Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

You’re leaving out the part where he claimed Marty.  I’ve explained this 100 times already.  It was pretty obvious he was telling the truth.  If you didn’t think so, cool, not sure how it makes me scummy but ok.  

Yeah, after he was already lynched and -- for all we knew at the time -- dead. Wouldn't be the first time Scum came in post lynch and pre-scene with "fake outrage" about Town killing a Town PR. I really don't see how that made it "obvious" he was telling the truth. I'd argue the opposite. It's a weird and, imo, false position for you to take.

It's easy for Scum to come in and retroactively shame Town for bad decisions, but I'll relent that this lines up with your MO as Town, too. I'll have to go back ISO you, because I'll admit I've only been half following the game until I subbed in.

unvote

14 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

He came in with a vendetta against any white skinned person

Well, with that common ground, I would've thought he'd have gotten along quite well with the Ape.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CTM said:

basically means he was weakened or made ineffecitve

How would we ever tell?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

could also be scum lying in tandem, no? i thats why i said not so much

Would've been an insanely high-risk play on Gata's part, if that's what it is.

No doubt it was an incredibly stupid move if she's telling the truth.

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

Im not smart sorry to tell you guys 

however you’re all brilliant so let’s leave it at that 

I hope you know I'm just razzing you.

Newsflash: beavers aren't very smart either, so you're in fine company.

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/25/2020 at 9:47 AM, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote Arsis

?

What was this throwaway vote for less than three hours away from deadline?

On 6/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, JiF said:

this is where i"m confused, i read this as the man in the cowboy hat made both kills (Snell I assume)

I keep thinking about this, too.

14 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Or Smash also because I’m not sold on him being a vig.  

I think it's pretty clear that there were 3 separate "shots" or NK attempts on Night 1 (Marty getting zapped, Marty's corpse being shot, and then JC getting shot)

We also know there are, besides Town, at least 2 other factions: FBI and the Langmores. From the scene, I think it's safe to say that the Langmores zapped Marty, so that's their kill.

As for the other two shots, I'm not sure what good it does at this point to game the mod right now, but I do have my thoughts on them.

11 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Im part of the Ozzie Team  im a mason

see how easy that was? Do you believe me because I just gave you a team name and said im a mason? If I get someone else to say that too will you believe them? Can you guarantee we are not scum pulling a gambit?

I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDN'T REVEAL JUST YET!!!!

• Haha 2

All of CTM's posts regarding lynching JiF:

On 6/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, CTM said:

Lets kill jif

On 6/26/2020 at 9:45 AM, CTM said:

Anyone want to take credit for JC? 

If you are vig, please do so and dont listen to any of these ladyboys who warn otherwise.

At this point I'm leaning malevolent 3rd party, would prefer to resolve 

Vote jif 

On 6/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, CTM said:

day 1 distancing? anything else?

i feel like his tagablot vote would be ill advised as scum, makes me lean town on him..

prefer we kill jif

13 hours ago, CTM said:

My reads thus far were crusher as town and you as scum, I appear to be 1 for 1 thus far

I also believe arsis is doc 

9 hours ago, CTM said:

Ftr.. I'm not butt hurt lol, I'm debating if I find it suspicious.. finger wagging after a town on town violence is potentialy scummy 

^^First time he presents anything resembling a case.

6 hours ago, CTM said:

I agree with los in jif, that's who I'd like to see lynched 

5 hours ago, CTM said:

I forgot lol, I was voting him yesterday

vote Jif

2 hours ago, CTM said:

I am pretty sure I was voting you all yesterday, no? 

And what have you done exactly?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

IM SORRY!! but they were being thick!!!  

I'll show you something thick!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Sorry spoot but i dont swing that way

I was talking about @Smashmouth's head, what were you thinking?

• Haha 1

JiF looks better to me after reading through his ISO. Saw a lot of good points, and we had some similar observations.

I'll try to focus on another player or two tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, CTM said:

I never said I cased him I said I voted him. Its gut feeling

You and Los with your gut feelings.

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

When it comes to the Langmore/Wyatt/Freestater NK  it looks to me like this may be a serial killer faction and would explain the Killing of JC more than a Mirror shot would IMHO since they came up orange and not red like scum.

Are you saying you think that the Langmores shot JC?

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The point of posting all of CTM's posts ?

Mainly for my own edification. I wanted to see if he had done any work on Jif. And by quoting it helps me remember

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I've been pretty consistant on you since you pinged day 1

Where?

Before you said to me that you were voting JiF based on "gut", now you're saying it was based on a "ping", which is a bit more substantial. Seems like this is something you should've mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, GATA said:

Unvote 

At least I think we’re looking at 3 factions & sk 

fbi (scum)

Langmores 

Snell (maybe sk) 

& Bad cartel 

That's a lot for Town to contend with.

And lol at "Bad cartel".

I'm starting to get Town v Town vibes in JiF v CTM.

18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, after he was already lynched and -- for all we knew at the time -- dead. Wouldn't be the first time Scum came in post lynch and pre-scene with "fake outrage" about Town killing a Town PR. I really don't see how that made it "obvious" he was telling the truth. I'd argue the opposite. It's a weird and, imo, false position for you to take.

It's easy for Scum to come in and retroactively shame Town for bad decisions, but I'll relent that this lines up with your MO as Town, too. I'll have to go back ISO you, because I'll admit I've only been half following the game until I subbed in.

unvote

@Barry McCockinner

I had already unvoted

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I have one scum already btw

Explain this

Just now, HessStation said:

Die first 

I'll come back as a black-eyed child and haunt your ass.

Now, please elaborate on what you're hinting.

Just now, HessStation said:

CTM....there! Happy??

So, you're claiming Cop?

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

EAD and die 

That's on my to-do list, now stop being difficult.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I’m pretty sure God gave me the nudge on CTM, so whaaatwver you say 

FFS

I can't believe I forgot that you're insane.

• Haha 2

Oh, well. Still better than Arsehole.

• Haha 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I'm saying the Langmore's are the Faction that shot JC but when the first Langmore Flipped (Wyatt) it was an orange color which I feel was SK (scum are red town are blue)....

No, the Langmores clearly killed Marty, per the scene. Are you suggesting that they had 2 kills N1?

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

My ping was a gut reaction to a couple of his posts around the crusher train.

Gotcha. I'll have to go back and take a closer look.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Langmores absolutely did not clearly kill Marty . Barry already said that was Flavor in the death scene . I think the Lynches have the info. not NK's

Either way it does not say anywhere the Langmores killed Marty is says they were pissed about giving him his money back which I think Ruth was the one who pushed that based on it being money tied to the cartel and Marty said that would get them dead quick if they didn't return it.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He got electrocuted then Shot by me I am saying scum Electrocuted Marty then I shot him then the Langmorse killed JC since JC was scum he could not just shoot himslef and the Mirror didnt claim anything nor did another possible Vig so it had to be the Langmores as SK who killed JC

On 6/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Later that night the after a few beers in the trailer park the Langmores stewed in regret for giving back the money. “I’m going to get that money back!” Ruth insisted. Russ looked at her with a tint of fear in his eyes - “aren’t you worried about the cartel”? “I don’t give a sh*t about ****!”, Ruth exclaimed. 

About 3 beers later they were at the Byrde family doc in their boat wiring up the dock.

^^It clearly says that the Langmores were at the Byrde family dock "wiring" it up.

And I forget if you've seen the show or not, but I have, and I know the MO lines up.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

so it was the other way around ? ******* sh*t is confusing me

charlie brown GIF

6 minutes ago, Drums said:

I could see that the Langmores killing Marty and Nyn (forgot her character) because it's both death by torture but that's not something I can figure out yet. 

FWIW, knowing the source material like I do, Nyn's death (the little boy) being killed also pinged as the Langmores, to me.

1 minute ago, Drums said:

How many do you think would make up the Langmore team? Possibly three FBI (now 2), three Langmores?

No clue. I'm not even gonna begin to try to tally up the size of each team when we still have no idea what's up with the Cartel (a supposedly 2 Mason team + an unknown shooter) and what alignment the Snell's are (their own faction, or possibly even Town).

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

SMC (Marty) - 1x unkillable, searching for Ruth (TOWN) has been electrocuted to death.

Mod Note: Night Scenes are more specific and are giving some information, but are also partially for flavor and not exact.

On 6/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

JC - FBI Agent Evans - Even Night Tracker (Scum)  - Has been killed

On 6/27/2020 at 10:51 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Nyn (Jonah) - Activated Innocent Child (TOWN) has been eaten by bobcats.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:54 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

Freestater - Wyatt - Searching for Darlene Snell (Langmore Family)  - Has been on the wrong side of a business transaction.

Okay, here's all the NKs. With multiple shooting factions, I'd imagine all the shots to be equally given out, giving a clear pattern of who shoots when. With 2 Scum teams, I'd expect either they both get to shoot every night, or they shoot on alternate nights. So, let's see:

Night 1 -- 3 "shots"

SMC - Langmore Faction Kill

JC - Unknown Faction Kill (FBI Kill mirrored of Kdels??)

SMC 2nd shot - Smash

^^This looks all neat, with the Langmores getting their kill, Smash getting his 1x shot, and possibly the FBI's kill. Night 2 is where I'm scratching my head.

Night 2 -- 2 "shots"

Nyn - Langmore Faction Kill

Free - Unknown Faction Kill (Cartel shooter? SK? Vig?)

^^Where's the FBI shot? Is the scene just inconsistent with who is killing who? Should we not even be analyzing it? Or did FBI's shot get blocked? If so, then either we have a 4th "shooter" in the game after Smash, assuming the first two are Langmore and FBI, or Smash was lying about his 1x, and took a shot both Nights.

Then, of course, there's the possibility that JC's shot wasn't mirrored off of Kdels, and he was shot by some 3rd or 4th party, and that begs the question of where was the FBI's factional shot on Night 1? Were they blocked both Nights?

I may be trying to read too much into it all, but I'd think it would behoove Town to try to figure out exactly how many threats they are facing, and how many hostile shots to expect each Night.

• Upvote 2

If there is a functioning Cartel shooter (Nelson) as Free's death seems to suggest, than I don't see why he wouldn't be aligned or associated with the rest of the Cartel (Gata, JETS).

Unless there's a schism in the Cartel with dualing sub-factions, in which case, jesus christ Barry is going all out. Pac did help him, though, and Pac thinks he's smarter than everyone else, so I could see him doing something like that.

This does make it a lot harder to scum hunt.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Drums said:

@Spoot-Face Smash said he only had one shot so N2 he did not get a kill

I meant that in the case that he lied about only having one shot.

• Upvote 1

Probably gonna ISO jvill at some point today. I think he needs more looking into.

Los is a good place to put pressure and see where people stand, but I don't want to rush into lynching a player who may just be noob Town.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company