Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

Checking in. Will read up tomorrow. Haven’t had a chance to dive in yet, sorry.

14 hours ago, JiF said:

The timing of this post directly after Drums above is probably just sweet irony but sweet nonetheless. 

Yes, def irony.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:09 PM, Drums said:

Also an easy train for scum to jump on in my opinion 

This is true haha

Seeding accusation.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, Drums said:

Me either but this comes off as you planting a seed of inactivity. No me gusta

Seeding accusation.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, Nynaeve said:

This feels a little over-explained

I agree.

On 6/22/2020 at 4:50 PM, kdels62 said:

Vote drums

Late vote here, considering I’d expect you to have voted him first. This is how far I’ve read. Nyn feels town.

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, Arsis said:

You're scum this game aren't you?

My thoughts. 

On 6/22/2020 at 8:47 PM, jvill 51 said:

Pac ain’t playing so I assumed the first vote was a joke, wouldn’t really call it a change of direction. If I had to take a shot at scum on the train at this point I’d say Ballin, JETS, and/or Arsis. They hadn’t telegraphed a vote for me before the game started like the others so I think they’d be most likely to try and hop on the train.

Huh?

On 6/22/2020 at 9:10 PM, Arsis said:

It doesn't feel like that. It feels like you're overzealously reaching to look like you're being active. It looks super forced.

Unvote vote Drums

This.

23 hours ago, GATA said:

Well we knew this point was bound to happen everyone jumping off Jvill but I still believe!

sweet prince maybe not this game but you’ll  get your lynch 😭

Eww.

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This is going to end badly 

🤣

22 hours ago, Arsis said:

This is absolutely the correct thing. I said he was coming across forced and scummy. But framing is definitely the better way to put it. It seems like he is trying to get a narrative going and seems like he has an agenda that just isn't finding scum. It also seemed super out of place so soon in the game.

Arsis coming across as town.

21 hours ago, Drums said:

If it gets people posting, I'm okay with it

Over-indexing in ‘getting people posting’, since game is young and moving fine.

21 hours ago, Drums said:

I like that kdels waited until Nyn voted me to vote me. 

Gross. Seeding accusations again.

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So you buffoons ran up Jvill and got no info for it ? Good job

Always with this dumb gripe.

14 hours ago, JiF said:

Good response.  I like you, a lot, like a lot lot. 

Vote Drums

Jif picking up on the same stuff I’m seeing.

12 hours ago, JiF said:

Shut your whore mouth.  Plenty of players in this game play out front as town or scum.  My participation level never changes.  Some people hide, others dont.  This is stupid and wrong and a distraction.  I want to smack your face.

Yasssss!

11 hours ago, Stark said:

so arsis vs ape vs lk - this game is going to be fun once it gets rolling

I’m too zen for those whack jobs 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

not vouching for CTM at all just know his style and when his is not posting most of the time he is disinterested town. He could be busy for all I know but my years of playing with him say town. of course its still day one so ...

Not true. He was just scum with me. When he’s not posting it’s because he’s RL busy, it’s not an alignment tell.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

L4 vote wants to slow down at L2? 

Right?

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Please feel free to call me names, your rudimentary understanding of the high level instincts I have is making you lash out. Its ok Smash. 

So apey. Love.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, GATA said:

K so guys here's my thought let's not go lynching a perhaps PR tonight we can vet his claim tomorrow.

Drums (9) -- @Nynaeve, @Losmeister @kdels62, @Arsis, @JiF @Lizard King, @JustEndTheSuffering @Smashmouth @freestater

🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

GATA he didn't reveal anything ...plus you are  saying we can vet him tomorrow ? How do you expect to do that when you don't even know his role ? That makes no sense. if he does not want to reveal Im fine with that but you are making claims here that can't actually happen

💩

6 hours ago, Drums said:

You guys were really a pain in the ass this game and I don’t really think I’ve played that scummy, I just think you guys are used to a different style. You aren’t ready for this jelly

unvote vote drums

go for it scum

🤮

6 hours ago, GATA said:

a$$holes we have cop revealed .

FFS

🙄

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Just play your game you will have protection/

Unvote Drums

🤥

4 hours ago, Arsis said:

I would be okay with a power role not putting himself out there front and center day 1. Makes no sense as the cop to be so front and center like that.

🏋🏼‍♂️

Ugh. Pitiful read thru. Bad play all around. Drums is my top read as scum, regardless of his reveal. The combination of seeding accusations, fumbling his reveal, and then the over-zealous big by Gata. Gross.

What feels right in the moment?

Vote Gata 

• Haha 1

I think Lizzie can be everything to Arsis that he hoped I would be. They’re categorically a great fit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Arsis said:

I reported it. Let's see what the admins think about you calling a female user a bitch. 🤔🤔🤔

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I think Lizzie can be everything to Arsis that he hoped I would be. They’re categorically a great fit.

high five will smith GIF

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

You hide behind this lovable fatman shtick every game.  Please provide your top 3 town/scum lists.  

He already said.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Always with this dumb gripe ...everyone plays bad until monkey comes to save the day.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

quite the insufferable prick....

1 hour ago, Lizard King said:

Smash is an OG 

🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐

👆

You know you’re doing something right when you can trigger the entire island of misfit toys just by showing up.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This is the other post that stuck out at me.   I'm not highly prioritizing it because free is new to the game but one of my favorite scum tells is tying players together with zero information.   So while pingy, I'm also aware he might not know but I also dont think it should be just shrugged off. 

Agree with you here, but I did it all the time as a new town player. I took it with a grain of salt.

Right now my leans are Jif, Nyn and Arsis as town. Smash, gata and drums as scummy. 

Anyone notice how drums was feigning all the “get people talking” rhetoric, drops a fumbled reveal and then goes silent?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

As am I.  The newbies have hit like 2-3 strong tells for me that typically nail vets around here but only to come back wrong, so I'm giving him a pass but in my catch up, it was one of the more damning posts so it needed to be called out, IMO.  

Yup. It’s like playing on that champs game or DM. Except in those cases, it’s veteran players playing like newbs. Gets me all the time.

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I have.

He could be trying to draw out a CC so it's not a total loss. The lag in his reveal still bothers me a lot. Or he might not be lying about his role. ie If there are multiple threats out there this might be a tool to hunt down other threats. Depends how elaborate this setup is.

I don't trust him. 

I don’t trust him either. Frankly, I’m all up n my feels this game. It’s better if I don’t feel things, I need to defer to logic... but to jifs point: newbs. It messes up logic.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Ape why do you think Smash is scum? is he hitting some tells?

Bitching about not getting ‘info’ about jville. L4 vote, then telling L2 slow down. Felt like stage setting for a reveal... which could be teammate, or sone fishing for info (re: Barry’s note about people looking for people).

Smash feels a little less indignant and a tad more like he’s trying to choreograph.

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I love Crusher but being the lovable I never get lynched mafia player has made him complacent. 

He plays for the lolz. Been this way for 10+ years. 

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

was thinking the same thing...   but , again, game 2.....  i thought i'd get PAFO'd again....

Are you actually in the game, or just here to say dumb sh*t?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fill a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water. Put something in the water that floats (foam or something) with some birdseed on it. Put ramps up on either side with bird seed on them. Chipmunks will go in but won't be able to get out.

You can do this without the water, then release them to the woods too. 

Personally, I just let them coexist with my garden. No matter what I do to keep rabbits, voles, chips out - they find a way into my strawberries, and other garden boxes. For now, it’s fine. My kids love the critters more than the lettuce. Eventually I’ll build a better cage around them and we all win.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you actually in the game, or just here to say dumb sh*t?

1 hour ago, GATA said:

BTW don't worry about the Ape ... he likes to throw feces around 

So, rather than giving Losmeister a chance to reply, or giving me further chance to press him, you’re just telling him to disregard me?

Only logic I can come up with is that you know I’m town harassing town. Otherwise, why interject?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I want them to die!  Catch no release.

To each their own. Not judging.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You are a very compassionate ape.

Very much so. Especially with animals.  I’m good at staying in character, but I’m not nearly the ape I pretend to be here.

I’m more of a Dalape Lama

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

This is his 2nd game.

Idk if town or scum but I said what I said because of your approach that's all.

Now do you know if he's town?

No, you idiot, that’s why I was pressing him. He could have played 2 games or 200, it doesn’t change that you telling him not to react to me is anti-town behaviors me and from a subconscious standpoint reveals you may know he is town.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Unvote

vote smash

Jif made some good points and that whole interaction is the most action this game has seen so there’s good info to be had.

Voting a person for some else’s reasons = avoiding accountability.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m more of a Dalape Lama

🙏

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, you idiot

🦍

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

the so called misfit toys contribute to wins.... what do you contribute too ?

Losmeister, Lizzie and you don’t contribute to wins. Or anything else, really. 

unfortunately no hes not dead Vote GATA 

LOL

Appears APE knows you meta better than I do based on what you did last game never mind 12 years

So, by pointing out a case where you’re meta is incorrect you’re going to be all insecure and triggered? Or are you scum with ctm playing off each other, and saying thus as something to come back to later?

are you serious with this crap ?

I voted him at L-4 to put pressure when He got to L-2 no one had posted a vote count yet so I was worried he would get Hammered if people popped in at the end of the thread not realizing. Guess it would have looked better if I said nothing I'll keep that in mind next time.

Bold reads like you’re scum taking notes for next time you’re scum.

3 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'll pass on the Smash versus GATA trains.  Still WTL Crusher but for now...

Unvote, vote Kdels

Like this vote.

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Read the board.  Stop trying to crowd source every time you want to change your vote.

Love this read. JETS would be an okay lynch in my book.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I like the way Smash is defending right now

Unvote

He’s an easy read if you lean hard. He’s too emotional to mask intent.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I think the reasoning JiF had was really solid. I’ve also only played with Smash once before and he lost his sh*t when he was accused of being scum (while being scum). He was a little more level headed this time so I took my vote off.

Also generally I think Day 1 is about lucky shots and gaining info. Unless someone claims PR I don’t really care who gets lynched, the voting and reasoning can be looked at the next day. 

Smash’s default setting as defending scum is irate anger. He think I’d he yells enough, it will drown out your case. Problem is, Its so unhinges that he reveals he’s scum because he can’t mask what his subconscious knows.

52 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

This sequence is bullsh*t. JC knows better than to distract votes 18 hours from deadline. Free unvoted and SMC has not checked in 

^ considering the first on the train it’s a great question and jets got swatted down for asking 

still team lynch gata but JC is always scummy in plain sight and is fos 

18 hours? 

Dude, this is super pingy.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You want @Jetscode1 to provide his case yet this is what you provided when you voted me. This is nonsense !

Simply because I voted Drums at L-4 which was obvious to experienced players what I was doing. When Drums got to L-2 I was worried he would get ninja lynched so I pointed out he was at L-2 somehow makes me look scummy ? Its obvious the people pointing this out and claim that it makes me scum are pretty new at this game because it makes absolutely no sense at all and there is no logic to it either. Absolutely none. If you want to make a case you have to do better than this and you have to do it on your own not on the coat tales of another player. This is lazy play and will get you no where in this game.

Here. This is a very town smash post. As scum, he absolutely wouldn’t pick up on this contradiction by jets. He’s more narcissistic as scum. Typically. I could be wrong, but doubt it at the moment.

Unvote vote Losmeister 

id still like to see him react

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company