Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yeah this is getting bizzare. not sure why lizzie is so defensive about this. it's the stupid ape's fault anyway

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

You said I'm trying to divert and I would like to know from what?  What's your angle here?  You are making a big deal over a comment that I made which I feel rightfully so.  Yet you are trying to spin this comment by telling me that I shouldve contributed the "suggestion pool" when you asked and that I'm trying to divert from something which is weird because I have no idea where you would get that from.  

You said it was dumb to comment on the focus of investigation and all I’m saying is that you don’t get the right then to call it wasted. CTM called it wasted and I told him he coild havr helped and he told me why he didn’t and he kept moving on. You continue to dig this hole on why you didn’t comment and but this time you’re saying you didn’t even see it. Why didn’t you just say that five hours ago? What are you trying to do here. You’re crafting a narrative to divert somethinf.

Just now, Lizard King said:

You said it was dumb to comment on the focus of investigation and all I’m saying is that you don’t get the right then to call it wasted. CTM called it wasted and I told him he coild havr helped and he told me why he didn’t and he kept moving on. You continue to dig this hole on why you didn’t comment and but this time you’re saying you didn’t even see it. Why didn’t you just say that five hours ago? What are you trying to do here. You’re crafting a narrative to divert somethinf.

Because why was it necessary 5 hours ago vs now.  I can't say an investigation is wasted or stupid?  If the narrative that I'm crafting is that it was a stupid ******* investigation then GUILTY!!!  Now you're saying I'm crafting a narrative to divert something and I would like to know what you mean by that or what that is.  Forget it the investigation tell me about that.  

Because why was it necessary 5 hours ago vs now.  I can't say an investigation is wasted or stupid?  If the narrative that I'm crafting is that it was a stupid ******* investigation then GUILTY!!!  Now you're saying I'm crafting a narrative to divert something and I would like to know what you mean by that or what that is.  Forget it the investigation tell me about that.  

Holy cow. You’re on record calling it stupid believe that. I told you that you missed your chance and you went from saying it wasn’t necessary to saying you weren’t there to comment. Simple question brosef.. which one is it?

Holy cow. You’re on record calling it stupid. I told you that you missed your chance and you went from saying it wasn’t necessary to saying you weren’t there to comment. Simple question brosef.. which one is it?

It wasn't necessary so it was stupid.   

Okay, with @Integrity28 pointing out what looks like distancing between Kdels and JC, I decided to take a look at Jvill's interactions with JC and Smash, two known Scum of opposite alignments, and what I found is that JC came in immediately voting Jvill, and made multiple allusions to him being Scum. Jvill's interactions back to him (which I pointed out earlier) were superficial, at best.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:13 PM, Jetscode1 said:

GATA is right.  Have to vote to vote Jvill here.  

^^JC's first post of the game.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:46 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Shhh...this will be over soon.  Relax.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, jvill 51 said:

image.jpeg.565fcb6b0ec49ce441e81b4553a14ee5.jpeg

^^Interaction #1

On 6/23/2020 at 10:21 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Looks like the Jvill train stalled.  I'm disappointed.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was scum.  Unvote

I need to re-read at a certain point but still on my first coffee.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:32 AM, jvill 51 said:

I’m not. Who else has piqued your interest?

^^Interaction #2

On 6/25/2020 at 11:54 AM, Jetscode1 said:

WTF is this?  Crush claimed VT.  SMC has zero chance to reveal.  How is he more likely to be scum?

On 6/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, jvill 51 said:

See above. His character is uncountered and I’d say very likely to be in the game.

^^Interaction #3

And, that's it. Jvill doesn't try to counter-case JC, or question him, or anything.

Now, Jvill's interactions with Smash are a lot different. Jvill openly questions Smash from the get-go, mentions him multiple times with other players, and ended up being one of the more vocal players to case Smash. I didn't quote everything, but there is a significant difference between Jvill vs JC and Jvill vs Smash, so you get the idea.

The last potential thing I saw pertains to the final quote where Jvill votes Smash. Now, I know it's kinda game-y to analyze player "reactions" to posts, but Smash downvoted that vote on him by Jvill. I looked back and he didn't downvote a single other post around the time of his lynch. Maybe it's nothing, but it piqued my interest. I know Smash doesn't like bussing.

Jvill has been quiet as of late, and I know it's because of RL stuff he's dealing with, and I sincerely hop everything is all right, but I think this is a good place for some pressure

vote Jvill

On 6/22/2020 at 5:45 PM, jvill 51 said:

Vote @Smashmouth

where you at?

On 6/22/2020 at 10:24 PM, Smashmouth said:

Vote Jvill

That help ?

On 6/22/2020 at 10:35 PM, jvill 51 said:

Not really, no

^^Jvill's first vote of the game, and subsequent interaction with Smash.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:02 AM, Smashmouth said:

So you buffoons ran up Jvill and got no info for it ? Good job

On 6/23/2020 at 12:38 AM, jvill 51 said:

Pretty sure I’m still the leading train. And what info were you looking for?

^^Interaction #2, I believe

On 6/23/2020 at 12:15 AM, jvill 51 said:

I don’t mind how Lizzie came in. Nyn was giving off town vibes earlier. Smash throwing a vote on me without even a joke explanation was a meh entrance and I don’t mind keeping my vote there for now. GATA peeling off my train felt like she was just waiting for the opportunity to do so, but I’ve softened on that over the last couple of pages. I agree with her read on you, though I am wary of you trying to position yourself as ultra townie. The early reluctance to vote me, which we talked about earlier, felt a bit out of place.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, jvill 51 said:

Solid post. Explains well why I feel something is a bit off about Drums even though his play is ostensibly similar to his last few games. The early defense of me seemed out of place and looking to position himself within expectations.

I don’t have as much of a problem with the pushing people for reads/framing stuff. I’ve seen him do it as town multiple times now. NAI for me.

More of a concern is the defense against Arsis. The first post defending was fine, the second post was as you said extremely WIFOM-y about how scum would try to play, and reads as unnecessary/overly defensive. Also, as I explained, I don’t think the point/defense he was trying to make really means much with respect to his style of play specifically.

I could move here, but I’d like to identify another competing train first. If it’s me that’s fine but I’d like it to be at least gameplay related as we’re starting to get into the weeds here. What’s your read on Smash? Dropping in late to place a vote on the leading train with no explanation, bemoaning that others didn’t get unspecified info from running me up, and then not addressing my question of what he had hoped glean from my train has me thinking he’s a solid second option here.

On 6/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, jvill 51 said:

I think Ruth would be town.

dont wanna read too much into the death scenes but I agree that it seems clear two people tried (and succeeded) to kill SMC last night. Would be weird for scum to shoot him, less weird to for Smash to do it if he is the vig but the way he went about it is what’s sticking out to me. Claims he only has one shot, takes it, and then announces that he did it to the rest of the game. No chance for debate about how best to use his only shot or if he should holster.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:36 PM, jvill 51 said:

I’m skeptical of Smash. In a game where characters have been searching for other characters, it makes a ton of sense where someone would be searching for Marty. Him Announcing that he’d already submitted the NK on SMC seems like an attempt to vet himself as the vig, when the best way to vet him would have been discussion about his shot before he submitted it.

LK, Arsis, and kdels have created a ton of WIFOM that, if they are legit, has put town in a real tough spot. Arsis and kdels are essentially not night killable if their claims are to be believed, meaning we’ll have to continue wondering why they’re still alive. Scum has the opportunity to pull that with LK as well if he’s telling the truth (I believe his claim the most of the 3 FWIW).

On 6/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, jvill 51 said:

Vote Smash

Reveal does not sit well with me at all for reasons already explained. Neither does the deflections on my stated issues with it. And neither does him automatically tinfoiling that 80 and LK were pulling a gambit right after LK claimed cop with an ability to catch other factions besides FBI and pushing to lynch LK next day if 80 flipped scum.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BallinPB said:

It wasn't necessary so it was stupid.   

I’m just wondering why you decided to wait five hours to add the minor detail of your not being present when I asked for help. 

surely you can see how it may seem misleading to some that you decided to add that small detail five hours later. 

I’m just wondering why you decided to wait five hours to add the minor detail of your not being present when I asked for help. 

surely you can see how it may seem misleading to some that you decided to add that small detail five hours later. 

This is the last thing I will say in response because this is going nowhere. 

No.  Leaving out that detail when the answer to your question was my original answer is not misleading.

23 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This is the last thing I will say in response because this is going nowhere. 

No.  Leaving out that detail when the answer to your question was my original answer is not misleading.

Doesn’t have to go anywhere with you to have a point. What you’re doing is called backtracking. 

- “it was stupid for you to ask”

enter the backtracking:

- “it was stupid for you to ask AND I wasn’t around”

1 hour ago, GATA said:

I think I have 1 yr 1/2 of mafia or 2 Idk @Stark would know we started at the same time. 

But me & Jets are in QT together I think that's a little hard to miss don't you think?

LK viewed me idk if that helps 

This is the 3rd mafia “ season “ I believe 

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t have to go anywhere with you to have a point. What you’re doing is called backtracking. 

enter the backtracking:

- “it was stupid for you to ask AND I wasn’t around”

That's fine.  I didn't say I wasnt around though....

That's fine.  I didn't say I wasnt around though....

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I just tried to end the conversation but you are keeping it going. First of all I didn't notice the suggestion pool you are referring to.  Did I comment on it or did I acknowledge it?  

Who's pushing what?  I simply made a comment and now you are saying I'm trying to divert?  You are trying to push a narrative now all because I said I didn't like the investigation.  

Aside from this little back and forth you guys are having top 3 for scum 

Go: 

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Just now, BallinPB said:

so where does that say I wasn't around?  I said I didn't notice it.   Nor did I say that it was stupid of you to ask.  I said it was a stupid decision.  

Lk you see what you're trying to here.  You are putting words in my mouth.  You just tried to say that I said "I wasn't around" but I never said that and tried to say that I said "it was stupid for you to ask" when I never said that.  These small little details are misleading on your part buddy.  

Which is why I said seriously after I said it because it was a joke due to the back and forth we were just having.  

Seriously ArsisStation has 0 reading comprehension, the twit.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

Aside from this little back and forth you guys are having top 3 for scum 

Go: 

Before I read back though, before the day started I was thinking Ape and Dice.  Dice's play has been sporadic and I didn't like his stance in regards to when we were talking about the masons (you & JETS) the other night.  

Ape being cleared by Drums today not-FBI caused me to pump the brakes a little on him even though it doesn't clear him from possibly being a Langmore.  But from D1 when he was asking you and JETS to reveal your roles made me suspicious. 

But as I said I want to read what happened today again because I was not fully engaged in what happened between CTM and Los.  I do feel as CTM cruising along the first couple of days but recently has had some good input that makes me feel he is town.  Los I can't get a firm grasp on even though gut tells me town noob but this is only my second game playing with him.  

26 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

LK LK LK.  

Seriously I have an idea but I want to read this past days events before anything.  

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You haven’t even been voting for him

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Day 4 Vote Count

dice (3) -- gata, hess, jif

Jif (1) -- Ape

jvill (1) -- spoot

Ballin (1) -- Lizzy

With 14 players left, it takes 8 to lynch. No deadline yet.

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

gata-bot gata-bot oh gata gata bot, gata bot bah dum dum

Ow, boop beep, no robo (OMGUS baby)

I say he so dumb make her wanna vote the fapper

On Wednesday she'll vote the napper

Sh, sh, she case me like a gatabot

She, she case me like a gatabot, gatabot

Sh, sh, she case me like a gatabot, gatabot

She, she case me 'ike a gatabot

Okay, that's all I'm doing. It's so hard to write parody lyrics for a song so mindlessly ******* stupid.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ow, boop beep, no robo (OMGUS baby)

I say he so dumb make her wanna vote the fapper

On Wednesday she'll vote the napper

Sh, sh, she case me like a gatabot

She, she case me like a gatabot, gatabot

Sh, sh, she case me like a gatabot, gatabot

She, she case me 'ike a gatabot

Okay, that's all I'm doing. It's so hard to write parody lyrics for a song so mindlessly ******* stupid.

GIF , Clap, applause, good job, nice one, clapping, Despicable Me ...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1