Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

giphy.gif

This gif gives me anxiety.  I have this huge Magnolia tree in my backyard that for some reason decided to have it's most temperamental year since I've lived in this house.  It literally would sh*t hundreds of leaves into my backyard and new pool every single day since we had the pool installed.  Driving me ******* crazy.  Almost paid 30k for a screened enclosure. 

As I was walking the dogs the other morning, I was talking to my neighbor who rakes every single morning because she has one of these Magnolia's in her front yard and she informed me that these were a specific type of Magnolia's that have completely unpredictable blooming seasons and some years they just shed.  This was the year but now its winding down and should be in the clear, so I'm thankful I didnt break down and buy the enclosure or chop down the tree.  lol

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

This gif gives me anxiety.  I have this huge Magnolia tree in my backyard that for some reason decided to have it's most temperamental year since I've lived in this house.  It literally would sh*t hundreds of leaves into my backyard and new pool every single day since we had the pool installed.  Driving me ******* crazy.  Almost paid 30k for a screened enclosure. 

As I was walking the dogs the other morning, I was talking to my neighbor who rakes every single morning because she has one of these Magnolia's in her front yard and she informed me that these were a specific type of Magnolia's that have completely unpredictable blooming seasons and some years they just shed.  This was the year but now its winding down and should be in the clear, so I'm thankful I didnt break down and buy the enclosure or chop down the tree.  lol

I had an evil sycamore tree that haunted me for about a decade. I had it taken down and put two pretty Japanese Maples in its place. "

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

man, leaves and pools. I swear i never cared about leaves falling until we moved into our house with a pool. can be the most self defeating feeling after you clean the pool for a get together, turn your back and then its like 20 leaves just fell in. 

We had a Little Gem Magnolia on the side of our pool, i know your pain... on top of that we had about 12 Shag bark hickory trees that would just rain leaves some days... 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Any suggestions?  LOL I tried buying one of those repellent sprays but they don't seem to care about that.  

sorry i have no experience with chipmunks.. the gif was more for humor

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Any suggestions?  LOL I tried buying one of those repellent sprays but they don't seem to care about that.  

fill a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water. Put something in the water that floats (foam or something) with some birdseed on it. Put ramps up on either side with bird seed on them. Chipmunks will go in but won't be able to get out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fill a 5 gallon bucket 3/4 full of water. Put something in the water that floats (foam or something) with some birdseed on it. Put ramps up on either side with bird seed on them. Chipmunks will go in but won't be able to get out.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You can do this without the water, then release them to the woods too. 

Personally, I just let them coexist with my garden. No matter what I do to keep rabbits, voles, chips out - they find a way into my strawberries, and other garden boxes. For now, it’s fine. My kids love the critters more than the lettuce. Eventually I’ll build a better cage around them and we all win.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's a really good idea.  I will try it.  

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Personally, I just let them coexist with my garden. No matter what I do to keep rabbits, voles, chips out - they find a way into my strawberries, and other garden boxes. For now, it’s fine. My kids love the critters more than the lettuce. Eventually I’ll build a better cage around them and we all win.

You are a very compassionate ape.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I want them to die!  Catch no release.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you actually in the game, or just here to say dumb sh*t?

1 hour ago, GATA said:

BTW don't worry about the Ape ... he likes to throw feces around 

So, rather than giving Losmeister a chance to reply, or giving me further chance to press him, you’re just telling him to disregard me?

Only logic I can come up with is that you know I’m town harassing town. Otherwise, why interject?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I want them to die!  Catch no release.

To each their own. Not judging.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You are a very compassionate ape.

Very much so. Especially with animals.  I’m good at staying in character, but I’m not nearly the ape I pretend to be here.

I’m more of a Dalape Lama

So, rather than giving Losmeister a chance to reply, or giving me further chance to press him, you’re just telling him to disregard me?

Only logic I can come up with is that you know I’m town harassing town. Otherwise, why interject?

This is his 2nd game.

Idk if town or scum but I said what I said because of your approach that's all.

Now do you know if he's town?

11 minutes ago, GATA said:

This is his 2nd game.

Idk if town or scum but I said what I said because of your approach that's all.

Now do you know if he's town?

No, you idiot, that’s why I was pressing him. He could have played 2 games or 200, it doesn’t change that you telling him not to react to me is anti-town behaviors me and from a subconscious standpoint reveals you may know he is town.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Unvote

vote smash

Jif made some good points and that whole interaction is the most action this game has seen so there’s good info to be had.

Voting a person for some else’s reasons = avoiding accountability.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Drums said:

I like this call out but has 80 pushed for reveals on D1? I think that's the only thing giving me pause on Jvill's point

In certain games, once a few reveals are out on the table, a mass reveal makes sense to box in scum.  This especially makes sense in a game where there are tons of power roles.  Otherwise scum can just try to hide behind a VT claim.

But when no one has revealed and someone is claiming they're a Power Role?  I don't care if everyone in the game calls it bad logic; I don't think it's necessary to get a full reveal in those instances.  Why not at least TRY to WIFOM scum a little?

People love talking about nuance in this game but the moment someone like me suggests maybe its a good idea, all of a sudden its automatically awful logic.  Whatevs.

• Upvote 2

Voting a person for some else’s reasons = avoiding accountability.

Yep, everyone usually puts up explicit cases for every vote on day 1. Spare me the over thought logic. JiF put up a good case with good logic which is enough for now. There’s a deadline looming. If someone finds a good case on someone else and it’s convincing enough I’ll hop over there unless I see something really telling. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Yep, everyone usually puts up explicit cases for every vote on day 1. Spare me the over thought logic. JiF put up a good case with good logic which is enough for now. There’s a deadline looming. If someone finds a good case on someone else and it’s convincing enough I’ll hop over there unless I see something really telling. 

Deadline is 23 hours away.  Not sure I would call that looming.  

2 hours ago, Drums said:

80 and Gata have been aligned for most of the game. They both pushed the jvill lynch, neither went after me (thanks), and both didn't want me to do a full reveal. I don't know if that's scummy but it's an observation.

You agreed with our logic behind not fully revealing, you f**k face flip flopper.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In certain games, once a few reveals are out on the table, a mass reveal makes sense to box in scum.  This especially makes sense in a game where there are tons of power roles.  Otherwise scum can just try to hide behind a VT claim.

But when no one has revealed and someone is claiming they're a Power Role?  I don't care if everyone in the game calls it bad logic; I don't think it's necessary to get a full reveal in those instances.  Why not at least TRY to WIFOM scum a little?

People love talking about nuance in this game but the moment someone like me suggests maybe its a good idea, all of a sudden its automatically awful logic.  Whatevs.

facts

• Upvote 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

Deadline is 23 hours away.  Not sure I would call that looming.  

23 hours. I work tomorrow and I have a date night. Plus I like the case here. We’ll see where it goes but I’m comfortable with my vote right now.