Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

I’m not saying there is only 2, please read where I say based on the OPs. The OPs  have stated Ruth & then Wyatt who died FFS 

we don’t know if there is or isn’t more 

It was your wording that was odd but it wouldn't be the first time I had a hard time figuring out what you were trying to compute.

I'm not gonna tunnel on it

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Im looking at everything, why cant I go back and revisit it?  It's was an odd choice, with one, on N1, with a vest.  I just, dont like it.  It hasnt sit with me well this whole time and since Gata went there, I'm asking some more questions.  It's not like this day is going anywhere.  What's the harm? 

If it was a wild guess in the dark I would 100 % agree with you BUT it was an educated guess with circumstances attached to it I mean its not like I shot a random player on N1 on a hunch or gut feeling I strongly felt he was outright lying like so many scum do when they get lynched.

I had info on SMC's prior play which was always pounding his chest as scum claiming he was town and that we made a terrible mistake and he winds up flipping scum anyhow....  Then him being a 1x unkillable which always seems to flip scum like so many have pointed out. He already outed himself and if he was telling the truth he would be dead anyway OR just another vanilla townie since he already used his 1x ability which helped him but did nothing for town at that time or in the long run. If anything my kill on him (thinking he was lying) gave us more info to start the game a lot more info.

*** Mod Note ***

I've had people ask me to clarify, so one last time.

• The scenes and music from night action scenes contain information and clues relevant to the game. They also contain flavor. 
  • Stories, characters and user names in lynch scenes are for flavor only and do not contain clues.

For further clarification on scenes, please refer to rule fourteen.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

*** Mod Note ***

• The scenes and music from night action scenes contain information and clues relevant to the game. They also contain flavor. 
  • Character and user names in lynch scenes are for flavor only and do not contain clues.

Rookie mvp mod

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If it was a wild guess in the dark I would 100 % agree with you BUT it was an educated guess with circumstances attached to it I mean its not like I shot a random player on N1 on a hunch or gut feeling I strongly felt he was outright lying like so many scum do when they get lynched.

I had info on SMC's prior play which was always pounding his chest as scum claiming he was town and that we made a terrible mistake and he winds up flipping scum anyhow....  Then him being a 1x unkillable which always seems to flip scum like so many have pointed out. He already outed himself and if he was telling the truth he would be dead anyway OR just another vanilla townie since he already used his 1x ability which helped him but did nothing for town at that time or in the long run. If anything my kill on him (thinking he was lying) gave us more info to start the game a lot more info.

This is where I get hung up, if this is your angle then he's insta lynched the next day phase.  For someone who only had one shot with a vest and is a very cerebral player, it's just off.  The only reason I havent gone full tilt you're lying is because I dont see you as the type of player that pulls this move the way you did but could be a brilliant play.  I mean, Drums just told me not to even talk about it.  

ugh, f u Cocky B! 

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

*** Mod Note ***

• Stories, characters and user names in lynch scenes are for flavor only and do not contain clues.

That's what I'm saying you guys could be mistaking clues for flavor. No matter who was electrocuted it almost had to show the people in the show doing it that does not mean those characters in the game actully did it.

53 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

game aside, hope yout MIL is ok... thoughts and prayers..    my closest aunt just died last night...  (non covid) ...

she was awesome. what a great cook and great aunt i had. may she rest in peace. orishas to Aunt Rita

Thanks Los. Sorry to hear about your aunt, my condolences. May she Rest In Peace.

Hoping to get some more definitive answers about the MIL soon. Been trying to get her to go to the hospital for the last few days, finally got her to agree today. She’s been vomiting every few hours, sleeping most of the day, high BP. So far they don’t know what’s causing it. My FIL is with her now, and my wife who’s a nurse is off work the next few days so she’ll be heading there tomorrow. We’ll see what the doctors come back with.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is where I get hung up, if this is your angle then he's insta lynched the next day phase.  For someone who only had one shot with a vest and is a very cerebral player, it's just off.  The only reason I havent gone full tilt you're lying is because I dont see you as the type of player that pulls this move the way you did but could be a brilliant play.  I mean, Drums just told me not to even talk about it.  

ugh, f u Cocky B! 

I'm not sure lying is the argument here since I said I was going to do it before the night phase even ended can't lie about it then get caught not doing it. I'm fine if you think it was a bad play I have no issue with opinion on that at all. All I can do is say what and why I did it then let the chips fall where they may. 

Drums telling you not to talk about it is a deal between you and him I have no idea why he would say that it makes no sense. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

game aside, hope yout MIL is ok... thoughts and prayers..    my closest aunt just died last night...  (non covid) ...

she was awesome. what a great cook and great aunt i had. may she rest in peace. orishas to Aunt Rita

Sorry to hear that Los keep those memories fresh and she will be with you forever :)

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Thanks Los. Sorry to hear about your aunt, my condolences. May she Rest In Peace.

Hoping to get some more definitive answers about the MIL soon. Been trying to get her to go to the hospital for the last few days, finally got her to agree today. She’s been vomiting every few hours, sleeping most of the day, high BP. So far they don’t know what’s causing it. My FIL is with her now, and my wife who’s a nurse is off work the next few days so she’ll be heading there tomorrow. We’ll see what the doctors come back with.

Jvill hope all is well stay positive bro 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Even if you hadn't shot SMC, he'd still be dead anyway.

Kinda weird for you to be patting yourself on the back for that.

20 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I hope it's nothing, but good news, bud.

And I'm sorry for your loss, @Losmeister. I hope she lived a long, full, and happy life.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's what I'm saying you guys could be mistaking clues for flavor. No matter who was electrocuted it almost had to show the people in the show doing it that does not mean those characters in the game actully did it.

Yeah, but the scene said exactly who wired the dock.

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not sure lying is the argument here since I said I was going to do it before the night phase even ended can't lie about it then get caught not doing it. I'm fine if you think it was a bad play I have no issue with opinion on that at all. All I can do is say what and why I did it then let the chips fall where they may. 

Drums telling you not to talk about it is a deal between you and him I have no idea why he would say that it makes no sense. 

I said we can move on because it seems you guys are just running in circles. If you want to keep talking about it, go ahead

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, CTM said:

I'm not doing that though, I've been pretty consistant on you since you pinged day 1. When something else comes up worth voting, like 80, I moved.

I'm reading and watching but at this point I'd prefer to lynch from pool of unknowns, you are one of them 

Possible you answered this already but what was the D1 ping?

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Of course I thought about it, but I have seen SMC go crazy in the past when hes voted out as scum Meta does play a part here. I've seen SMC go on rants for entire pages after being Lynched as scum saying sh*t like OMG I cant believe you did this with all the mock outrage still claiming he was town then boom the death scene and SMC is scum LOL. He does it all the time that and the fact he was unlychable which everyone argued was always a scum role . Its seemed logical to me he way trying to **** with us. In the grand scheme of things he was NK by scum anyhow but by me being transparent I knew that I would not have to explain his death later in the game which always looks like bullsh*t. Also do you think it was smart of SMC being so powerful that be basically gave it up to scum exactly who he was before Night actions were in  ? I took all of that into account JIF I certainly did not blindly shoot as some Vig's have here recently

The thing I still don’t get is why submit the kill before the claim?

A few notes after ISO'ing Jvill:

-A lot of questioning and light nudging on Drums throughout Day 1, without ever explicitly calling him Scum or voting him.

-Named Ballin, JETS, and Arsis as potential Scum on his train. Never questioned them about their votes.

-Only voted twice this game. Once for Smash on page 4, seemingly to get him into the game, and then on SMC's lynch train.

-A lot of asking people their opinions, but not a lot of content.

-JC had the early vote on him, as well as a comment that he wouldn't be surprised Jvill is Scum. Very light and superficial interaction with JC on Jvill's part.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have no idea who shot JC. Could be:

1. JC targeted Kdels and shot himself (assuming Kdels is telling the truth)

2. The same Cartel shooter (Nelson) who shot Free

3. A yet unnamed party (Snell?)

As far as the makeup of the Langmore Team goes, per the source, the possibilities are:

1. Ruth

2. Wyatt

3. Russ (Ruth's Uncle and Wyatt's Father)

4. Cade (Ruth's Father)

5. Boyd (Brother of Russ and Cade)

6. Three (Wyat's Brother)

Exactly how many of them are actually on the team, or even in the game, is hard to quantify when we don't even know how many opposing forces are at play in this game.

Also, we still don't know exactly how the "searching" mechanic works, and if that has any affect on alignments, with multiple players being able to switch allegiances.

I was thinking the searching mechanic would have something to do with earning shots, like SMC’s game, but given that Pac helped Barry with this one and knowing his love of conversion games, this makes sense too. Also fits the theme, where allegiances are not clear cut and constantly shifting.

i do think figuring out the mechanics will be helpful and want to take a look at it early tomorrow with fresh eyes. But between the CTM/JiF debate that wound up getting convoluted in semantics and the hyper analysis of the death scenes when Barry has stated not to take all of it as gospel, I do worry we may start missing the Forest for the trees here.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

A few notes after ISO'ing Jvill:

-A lot of questioning and light nudging on Drums throughout Day 1, without ever explicitly calling him Scum or voting him.

I didn’t vote there, true, but I think I stated I wouldn’t have a problem moving there to consolidate. Thought there were better options and thought a second train would be beneficial, and gave my reasons for why I thought it should be Smash. Also had no idea if Drums was scum or not, so why would I explicitly call him scum?

-Named Ballin, JETS, and Arsis as potential Scum on his train. Never questioned them about their votes.

Eh. I wouldn’t couch it that way. It was super early and a joke train, Drums asked specifically who I thought the scum would be if I had to guess. Fair to point out though I guess.

-Only voted twice this game. Once for Smash on page 4, seemingly to get him into the game, and then on SMC's lynch train.

Also fair to point out, though although my initial vote on Smash was to get him into the game, I didn’t like his response for reasons I pointed out and kept my vote there.

Specifics on this? I don’t think I’ve asked for any opinion without first laying out my own opinion and the basis for it.

-JC had the early vote on him, as well as a comment that he wouldn't be surprised Jvill is Scum. Very light and superficial interaction with JC on Jvill's part.

This referring to the GFY 8 ball? If so, same response to you.

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Even if you hadn't shot SMC, he'd still be dead anyway.

Kinda weird for you to be patting yourself on the back for that.

didn't mean for it to look like I was patting myself on the back its just the way it played out I never said my shooting was a great move in any way shape or form and if i did then I would agree with your statement of me Patting myself on the back.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Did I miss a claim from Ballin? And a character from Hess would be helpful. Considering Arsis claimed he was unable to be NK’d, I don’t see what the harm would be at this point.

Drums Visited him he came up Not FBI

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Specifics on this? I don’t think I’ve asked for any opinion without first laying out my own opinion and the basis for it.

Might be a poor observation on my part (I ISO'd you before dinner, and posted that after, so I was trying to recall my impressions). Not an accusation.

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This referring to the GFY 8 ball? If so, same response to you.

Not just that, but your interactions with him as a whole. You didn't really press him for voting you and saying he wouldn't be surprised you were Scum.

Just now, HessStation said:

I don’t know, if mod says it’s ok. Why you so scummy??

Hmmm you’re a Bulletproof Doc which is still like lol how that flip happened 

so since we know you’re a Powerful role why would the character reveal hurt we could at least make sure you’re not lying