Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

I think Jvill is too important as a town player to joke lynch day 1 even though I do want to pop his cherry so yeah not rushing into voting him

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Hmm.. weren’t you ok with it D1 last game?

I remember voting you for a minute but I don't think I stayed on you. Do you want me to vote for you or something?

1 minute ago, GATA said:

How do you know if he's town or not?

I don't but we won't have a chance of knowing if we lynch him immediately like what happened to Barry last game

1 minute ago, GATA said:

He isn't lynched yet this is still the start of the phase. A rule of thumb we get more info the closer we get to the lynch.

Also an easy train for scum to jump on in my opinion 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If we don't do it now it may never happen.  Dude is close to passing Crusher for "least likely to be lynched" in Mafia history.

This is true haha

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're next.

Asustad Reaction GIF by moodman

Just now, jvill 51 said:

Just a different early D1 approach from last game in a similar scenario. Was curious to see what changed.

I wasn't going to actually vote you long enough for you to get lynched on day 1 haha. And now I've learned from Barry getting speed lynched when I wasn't looking. I don't want to **** around right now

35 minutes ago, GATA said:

He isn't lynched yet this is still the start of the phase. A rule of thumb we get more info the closer we get to the lynch.

What kind of info are you looking to get?

Vote Ballin

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t watch Ozarks.

Me either but this comes off as you planting a seed of inactivity. No me gusta

Just now, kdels62 said:

This seems to be you planting a seed of accusations. 

That's what I am doing, but I was hoping you would explain that wasn't the case

You want me to explain that I won’t go inactive? Even though you have no reason to think I’m going inactive. 

No I was hoping you'd elaborate on what your first post was really saying. Was it saying you won't be into this game? That's what I got from it already. Good way for scum to prep hiding is all I'm saying. This is a big game and it would be easy for scum to lay low for a while. 

I’m saying I haven’t watched Ozarks. That’s my statement.

K thanks

@BallinPB, what's typically your strategy day one?

@jvill 51 any thoughts about the people on your train?

7 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You're scum this game aren't you?

No but I am trying to make sh*t happen

32 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Not much, what’s going on with you?

Nothing but I feel like this is where @JiF would talk about what he golfed this morning

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Eh I expected to get run up early. Certainly convenient cover for scum, I’m sure there’s one or two on there, but I also think there’s probably scum avoiding getting caught on the tail end of a lynch that’s not based on anything actually gameplay related.

Any thoughts on Ballin voting Pac then quickly going with the flow to you?

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Just stop you're scum. Go in the QT and regroup

Ok go back to talking about the dumb sex sh*t again. Yay.

7 minutes ago, Arsis said:

It doesn't feel like that. It feels like you're overzealously reaching to look like you're being active. It looks super forced.

Unvote vote Drums

Have you seen me day one lately? 

@Arsis please explain why scum would come out before page 5 and start going after people? Wouldn't scum want to sit back and let the joke phase go on for a while? I think scum wants to sit back and hide in a big game like this. I don't want that to happen so if you don't like me asking questions and going for reactions, kiss my ass.

14 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I lean towards you being active D1 as a null tell for me at this point. The one game we were scum together you were much less active, I think it was your first game as scum, and it was brought up a bunch of times the game(s) after that. You’re good, I’d be surprised if you didn’t pick up on that and adjust your scum game.

Well you’ll see I’m town eventually. All I know is that if you’re town, scum is sitting back saying either one of us would be a great lynch for them on D1 

22 minutes ago, GATA said:

I don’t think they’re saying you’re a great lynch for no reason I think the way you frame things sometimes it’s like you’re creating a narrative. Usually framing things are scum traits. But I’ve seen you do this as town so I’m not going to vote you for that. I think kdels mentioned it and so did arsis obviously they can be scum too but just so you know. Kinda what happened with you and DPR in the WMCJ game 

If it gets people posting, I'm okay with it

20 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah I’m definitely not gonna begrudge you for forcing people to take positions D1. It’s a net positive for town as opposed to a speed lynch. Just saying it’s not something that points me towards your alignment, it’s something I would expect from you as town, and i would expect you to play it up as scum.

In terms of reads though, where are you at?

Well I think you and gata are probably town and Lizzie with the questions he was asking. That's about it for now until more people start posting. You?

I like that kdels waited until Nyn voted me to vote me. 

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I don’t mind how Lizzie came in. Nyn was giving off town vibes earlier. Smash throwing a vote on me without even a joke explanation was a meh entrance and I don’t mind keeping my vote there for now. GATA peeling off my train felt like she was just waiting for the opportunity to do so, but I’ve softened on that over the last couple of pages. I agree with her read on you, though I am wary of you trying to position yourself as ultra townie. The early reluctance to vote me, which we talked about earlier, felt a bit out of place.

Eh as much as you deserve to be lynched, you gotta earn it

7 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

You seeing how he feels about it vs making the observation yourself and giving your thoughts, bothers me. Your had a string of bad posts and I gotta tell ya.... they're not getting any better.

Any thoughts on that?

No nyn, I am already voting Ballin for that so you are wrong. I don’t care if you don’t like the way I am playing. It is getting people to play and make some reads and will hopefully be useful later

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Good response.  I like you, a lot, like a lot lot. 

Vote Drums

Bitch please

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Reading through the first few pages.  Drums sucks.  Jville is too cool for this place and Arsis is still Decker 2.0 for me.  

Going with the flow again. You did this all last game

2 hours ago, JiF said:

ewwwww everyone plays the game differently.  We have known coward scum and we have super aggressive scum.  Gross post.  

In a huge game like this, you can bet your ass scum is going to hide so don't give me that

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Voting him for what? You just dropped a vote with no reason that I could see, unless I missed it. And then tried to nudge the narrative out of someone else. 

Why not openly say what bothers you about him and then see if others feel you're on to something?

Did you even ask ballin for his rationale about his vote switch? As it seems that's what piqued your interest.

Your approach feels weird. 

I'm unorthodox I guess

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

so yea @Drums , this goes back to what I mentioned yesterday.

And I think Nyn pretty much did an excellent job of articulating the reasoning why anyone is voting you.

What say you to that ?

Also what are your current leans?

I get it, and maybe I'd even vote for me, but this is my play style, especially when nothing's happening. It worked for me in WMCJ and I am going with it again (didn't have time last game since it was so quick). It actually has gotten more people to take stances and post (unfortunately against me but even if I get lynched, maybe it'll help others at some point) so I don't feel like changing it. I am going to ask questions, I am going to make assumptions. Even if it's just to get someone to post (like kdels-- I rode his ass all game in WMCJ and it was mostly because of inactivity so I brought it up just to see).

Currently it's all feel since the only real action is people reading me. I like that Nyn and Arsis both made an effort to vote me, while the others just said what others were saying or nothing at all.

I like that some posters mentioned their hesitation to vote me based on the past few games (Nyn did not play with me when I've been like this)

Town: you, stark, jvill, lizzie, nyn, 

Less sure but leaning town: jc, arsis, JETS

What about you?

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

I’m town? I told arsis to go lube up his favorite Korn poster and I didn’t realize gata was voting under an alter ego and pointed that out. Other than that I have said nothing 

I like that you didn't just come in and jump on my bandwagon but asked some questions 

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Solid post. Explains well why I feel something is a bit off about Drums even though his play is ostensibly similar to his last few games. The early defense of me seemed out of place and looking to position himself within expectations.

I don’t have as much of a problem with the pushing people for reads/framing stuff. I’ve seen him do it as town multiple times now. NAI for me.

More of a concern is the defense against Arsis. The first post defending was fine, the second post was as you said extremely WIFOM-y about how scum would try to play, and reads as unnecessary/overly defensive. Also, as I explained, I don’t think the point/defense he was trying to make really means much with respect to his style of play specifically.

I could move here, but I’d like to identify another competing train first. If it’s me that’s fine but I’d like it to be at least gameplay related as we’re starting to get into the weeds here. What’s your read on Smash? Dropping in late to place a vote on the leading train with no explanation, bemoaning that others didn’t get unspecified info from running me up, and then not addressing my question of what he had hoped glean from my train has me thinking he’s a solid second option here.

No offense jvill but I am against day 1 joke lynches and you may be dead if it wasn't for me. I really don't know why I'd want to slow down the day if I were scum. Not to mention you are a good town player so it'd be good to get rid of you. I don't understand why that's scummy haha

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company