Jetsfan80

Top 10 concerts in your lifetime

10 is a lot to list. There have been soooo many over the years. What immediately comes to mind is the top two and they occurred in the same place only one month apart;

Summer 1973; Shaeffer Music Festival (or maybe Dr, Pepper Music Festival by then)

King Crimson on the Lark's Tongue's tour. First look at Fripp. Bruford, Wetton, and Cross maybe three rows in front of them as the sun sets behind them while suitably "enhanced" as the time dictated. 

Then one month later, on the day my world changed forever at the same place. Mahavishnu Orchestra taping From Nothingness to Eternity, sitting so close that's me yelling "Yeah!" at the begining of Trilogy.

Not willing to rank others but a few come to mind as candidates:

ELP at MSG for the Tarkus tour. First time my brain was scrambled by Mr. Moog (it never recovered)

Miles opening for BS&T at MSG in '70 not only blew our minds but resulted in a funny story that happened later that summer

RTF after DiMeola joined them

Ponty with Alan Holdsworth in the band at the Academy of Music

Tower of Power very early on at My Father's Place, heck TOP live anytine in any era

Genesis at the Felt Forum for the Selling England Tour

Steve Vai at the Town Hall or maybe G3 when it was Satriani, Vai and Petrucci

Brand X, back then and to this day

sooo many more to think of this could be a different list tomorrow, except those first two. both of which and I am going to again as soon as I meet the guy who invents the time machine

• Like 1

Two concerts that I missed that I would have loved to see that my 1 yr older sister got to see:

Beatles at Shea

Monkees at Forest Hills (Monkess you say? Well not for them but the opening act would have been interesting. Jimi's first(?) US tour as The Experience)

The first one she didn't much enjoy. Sat in the Upper Deck and couldn't hear the band over the screaming. Second one she liked except "some loud band that just made noise" played first.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Maybe but If they covered a John Coltrane piece I’m sure I’d listen.  😂

• Upvote 1

Thread drift but just curious. Has any ever seen Los Lobotomys or Toxic Monkey? Both Steve Lukather super groups.  Both quite intriguing. 

How about first concert you ever went to?

Older brother of a friend took us to Central Park (Shaffer Music Festival - Wollman Rink) to see Richie Havens. Opening was Cashman, Pistilli & West (Cashman was the guy who did that talking baseball song years later)

The brother was a real hippie and his friends were really cool and what's this cigarette with the tapered ends that you are passing to me? 

I still have the love beads they gave me that night

• Like 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company