Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

I was pretty confident we were popping that sh*t last game.... maybe i was off by 1 game. 

image.gif.7a3e7312daf1b5ffe57759338b0b7cea.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think Jvill is too important as a town player to joke lynch day 1 even though I do want to pop his cherry so yeah not rushing into voting him

Hmm.. weren’t you ok with it D1 last game?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Drums said:

I remember voting you for a minute but I don't think I stayed on you. Do you want me to vote for you or something?

Just a different early D1 approach from last game in a similar scenario. Was curious to see what changed.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Are you counting this as a vote, @Barry McCockinner?

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i did count it.

image.gif.3775723982e48dc8dd5a5f60eb4992bd.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

You're the boss!

Day 1 Vote Count:

Jvill (8) -- No.5, JC, Stark, 80, JETS, Ballin, CTM, Jvill

Lizzy (2) -- Nyn, SMC

SMC (1) -- Crusher

80 (1) -- Free

Arsis (1) -- Meister

image.gif.f7c0f2ab3f8565bc2a9ebd01bc821e8f.gif

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Day 1 Vote Count:

Jvill (8) -- Jvill , Jvill , Jvill , Jvill , Jvill , Jvill , Jvill , Jvill

Jvill (2) -- Jvill , Jvill

Jvill (1) -- Jvill

Jvill (1) -- Jvill

Jvill (1) -- Jvill

Jvill (1) -- Jvill

image.gif.9b3d91ad205c6de4a945a495434ba8db.gif

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

@jvill 51 any thoughts about the people on your train?

Eh I expected to get run up early. Certainly convenient cover for scum, I’m sure there’s one or two on there, but I also think there’s probably scum avoiding getting caught on the tail end of a lynch that’s not based on anything actually gameplay related.

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Any thoughts on Ballin voting Pac then quickly going with the flow to you?

Pac ain’t playing so I assumed the first vote was a joke, wouldn’t really call it a change of direction. If I had to take a shot at scum on the train at this point I’d say Ballin, JETS, and/or Arsis. They hadn’t telegraphed a vote for me before the game started like the others so I think they’d be most likely to try and hop on the train.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GATA said:

Well we knew this point was bound to happen everyone jumping off Jvill but I still believe!

sweet prince maybe not this game but you’ll  get your lynch 😭

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

Unvote 😭😭😭

Only two people jumped off before this, why are you giving up so quickly?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think you are an asset to town. 

Best instincts in the game ^^^

• Haha 2

Just now, Lizard King said:

She wasn’t on anyone lol 

She’s “No. 5” on the VC.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You complete me. 

I know but keep it quiet before @JiF gets jealous and tries to get me lynched

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Vote Jvill

That help ?

Not really, no

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

@JiF and I pride ourselves on our side pieces.,

Ahh, the double cuck scenario. Or do they cancel each other out, and neither of you is a cuck? @Arsis need a ruling on this one

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hell yeah its a nudge.  I want Jvill dead dead dead.  Haven't you been paying attention?

Just NK me, it’ll be so much simpler

1 hour ago, Drums said:

@Arsis please explain why scum would come out before page 5 and start going after people? Wouldn't scum want to sit back and let the joke phase go on for a while? I think scum wants to sit back and hide in a big game like this. I don't want that to happen so if you don't like me asking questions and going for reactions, kiss my ass.

I lean towards you being active D1 as a null tell for me at this point. The one game we were scum together you were much less active, I think it was your first game as scum, and it was brought up a bunch of times the game(s) after that. You’re good, I’d be surprised if you didn’t pick up on that and adjust your scum game.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last game I said in the QT we shouldn't NK you so you can get lynched.  I'm on a mission regardless of alignment.

Lol I know. I was pissed when GATA gave me that role at first because I knew if you or Stark were on the scum team you wouldn’t shoot me. And I was afraid that if either you were the cop you’d investigate me just to have a reason to lynch me.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JarJar Binks was memorable too.  Doesn't mean I didn't want to choke him.

Yeah, Plop and Clark were useless.  It's like they thought they needed to add 2 new characters to make up for losing Ryan and Kelly.  Stupid.  The cast they had in place were more than enough to carry the show through to the end.

I gave it a couple of episodes (maybe the whole next season?) after Michael left and then just couldn’t do it anymore. I like to pretend those seasons never happened.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GATA said:

That’s why although that role was sup’d up it was a swing role it could catapult the game in either direction 

Edit ::: I was also letting everyone reveal I really wanted to see Town figure out if you were lying or not but that didn’t play out. There were interesting roles I saw I try to get creative 

Yeah would have been real interesting if it wasn’t for, well, you know..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Well you’ll see I’m town eventually. All I know is that if you’re town, scum is sitting back saying either one of us would be a great lynch for them on D1 

Yeah I’m definitely not gonna begrudge you for forcing people to take positions D1. It’s a net positive for town as opposed to a speed lynch. Just saying it’s not something that points me towards your alignment, it’s something I would expect from you as town, and i would expect you to play it up as scum.

In terms of reads though, where are you at?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

Well I think you and gata are probably town and Lizzie with the questions he was asking. That's about it for now until more people start posting. You?

I don’t mind how Lizzie came in. Nyn was giving off town vibes earlier. Smash throwing a vote on me without even a joke explanation was a meh entrance and I don’t mind keeping my vote there for now. GATA peeling off my train felt like she was just waiting for the opportunity to do so, but I’ve softened on that over the last couple of pages. I agree with her read on you, though I am wary of you trying to position yourself as ultra townie. The early reluctance to vote me, which we talked about earlier, felt a bit out of place.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Eh as much as you deserve to be lynched, you gotta earn it

image.gif.f27242141604751ea6da953e184c234c.gif

• Post of the Week 2

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So you buffoons ran up Jvill and got no info for it ? Good job

Pretty sure I’m still the leading train. And what info were you looking for?

13 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Who is on your scum team and why is it Drums and Lizard queen?

image.gif.58db2b3285850f8b54dc2a39ec8b333a.gif

1 minute ago, Arsis said:

False. Black bears.

Well that’s debatable

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Arsis is pretty funny and said he would touch my penis.  Firm town read.  

If that's all it takes to put someone in your town pile you should have at least half the game figured out at this point

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

1. buddying the big man eh?

2. so you're just wrong on all accounts

1. He started it, I was just returning the favor. Like @Pac holding the door open for GATA as they head into Red Lobster, so she offers him the last cheddar biscuit even though he was totally going to grab it anyway.

2. Par for the course then

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like the Jvill train stalled.  I'm disappointed.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was scum.  Unvote

I need to re-read at a certain point but still on my first coffee.

I’m not. Who else has piqued your interest?

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Generating content isn't necessarily a town trait. If scum just sat back they'd have no influence on the lynch target at hand and would be at the mercy of town's decisions (for better or worse). It's true that it's easier to nudge along a misguided townie but scum push mislynches actively just as often.

Drums walked in as votes were piling on Jvill. He took a stance of the voice of reason, going on about how Jvill as town is a valuable player and how he's not going to rush there.  Wondering if this is a classic whiteknighting scenario. He uses Barry's lynch in a previous game as a way to dissuade the speed lynch on Jvill. Jvill, imo, reacts well and questions him about taking a different approach to him in a previous game. So brownie points there.

Then he makes a point of how Jvill's train would be an easy train for scum to jump on (interesting assumption considering we don't know Jvill's alignment). This is trash, really. If this lynch went through I don't think anything could be derived from it irt alignment because the reasoning behind it has nothing to do with this game. Scum could opt to get on the train or stay completely off of it. Suggesting otherwise feels like building a false narrative. Plus this is post flip conjuncture. Can't analyze a train without knowing the alignment of the player that got lynched. I would have maybe believed that this came from a good (if misguided) place if he had a town read on Jvill and actually went through all the players on the train and explained which seemed clean and which he was leaning dirty. But he threw that statement to fish imo. Eventually he votes Ballin out of the bunch with no explanation.

Later he nudges Kdles for a clear cut statement that he hasn't watched the show. Saying he's laying the ground to be inactive. Which to me seemed pretty ???. He follows that up by saying that in a game this big he'd expect scum to lay low. 2nd wifomy statement that has no legs to stand on.

He asks Ballin what his strategy D1 is, but doesn't question him about his vote switch. Then asks Jville what he thinks about the people voting him. Then he follows that up with pointing Jvill specifically at Ballin, asking him what he thinks about Ballin switching votes from Pac to Jville.

When Arsis foses him he defends himself with wifom (3rd wifom use). ie says scum wouldn't put themselves at the front 5 pages into the game and would rather hide. I certainly don't hide as scum or town, and I can say as much for a handful of other players. Overall pretty weak sauce.

Mostly he lands on the standard "yo bro, I'm just generating content, getting reactions." But I don't really see him deriving anything from it. He questioned Kdles irt his op but didn't really come out of it with any conclusions that I could see. I expected him to question Ballin irt his vote but he didn't. He offers wifom based assumptions that will only obscure the game rather than benefit it.

Later reads wise he says he think Jvill, Gata and Lizzy are prolly town. And that he likes that Kdles voted him after I did. Which is a bit of a head scratcher for me but okay?

Even though I'd like to watch 80 bleed out of all of his orifices, I think Drums is out of his depth and should prolly hang.

Solid post. Explains well why I feel something is a bit off about Drums even though his play is ostensibly similar to his last few games. The early defense of me seemed out of place and looking to position himself within expectations.

I don’t have as much of a problem with the pushing people for reads/framing stuff. I’ve seen him do it as town multiple times now. NAI for me.

More of a concern is the defense against Arsis. The first post defending was fine, the second post was as you said extremely WIFOM-y about how scum would try to play, and reads as unnecessary/overly defensive. Also, as I explained, I don’t think the point/defense he was trying to make really means much with respect to his style of play specifically.

I could move here, but I’d like to identify another competing train first. If it’s me that’s fine but I’d like it to be at least gameplay related as we’re starting to get into the weeds here. What’s your read on Smash? Dropping in late to place a vote on the leading train with no explanation, bemoaning that others didn’t get unspecified info from running me up, and then not addressing my question of what he had hoped glean from my train has me thinking he’s a solid second option here.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

No offense jvill but I am against day 1 joke lynches and you may be dead if it wasn't for me. I really don't know why I'd not want to slow down the day if I were scum. Not to mention you are a good town player so it'd be good to get rid of you. I don't understand why that's scummy haha

None taken. Maybe I didn’t articulate it well enough but whiteknighting I think is a good phrase for it. I wouldn’t put it past scum to try to slow down my lynch to put themselves in a better light. You could have just voted elsewhere, but it seemed like you making a serious point to make your opposition known. It stood out in what was a joke phase, especially in light of the previous game. Though admittedly I didn’t take the threat of getting lynched that seriously during the joke stage whereas you might have viewed it as more serious given what happened to Barry last game, which may be coloring my perception.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I have nothing to disagree with here but I'm tired of defending "defending wasting a lynch" when it was good intentions

Fair. It was a ping, i don’t think that alone warrants a vote or an elaborate back and forth.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company