Jetsfan80

Top 10 concerts in your lifetime

Too many to list or put into any coherent order.  Mostly as I was incoherent for many of these dates.  Here's a smattering, most from the 70s and early 80s.

Led Zeppelin at MSG (twice)

The Who at MSG (twice)

Yes at MSG and Roosevelt Stadium in NJ

Queen/Mott the Hoople, Uris Theater, NYC.  Queen's first tour and the first rock concert on Broadway.

Bowie, MSG

Uriah Heep, Rochester War Memorial

Van Halen/Black Sabbath, MSG  Van Halen's first tour.

Ramones, CBGBs

The Clash, Bond's Disco  Infamous gig.

Elvis and the Attractions, NYC (can't remember the venue.)

Allmans, Beacon Theatre

Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit Concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre with Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Neil, and many guests.

• Upvote 2

Forgot a few good ones:

Angel/Rush/ZZ Top (in that order), Syracuse War Memorial (1976?)

Harry Chapin, Brooklyn College

Prince, twice in the 80s at MSG

EDIT:  Kiss, LI Coliseum (New Year's Eve 1975)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

If Foreigner is in your list... you got to get out more.  Original Bass player is from Brentwood LI and lived next to my best friend.  Saw them after the 1st album, went back stage etc. Neat experience for a 16 year old.

I saw them on that tour. at my college.  Very professional show.  Lou Gramm was insanely good on vocals.

We couldn't believe Ian McDonald was with them.   Very cool that you knew Ed Gagliardi.

• Upvote 1

Think I've mentioned these before.   Three concerts/gigs that I still don't believe I attended:  

Joe Pass/Oscar Peterson/Count Basie Band/Ella Fitzgerald, Carnegie Hall, 1976  It was all that you could possibly imagine.

Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Village Gate, 70s  Show started at like 11PM and the legendary jazz great was incredible.  Got to really see him playing three saxophones at once.

David Murray Big Band, Sweet Basil, 1984  Featured Butch Morris "conducting".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Two concerts that I missed that I would have loved to see that my 1 yr older sister got to see:

Beatles at Shea

Monkees at Forest Hills (Monkess you say? Well not for them but the opening act would have been interesting. Jimi's first(?) US tour as The Experience)

The first one she didn't much enjoy. Sat in the Upper Deck and couldn't hear the band over the screaming. Second one she liked except "some loud band that just made noise" played first.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The band couldn't even hear themselves play.  Ringo had to figure out the beat the others were playing on by watching Paul McCartney shake his hips, lol.

The speaker system they had available to use that night, evidently, was ridiculously subpar.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Maybe but If they covered a John Coltrane piece I’m sure I’d listen.  😂

And Dave Mustaine definitely has a jazzy, smooth-as-silk vocal quality for sure.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

I've seen them a few times, but the last time (IZOD Center in 2014) was a bit disappointing. They were good, and I dunno if it's the difference between the US market and the European market, but the one thing that stood out was they didn't play Painkiller. Couldn't believe it. 

I remember one of my suite-mates back in '76 (oh, God) turning us on to their first record, Rocka Rolla.  They had no leather garb and the first photo of the band I ever saw had K.K. in a floppy hat (see below).  lol  How their look would change. 

judas-priest-early-band-photo-e141019392 

I always loved the twin guitar attack of K.K. and Glenn Tipton.  Those guys could rock.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company