Leveon Bell didn't hold out untill after playing 5 full seasons on his rookie deal Jamal only played 3.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Adams is holding out? First time I ever heard of a player holding out before manditory reporting date. 

Did Leveon Bell request a trade after 3 years? Ryan Clark, who talks to Jamal regularly says he will hold out to force Douglas hand.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You are being a gullible fool. I think it now costs 40 grand a day to hold out. He won't  do it. 

Yes, that's the only reason he won't be holding out.  He'll find other creative ways to try to cause mayhem and locker room discord.  No doubt about it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

It took playing out his full rookie contract plus being franchised for Leveon Bell to hold out and Jamal is doing all this after only his third year? The narcissism of this guy is off the charts

I don't see a hold-out.  Where do you see one?  I see a child stomping his feet demanding something, in this case a trade and then further demanding that he will still demand a contract extension to 75% of the league, thereby reducing the likelihood of a trade.  That's quite a bit of toxicity along with circularity right there.  Let's wait a bit before we add hold-out to the list.

• Upvote 1

at least bell wasn't under contract when he held out; wanted a good deal; RBs normally only get one big contract; Jamal, if he doesn't get greedy or hurt could get 2; also, i get that it isn't fair to be drafted, but the fifth year option is good money and it is guaranteed against injury i believe. Not only does he want a new contract after 3 years, but he wants top money; so the jets should throw away the cheap 4th year and reasonable 5th year to pay him the 20/year. Both early and top money - must be nice...

And look what happened to Bell. Pittsburgh did not budge and he settled for less money and years on a team that isn't using him the way Pittsburgh was. 

It's ridiculous that anyone at any job can hold out for more money. If the average person does that we are fired and have to look for a new job and have to explain what happened. 

Not sure what the resolution will be. If you give him money then it's doing everyone they can do this, if you trade him, everyone thinks they can do this to get their way.