Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

lol, you probably shouldn't bring up last game and your playbook... 

i am with you, we do need to lynch Jvill at some point or as you said earlier, crushers "hardest to lynch" crown is moving to jvill

I can always support a Day 1 lynch of Crusher if you ever want to test your theory.  Just make a case, any case and I'm with you. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like the Jvill train stalled.  I'm disappointed.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was scum.  Unvote

I need to re-read at a certain point but still on my first coffee.

I’m not. Who else has piqued your interest?

30 minutes ago, Stark said:

Ballin was voting PAC, who's not even in the game.. 

so is that like 80 voting verb to start every game or was that just ballin being funny? I think I have only played 2 games with Ballin

pac isn't in the game?  lmfao

30 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like the Jvill train stalled.  I'm disappointed.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was scum.  Unvote

I need to re-read at a certain point but still on my first coffee.

I'll be waiting

29 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

If one can't read that a vote on Pac is a joke when he is not in the game, then we have bigger problems.

I didn't know xD

Not that it would mean much to me even if he was in this stage of the game. I often struggle in games with 80 and Verb where there's only one vote but two dead bodies I'd like to bury.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

End result is arsis flexes his muscles in front of a mirror, ape heads to the bathroom to have a solid poop and LK gets himself banned from the internet.

Before the pandemic I was closing in on a 405lb bench. I got 375 up with a clean pause. Hit 315 for a solid 8. My squat was flirting with starting with the number 5 as well.

Right now I'm fat and weak but in January I was golden.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

so yea @Drums , this goes back to what I mentioned yesterday.

And I think Nyn pretty much did an excellent job of articulating the reasoning why anyone is voting you.

What say you to that ?

Also what are your current leans?

21 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Before the pandemic I was closing in on a 405lb bench. I got 375 up with a clean pause. Hit 315 for a solid 8. My squat was flirting with starting with the number 5 as well.

Wow, what an animal. ? ???

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

so yea @Drums , this goes back to what I mentioned yesterday.

And I think Nyn pretty much did an excellent job of articulating the reasoning why anyone is voting you.

What say you to that ?

Also what are your current leans?

I get it, and maybe I'd even vote for me, but this is my play style, especially when nothing's happening. It worked for me in WMCJ and I am going with it again (didn't have time last game since it was so quick). It actually has gotten more people to take stances and post (unfortunately against me but even if I get lynched, maybe it'll help others at some point) so I don't feel like changing it. I am going to ask questions, I am going to make assumptions. Even if it's just to get someone to post (like kdels-- I rode his ass all game in WMCJ and it was mostly because of inactivity so I brought it up just to see).

Currently it's all feel since the only real action is people reading me. I like that Nyn and Arsis both made an effort to vote me, while the others just said what others were saying or nothing at all.

I like that some posters mentioned their hesitation to vote me based on the past few games (Nyn did not play with me when I've been like this)

Town: you, stark, jvill, lizzie, nyn, 

Less sure but leaning town: jc, arsis, JETS

What about you?

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Generating content isn't necessarily a town trait. If scum just sat back they'd have no influence on the lynch target at hand and would be at the mercy of town's decisions (for better or worse). It's true that it's easier to nudge along a misguided townie but scum push mislynches actively just as often.

Drums walked in as votes were piling on Jvill. He took a stance of the voice of reason, going on about how Jvill as town is a valuable player and how he's not going to rush there.  Wondering if this is a classic whiteknighting scenario. He uses Barry's lynch in a previous game as a way to dissuade the speed lynch on Jvill. Jvill, imo, reacts well and questions him about taking a different approach to him in a previous game. So brownie points there.

Then he makes a point of how Jvill's train would be an easy train for scum to jump on (interesting assumption considering we don't know Jvill's alignment). This is trash, really. If this lynch went through I don't think anything could be derived from it irt alignment because the reasoning behind it has nothing to do with this game. Scum could opt to get on the train or stay completely off of it. Suggesting otherwise feels like building a false narrative. Plus this is post flip conjuncture. Can't analyze a train without knowing the alignment of the player that got lynched. I would have maybe believed that this came from a good (if misguided) place if he had a town read on Jvill and actually went through all the players on the train and explained which seemed clean and which he was leaning dirty. But he threw that statement to fish imo. Eventually he votes Ballin out of the bunch with no explanation.

Later he nudges Kdles for a clear cut statement that he hasn't watched the show. Saying he's laying the ground to be inactive. Which to me seemed pretty ???. He follows that up by saying that in a game this big he'd expect scum to lay low. 2nd wifomy statement that has no legs to stand on.

He asks Ballin what his strategy D1 is, but doesn't question him about his vote switch. Then asks Jville what he thinks about the people voting him. Then he follows that up with pointing Jvill specifically at Ballin, asking him what he thinks about Ballin switching votes from Pac to Jville.

When Arsis foses him he defends himself with wifom (3rd wifom use). ie says scum wouldn't put themselves at the front 5 pages into the game and would rather hide. I certainly don't hide as scum or town, and I can say as much for a handful of other players. Overall pretty weak sauce.

Mostly he lands on the standard "yo bro, I'm just generating content, getting reactions." But I don't really see him deriving anything from it. He questioned Kdles irt his op but didn't really come out of it with any conclusions that I could see. I expected him to question Ballin irt his vote but he didn't. He offers wifom based assumptions that will only obscure the game rather than benefit it.

Later reads wise he says he think Jvill, Gata and Lizzy are prolly town. And that he likes that Kdles voted him after I did. Which is a bit of a head scratcher for me but okay?

Even though I'd like to watch 80 bleed out of all of his orifices, I think Drums is out of his depth and should prolly hang.

Solid post. Explains well why I feel something is a bit off about Drums even though his play is ostensibly similar to his last few games. The early defense of me seemed out of place and looking to position himself within expectations.

I don’t have as much of a problem with the pushing people for reads/framing stuff. I’ve seen him do it as town multiple times now. NAI for me.

More of a concern is the defense against Arsis. The first post defending was fine, the second post was as you said extremely WIFOM-y about how scum would try to play, and reads as unnecessary/overly defensive. Also, as I explained, I don’t think the point/defense he was trying to make really means much with respect to his style of play specifically.

I could move here, but I’d like to identify another competing train first. If it’s me that’s fine but I’d like it to be at least gameplay related as we’re starting to get into the weeds here. What’s your read on Smash? Dropping in late to place a vote on the leading train with no explanation, bemoaning that others didn’t get unspecified info from running me up, and then not addressing my question of what he had hoped glean from my train has me thinking he’s a solid second option here.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I get it, and maybe I'd even vote for me, but this is my play style, especially when nothing's happening. It worked for me in WMCJ and I am going with it again (didn't have time last game since it was so quick). It actually has gotten more people to take stances and post (unfortunately against me but even if I get lynched, maybe it'll help others at some point) so I don't feel like changing it. I am going to ask questions, I am going to make assumptions. Even if it's just to get someone to post (like kdels-- I rode his ass all game in WMCJ and it was mostly because of inactivity so I brought it up just to see).

Currently it's all feel since the only real action is people reading me. I like that Nyn and Arsis both made an effort to vote me, while the others just said what others were saying or nothing at all.

I like that some posters mentioned their hesitation to vote me based on the past few games (Nyn did not play with me when I've been like this)

What about you?

I’m town? I told arsis to go lube up his favorite Korn poster and I didn’t realize gata was voting under an alter ego and pointed that out. Other than that I have said nothing 

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

I’m town? I told arsis to go lube up his favorite Korn poster and I didn’t realize gata was voting under an alter ego and pointed that out. Other than that I have said nothing 

I like that you didn't just come in and jump on my bandwagon but asked some questions 

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Solid post. Explains well why I feel something is a bit off about Drums even though his play is ostensibly similar to his last few games. The early defense of me seemed out of place and looking to position himself within expectations.

I don’t have as much of a problem with the pushing people for reads/framing stuff. I’ve seen him do it as town multiple times now. NAI for me.

More of a concern is the defense against Arsis. The first post defending was fine, the second post was as you said extremely WIFOM-y about how scum would try to play, and reads as unnecessary/overly defensive. Also, as I explained, I don’t think the point/defense he was trying to make really means much with respect to his style of play specifically.

I could move here, but I’d like to identify another competing train first. If it’s me that’s fine but I’d like it to be at least gameplay related as we’re starting to get into the weeds here. What’s your read on Smash? Dropping in late to place a vote on the leading train with no explanation, bemoaning that others didn’t get unspecified info from running me up, and then not addressing my question of what he had hoped glean from my train has me thinking he’s a solid second option here.

No offense jvill but I am against day 1 joke lynches and you may be dead if it wasn't for me. I really don't know why I'd want to slow down the day if I were scum. Not to mention you are a good town player so it'd be good to get rid of you. I don't understand why that's scummy haha

Day 1 Vote Count:

Drums (5) -- Nyn, Meister, Kdels, Arsis, JiF
Jvill (5) -- Stark, 80, CTM, Smush, Lizzy
Lizzy (1) -- SMC
SMC (1) -- Crusher
Ballin (1) -- Drums
Smash (1) -- Jvill
Arsis (1) -- Free
Crusher (1) -- JC

Not voting: ballin, gata, ape, JETS

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch. No deadline yet.

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I like that you didn't just come in and jump on my bandwagon but asked some questions 

Yeah but there’s a difference between a couple

of good posts and being considered town. Thee game is 10 pages long and you have multiple players on each side of your list. 

Unvote vote drums 

Just now, Lizard King said:

Yeah but there’s a difference between a couple

of good posts and being considered town. Thee game is 10 pages long and you have multiple players on each side of your list. 

Unvote vote drums 

I've only given gut town reads which I find easier to do, and I haven't given the other side of my list yet because I don't really have one

9 minutes ago, Drums said:

What about you?

JETS isn't an active poster I've seen him do this as town so I have him on my town lean currently same with Jvill & Nyn 

everyone else is up in the air even yourself 

I think the Smashie Pooh just placing his vote on JV probably I liked the least thus far. 

36 minutes ago, Arsis said:

the outsiders GIF

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Korn? Come on. If I'm sticking a poster in my ass it's going to be a Death poster at the very least.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, GATA said:

JETS isn't an active poster I've seen him do this as town so I have him on my town lean currently same with Jvill & Nyn 

everyone else is up in the air even yourself 

I think the Smashie Pooh just placing his vote on JV probably I liked the least thus far. 

The vote from Jvill didn't bother me that much but the post about not getting info was a little pingy

41 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Wow, I had fun in 8th grade too! 

• Post of the Week 1