Which option do you take if you're Joe D?

AFJF

If you're Joe D, what do you do?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you take if you're Joe D?

• Trade Jamal to Dallas
    • Let it blow over, try to re-sign him
    • Retain him, suspend him and send him home for the season if he continues being a cancer (a la Keyshawn/Gruden)
    • Retain him, make him inactive every week
    • Take best offer you can get, even if he's not getting equal value

I started a thread before the COVID19 hit hard that most major sporting events will be cancelled in 2020 and it is coming to fruition. With this said, Adams will be sitting out this year regardless and only a GM called Maccagnan would be crazy enough to sign-and-trade for Adams with the current situation in the world of sports. 

Joe D should probably get rid of him before the beginning of the 2021 season; I just don't think anyone will take on him in 2020 unless it comes at a discounted price regardless of his talent.  

• Upvote 1

The option I'd take is to wait for a fair offer from any team besides the Cowboys. Then fine his ass every day of training camp and don't wipe away the fine when he eventually shows up. That'll send a message to every other player.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Which option do you take if you're Joe D?

None of these options.

You don't trade until you get a monster deal and meanwhile you let him play.

He is not going to sit during the season, because this will ultimately tank his value.

He will be pissed and whine and complain but he is ultimately stuck.

If you trade him for pennies, it shows as an organization that you are willing to allow a whiny bitch get his way and will give fire to future players to do the same thing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

None of these options.

You don't trade until you get a monster deal and meanwhile you let him play.

He is not going to not play during the season, because this will ultimately tank his value.

He will be pissed and whine and complain but he is ultimately stuck.

If you trade him for pennies, it shows as an organization that you are willing to allow a whiny bitch get his way and will give fire to future players to do the same thing.

I agree! You can't let him punch his way off the team for poor value. Either the Jets get their price or he stays on the team.

• Upvote 3

1. File a tampering charge against DAL and Adams.  This has been
floating around since the trade deadline last year.  Where there's
smoke there's fire

2. Once that's complete I would trade him to DAL for Gallup, a 
2021 #1 and a 2022 #2

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KRL said:

1. File a tampering charge against DAL and Adams.  This has been
floating around since the trade deadline last year.  Where there's
smoke there's fire

2. Once that's complete I would trade him to DAL for Gallup, a 
2021 #1 and a 2022 #2

The tampering is coming from Adams agent... JA has always wanted to be a cowboy and now he thinks he can leverage himself there.

If you can get that value for Adams, JD would be considered god level around here.

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Ignore the diversion, and continue holding out for a serious offer. Make these terms clear to his agent, and put the player on notice.

I'm not sure the drama is affecting the team at this point. His team-mates could roll their eyes and assume it's just business.

Yup.  My approach would be....don’t change a thing.  He’s under contract for 2 more years.  He’s expected to show up and play.  Communicate that definitively to him and his agent.  Then focus on the rest of the team.

Does Jamal know that these are the Jets we’re talking about?  This team has had drama for decades....it’s nothing new and I don’t think it will sway Joe D one way or the other.  Jamal’s demands are really just sugar for him, Jets fans and the media.  Quite honestly, I don’t think Joe D is staying awake at night over this and Gregg Williams will simply coach him whenever he’s on the field.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Let him rot on the bench for next 3 years since we control his ass.

Which would help the team how?

We're trying to make the team better right?  Being a bigger baby than Adams just to get him back doesn't really fit the job title for JD

You either work it out with Jamal, get him back in good graces playing his ass off or you trade him to the highest bidder for the max return.

• Upvote 2

No vote. 3 of the 5 choices are not rooted in reality.

Adams has been a very good player on a sh!t team.  However he is not a 20 mil player and is not the player he and some fans are hyping him to be. Shooting himself out of town may actually turn out to be shooting himself in the foot.

36 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Send him to the Redskins so he has to play the Cowboys twice a year. Then extend Marcus Maye and take out a page in the Washington Post to announce it.

I like this. What could a full page ad in a newspaper cost nowadays? 50 bucks? 

8 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

No vote. 3 of the 5 choices are not rooted in reality.

Adams has been a very good player on a sh!t team.  However he is not a 20 mil player and is not the player he and some fans are hyping him to be. Shooting himself out of town may actually turn out to be shooting himself in the foot.

My favorite is option 3.

That's what i call the 'terrell owens situation'.

When your star player starts doing sit-ups and dumbbell curls in the driveway, and holds his own press conference with the cameras around him, you know it's time to push the button:

3 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Let him rot on the bench for next 3 years since we control his ass.

EXACTLY THIS!

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Which would help the team how?

We're trying to make the team better right?  Being a bigger baby than Adams just to get him back doesn't really fit the job title for JD

You either work it out with Jamal, get him back in good graces playing his ass off or you trade him to the highest bidder for the max return.

PRECEDENCE

Question ... when do you think the next crying baby, i want my bottle, player that will challenge Joe Douglas in a situation like this be?

I’d suspend him or see what disciplinary options are available.  If not let him ride the bench for a bit and put him in the doghouse.  You CANNOT let a player on a rookie contract dictate things.  If an offer you cannot refuse comes along then trade him.  Otherwise let him ride the bench to send a message that you won’t tolerate these types of antics.  

This is a guy on a rookie contract even stating teams he will go to.  The Jets have the right to trade him ANYWHERE they wish.  

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

EXACTLY THIS!

PRECEDENCE

Question ... when do you think the next crying baby, i want my bottle, player that will challenge Joe Douglas in a situation like this be?

And other than making a point everyone knows is an option, how does it make the Jets a better team to have their best player who you would want contributing by playing or by bringing in assets to be in limbo adding nothing to the team?  Its all about roster management, not making points.  He needs to be playing or traded.  Drag it out, punish him, make him into more of an annoyance and problem than he actually is and youre decreasing his value.

13 minutes ago, ljr said:

And what's the perception around the league should the Jets "let him rot"? Would free agents think this was a good place to come to? 

Jamal Adams is in the wrong, 100%. It's obvious that he's trying to shoot himself out of town. I understand the desire to not cave to his wishes or demands, but there's no benefit to letting him sit. You're gonna pay him $10M next year to spitefully glue his ass to the bench? Not exactly solid asset management there. 

No, the Jets have to hope that there's more than one team out there willing to trade picks and/or players for a disgruntled, narcissistic box safety, and take the best offer that comes their way. I'd prefer it before training camp, but I'd get it done before the trade deadline. If Adams does decide to hold out, it'll weaken the trade market. I think that would be a bad move on his part, but I think this current stance is a bad move, too. Definitely want to trade him when his value's at its highest. That was probably last year's trade deadline, and it could be continuing to deteriorate. 

• Upvote 2