Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

Sleep with women, achieve money!

• Haha 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

giphy.gif

Who Knows Zack Kantor GIF by Originals

10 hours ago, Drums said:

Nothing but I feel like this is where @JiF would talk about what he golfed this morning

Played one of the harder courses in town Sunday. They used to play the Web.com Championship there.  Just a brutal course if you miss the fairway, water and sand everywhere, houses along the cart path (which are sand/cocquina and you have to play it as it lies), lightening fast greens, so hard to hold em even on good shots.  Really have to be able to shape and place. Found sand on 5 of the first 7 holes but was hitting the ball well, just couldnt get the ball on my line.  46 on the front.  Got it going on the back, shot a 40 but honestly, breaking 90 there is an accomplishment at my level so I was actually pretty happy with it considering the front 9. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Drums said:

@Arsis please explain why scum would come out before page 5 and start going after people? Wouldn't scum want to sit back and let the joke phase go on for a while? I think scum wants to sit back and hide in a big game like this. I don't want that to happen so if you don't like me asking questions and going for reactions, kiss my ass.

ewwwww everyone plays the game differently.  We have known coward scum and we have super aggressive scum.  Gross post.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Drums said:

@Arsis please explain why scum would come out before page 5 and start going after people? Wouldn't scum want to sit back and let the joke phase go on for a while? I think scum wants to sit back and hide in a big game like this. I don't want that to happen so if you don't like me asking questions and going for reactions, kiss my ass.

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Checking in. Will read up tomorrow. Haven’t had a chance to dive in yet, sorry.

The timing of this post directly after Drums above is probably just sweet irony but sweet nonetheless. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Arsis said:

Why would they? Why wouldn't they? Your answer is WIFOM. I wouldn't do that as scum because scum shouldn't do that. Or maybe you do it as scum because scum wouldn't do that and it makes you look good? Like I said WIFOM bs.

Your play looks forced. You're even mad that I'm responding to you when you said that was your goal. It looks to me like you were trying to nudge things early day 1 in the middle of the jville jokes.

Good response.  I like you, a lot, like a lot lot. 

Vote Drums

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m surprised Cocky B let you in his game, after you torpedoed  the championship 

Is this the first time I'm seeing Cocky B?  That sh*t is official. 

8 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I know but keep it quiet before @JiF gets jealous and tries to get me lynched

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

@JiF and I pride ourselves on our side pieces.,

Slut around all you want just know who's your daddy - Crushlove.

I've got it tattooed on my ass. 

• Haha 3

When you get half way through your morning catch up and the coffee kicks in making you fully activated;

hold on wait GIF by Amanda Cee Media

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So you buffoons ran up Jvill and got no info for it ? Good job

faux outrage

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Really? Pretty sure calling him that that awhile. 

It's cute.  Him and Cardi B should go on tour. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That's Mock outrage  

I'm showing off my vocabulary, G.

46 minutes ago, Drums said:

Bitch please

36 minutes ago, Drums said:

In a huge game like this, you can bet your ass scum is going to hide so don't give me that

Shut your whore mouth.  Plenty of players in this game play out front as town or scum.  My participation level never changes.  Some people hide, others dont.  This is stupid and wrong and a distraction.  I want to smack your face.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Voting him for what? You just dropped a vote with no reason that I could see, unless I missed it. And then tried to nudge the narrative out of someone else. 

Why not openly say what bothers you about him and then see if others feel you're on to something?

Did you even ask ballin for his rationale about his vote switch? As it seems that's what piqued your interest.

Your approach feels weird. 

Never mind, Nyn did it for me. 

slap slapping GIF

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Before the pandemic I was closing in on a 405lb bench. I got 375 up with a clean pause. Hit 315 for a solid 8. My squat was flirting with starting with the number 5 as well.

Right now I'm fat and weak but in January I was golden.

the outsiders GIF

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I didn't think Smash was capable of faking outrage.  

True.

Subtle defense noted.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Not sure yet. There is much reference to things that I simply was not here for. That makes the process difficult. One idea I am leaning towards though,is this: Drums may very well be scum, but if he's not then I think its highly likely that nyn is.

Arsis sounds like a cop, but that's more just a gut thing. 

Anyways....its a process.

3481691.jpg

There is so much amazing in this post I dont even know where to begin...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hard defense, more like.  I've missed Smash.

He's in my scum pile on that post alone. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

not vouching for CTM at all just know his style and when his is not posting most of the time he is disinterested town. He could be busy for all I know but my years of playing with him say town. of course its still day one so ...

not going to vouch for CTM but yo, peep me vouch for CTM.

36 minutes ago, GATA said:

How am I the only one that doesn't want o fish for the PR this sh*t boggles my mind.

The fact you're taking "hey jeez guys, dont lynch me, I've got a really cool role" at face value boggles my mind.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Drums said:

You are definitely being overly aggressive but I will reveal. I am the cop. I get my results in FBI and not FBI. I asked Barry if FBI is town, he said FBI is scum. 

I don’t think I will be the person anyone is looking for so if I die it is okay. 

Unvote

31 minutes ago, Drums said:

You guys were really a pain in the ass this game and I don’t really think I’ve played that scummy, I just think you guys are used to a different style. You aren’t ready for this jelly

unvote vote drums

go for it scum

huh? 

lol

27 minutes ago, GATA said:

Honestly, how were we the only ones seeing it

His reveal doesnt justify you and 80's moronic logic.  Like, not at all.  lol

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Here's my thing with not watching Ozark. Is FBI the only scum? Canonically in the series, is there a reason to believe that there is FBI, town and another group that wouldn't come up as FBI but still be against town? 

Yes and in the OP Cocky B. basically said there were multiple threats to Marty and his family.  Not going to game the mod and ruin it for those who havent see the show but there are a lot of moving pieces in the show and the FBI is one of multiple threats. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He claimed Cop.

18 minutes ago, GATA said:

Right, with the superb scum hunting you've done this season you are one to talk

dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

I would go over my reasoning or even try to get you to understand his. Even Drums got it.

But seeing as I know the viscous circle of nothingness I get when I do that with you. 

I will digress.

There is nothing you could say or do to justify how completely illogical the two of you were in that situation.  So yes, dont waste your time. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i dunno..   in this story, Ozark, Marty is the anti-hero type. He IS doing illegal sh*t...  albeit going about it very mousily , secretingy away his acorns, but then his buddy was skimminbg the cream and it all went to sh*t. 

So....the Byrde family...   our protagonists are tryna survive the CARTEL AND the FBI...   so scum = cartel and FBI, right?

The Byrdes and the folks from Ozarks, Ruth Wyatt, the gal who owns the restauraunt, the real estate guy, et cet are town?

Again, dont want to game the mod but the OP made note of multiple threats to Marty and the family who else is on the family could change from season to season but I assume it Ruth and some of the non-threatening characters, maybe the dude that lives with them etc.  Probably looking for FBI, Snells, etc. 

Doesnt really matter, just find the bad guys.  

15 minutes ago, GATA said:

We can vet the following day ask him what he did

Make scum work for the truth if he is a good PR 

Only scum cares about the role Day 1 IMO

Drums played almost the same in the WMCJ game DPR called him out on it 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

snow white coffee GIF

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, GATA said:

Night of Actions (he would have to claim an action)

Day 2 Liars get speed lynched and we move on 

D1 having a PR & not revealing to help scum IMO is better especially a Cop role.

Maybe a doc like smash said can survive but the PR would have to constantly protect himself unless there's an RB on the scum team or a strongman kill.

For ex Last game Nyn protected but scum RB'd & NK'd her.

Many scenarios can occur but the less direct role info scum knows the better at least day 1

Our cop d1 can literally be burned 

dumb and dumber GIF

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Just got home from the golf course. I won’t regale you all with stories of my heroics, because I am not the Batman, but also because I stink. Saw Drums claimed, will fully catch up tonight.

Did you break 100?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I’m town, I like being naked. 

Love You Reaction GIF by Bounce

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its day one calm down . 

So many reasons why people vote in these games its not always just to find scum sometimes its to find town a rule people out by their reaction .

If I vote you here am I claiming you are scum on day 1 which would be ridiculous or am I checking for reaction ? Lets see.

This ^ 

Unvote Jvill 

Vote Drums

Did a quick reread this morning.  3 things jumped out at me.  I'll start with this one beause it stuck out to me from Smash after reading the newest pages of posts this morning.   Smash, gets very upset when people vote him without a perfect rationale, yet here he is telling you that not all votes are to find scum.   He certainly doesnt react like that when he gets votes.  I'd also like to point out that this was a unabashed bandwagon jump move after complaining that we didnt get a reveal from Jville.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 3

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company