Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

Just now, Arsis said:

Nyn, GATA and jif.

No comment about Korn? ******* Korn?

Anyone in your scum pile besides me?

1 minute ago, Drums said:

No offense jvill but I am against day 1 joke lynches and you may be dead if it wasn't for me. I really don't know why I'd not want to slow down the day if I were scum. Not to mention you are a good town player so it'd be good to get rid of you. I don't understand why that's scummy haha

None taken. Maybe I didn’t articulate it well enough but whiteknighting I think is a good phrase for it. I wouldn’t put it past scum to try to slow down my lynch to put themselves in a better light. You could have just voted elsewhere, but it seemed like you making a serious point to make your opposition known. It stood out in what was a joke phase, especially in light of the previous game. Though admittedly I didn’t take the threat of getting lynched that seriously during the joke stage whereas you might have viewed it as more serious given what happened to Barry last game, which may be coloring my perception.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

None taken. Maybe I didn’t articulate it well enough but whiteknighting I think is a good phrase for it. I wouldn’t put it past scum to try to slow down my lynch to put themselves in a better light. You could have just voted elsewhere, but it seemed like you making a serious point to make your opposition known. It stood out in what was a joke phase, especially in light of the previous game. Though admittedly I didn’t take the threat of getting lynched that seriously during the joke stage whereas you might have viewed it as more serious given what happened to Barry last game, which may be coloring my perception.

I have nothing to disagree with here but I'm tired of defending "defending wasting a lynch" when it was good intentions

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

Anyone in your scum pile besides me?

Yes, I'm looking at 2-3 people rn that I have scum leans on.

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a random chance of mod-killing @Arsis as revenge for hammering me for fun D1 last game.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a random chance of mod-killing @Arsis at a regular interval as revenge for hammering me for fun last game.

No balls.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

I have nothing to disagree with here but I'm tired of defending "defending wasting a lynch" when it was good intentions

Fair. It was a ping, i don’t think that alone warrants a vote or an elaborate back and forth.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a random chance of mod-killing @Arsis as revenge for hammering me for fun D1 last game.

I mean, you were self-voting at the time. Well known how much Arsis despises self-voting. Kind of only have yourself to blame there.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Korn? Come on. If I'm sticking a poster in my ass it's going to be a Death poster at the very least.

You really give off the vibe of a kid named Chaz who rocked Korn and his mom’s best bowl cut in grammar school with the skater chain who has like five cats now and takes pictures of puddles. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Lizard King said:

You really give off the vibe of a kid named Chaz who rocked Korn and his mom’s best bowl cut in grammar school with the skater chain who has like five cats now and takes pictures of puddles. 

Basement? I wish I was homeless at that age.

47 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

What about you?  Can you make a case against Crusher?  He looks scummy every time he posts.

Have I been lynched?

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

@Jetsfan80 @Losmeister @Integrity28 (Catch up yet?)

@SMC @freestater @CTM @kdels62 @JustEndTheSuffering

What do you guys think?

No one is clearly scum. Drums is a little less a positive presence than is WMCJ and I have no idea why he felt my admission to not watching Ozark was an issue. It was more accusation than observation. Objecting to a joke vote so vehemently seems like trying too hard. So I'm perfectly fine being on this train.  However, I'm glad the train isn't growing too fast because this will come through really well for the next few day parts. 

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

What do you guys think?

I’m going to vote drums. His questions feel forced and unlike the WMCJ game he’s not pushing people as hard. I think he’s trying to appear town again by doing the same thing without actually looking for answers. 

29 minutes ago, GATA said:

JETS isn't an active poster I've seen him do this as town so I have him on my town lean currently same with Jvill & Nyn 

everyone else is up in the air even yourself 

I think the Smashie Pooh just placing his vote on JV probably I liked the least thus far. 

Yea I’ve probably played around 6 or 7 mafia games and have never been scum. This is how I play. 

@jvill 51 smush hasnt posted enough for me to form an opinion. Mostly bravado posts that are neither here nor there.

1 minute ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m going to vote drums. His questions feel forced and unlike the WMCJ game he’s not pushing people as hard. I think he’s trying to appear town again by doing the same thing without actually looking for answers. 

So I am forcing things but also not pushing hard enough for you

16 minutes ago, GATA said:

What do you guys think?

Not sure yet. There is much reference to things that I simply was not here for. That makes the process difficult. One idea I am leaning towards though,is this: Drums may very well be scum, but if he's not then I think its highly likely that nyn is.

Arsis sounds like a cop, but that's more just a gut thing. 

Anyways....its a process.

3481691.jpg

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Nyn, GATA and jif.

No comment about Korn? ******* Korn?

What about gata and jif seems townie to you?

• Upvote 1

Just now, freestater said:

Not sure yet. There is much reference to things that I simply was not here for. That makes the process difficult. One idea I am leaning towards though,is this: Drums may very well be scum, but if he's not then I think its highly likely that nyn is.

3481691.jpg

Lol

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m saying you’re play is different. 

Probably that I came in 10 pages in, had a mason brother, and something to go on from Barry catching JC day 1 that helped me drive questions, but go back and look and you'll see I asked the same types of questions just not as early (because I wasn't in that game early). I have nothing like that to go on yet but I'm trying, hence the "forcedness" that everyone is referencing

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Probably that I came in 10 pages in, had a mason brother, and something to go on from Barry catching JC day 1 that helped me drive questions, but go back and look and you'll see I asked the same types of questions just not as early (because I wasn't in that game early). I have nothing like that to go on yet but I'm trying, hence the "forcedness" that everyone is referencing

We didn’t find out for sure that JC was scum until well after day 1. 

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

We didn’t find out for sure that JC was scum until well after day 1. 

He put on a pretty good show but it was something to work with

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

3481691.jpg

Everytime you say someone is a cop and just the way you lay it out I start giggling and tearing because I'm holding back my laugh at work.

You're my fav 😂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

every one of them is probably disinterested vanilla town.... I know CTM is :)

Why/how do you know?

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

What about you?  Can you make a case against Crusher?  He looks scummy every time he posts.

That’s just the haze of jealousy you view me with. 

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

Everytime you say someone is a cop and just the way you lay it out I start giggling and tearing because I'm holding back my laugh at work.

You're my fav 😂

It's a gift. Kept me out of many a sticky widget. 

11 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

image.gif.58db2b3285850f8b54dc2a39ec8b333a.gif

11 hours ago, Arsis said:

False. Black bears.

11 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Well that’s debatable

There are generally 2 schools of thought....

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

What about gata and jif seems townie to you?

Tingles in my no no area.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

faux outrage

I didn't think Smash was capable of faking outrage.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are generally 2 schools of thought....

Fact: Bears eat beets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

every one of them is probably disinterested vanilla town.... I know CTM is :)

👀 Are you claiming a mason?

31 minutes ago, freestater said:

3481691.jpg

And if I am the cop? What's the point of pointing out out day 1? Why are you town powerrole hunting? Whose job is that? Town or scum?