Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

When I left I think I asked Ape why Kdels over 80...not sure he answered but my scumdar was pointing toward both of them.

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So he had a role that from what we have seen = scum that you were so adamant was always scum when ya lynched me a few games ago but now all of a sudden its a stupid move to kill the guy with that role who I also felt was lying ? That's a big contradiction JIF  ... I thought SMC was bullsh*tting his role as Marty since he said it after he was lynched

I have no idea what you are talking about.  lol  I was Manhattan, town and couldnt be lynched.   Either way, he claimed Marty and it was obvious as **** he was town.  lol  Bad shot.  It happens. 

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Charlotte is main character. Why would I want to claim her and put an x on my back. I gave information that should be enough for thinking people to clear me. 

I don't even understand the rest of your post. You're spinning and not pointing in the right direction. 

so what?  Ive seen HP games where the golden trio were the scum team along with Dumbledore. Mods arnt going to ALWAYS make main characters town precisely BECAUSE character claims can then break the game.

4 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Also I like JiF less now. Feels detached 

Detached from?  lol

Just now, Dicetosser said:

so what?  Ive seen HP games where the golden trio were the scum team along with Dumbledore. Mods arnt going to ALWAYS make main characters town precisely BECAUSE character claims can then break the game.

FBI has been deemed scum. Marty Byrd died and he was town. My character was his daughter. If the bad guys were the Byrd family then you'd be right. We'd be playing inverse to the show. But the alignments were already set with the Byrd family as town. 

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

For like the 4th time, scum will most likely have fake reveals. Otherwise they don't reveal or reveal FBI and die. There's no way Barry runs the game this way.

How is this not sinking in atp?

WE DON'T CLEAR PEOPLE FOR CHARACTER REVEALS

Yeah but she's like, definitely in the game and like, definitely town and if nobody has countered it...I'm buying it as of now.  I dont even know the role yet, just catching up and see the name. 

A counter for what?

omg I can't take the dumbassery that this game has turned into

I mean, someone technically could, say, no I'm Charlotte.  Like I said, she's 100% in the game and town.

When a mod allows character claims he gives scum false claims otherwise the game would be broken and unfair to scum.

If characters matter and indicate alignment and doesn't give scum fake claims, the mod doesn't allow character claims.

It's as simple as that.

The conclusion is that there's not going to be any kind of counter for a character because those are provided to scum by the mod. Comprende?

This is Barry's first game as a mod.  It's very possible it's that easy.  lol

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

**** it vote kdels

If it's true that mod gives false claims to scum then I understand.  

2 hours ago, Arsis said:

If you were provided a safe claim.

Maybe I'm making a mistake gaming the mod here, but there is no way she's not in the game and thus a safe claim.

If you're town you should have claimed your role and not your character, if being made by others was an actual concern. You very purposefully made a character claim alone.

I wasn't really gonna vote you this phase because I wasn't feeling it by your last string of posts reek. Not moving my vote from you till you give a full claim.

Have fun

All that said, agreed, scummy not to full reveal. 

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

FBI has been deemed scum. Marty Byrd died and he was town. My character was his daughter. If the bad guys were the Byrd family then you'd be right. We'd be playing inverse to the show. But the alignments were already set with the Byrd family as town. 

I dont know this show but what you are saying does make sense, but frankly so does nyns demand for a claim.

assuming you are town right now you are a good target for scum. You have basically painted a target on your back at this point, which means Arsis , who i know you lot wont lynch, and making a big assumption he might actually play doc and not just be stupid ,  has to start guessing about who to protect. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

If i reveal, Im stuck in this game til the end. 

gross

1 minute ago, JiF said:

All that said, agreed, scummy not to full reveal. 

I should’ve revealed VT immediately that was my big mistake. 

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Well, you choose the wrong lie.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  lol  I was Manhattan, town and couldnt be lynched.   Either way, he claimed Marty and it was obvious as **** he was town.  lol  Bad shot.  It happens. 

JIF listen to me. Im not sure what you are talking about but let me clarify what I meant. It had absolutely nothing to do with you being Manhattan at all.

I was 1x un-lynchable the last game I played, you and others insisted that was a scum role and it was part, a big part of you lynching me the second time. People made the argument that Un-lynchable role is a scum role and you agreed with that assessment.

Now that I shot a guy who got lynched and claimed afterward that he was Marty (like so many scum play that bullsh*t game after they are lynched) and his death scene said he escaped the lynch then he said he was 1 x un-lynchable now all of a sudden I made a bad play because I felt SMC was full of it and was not actually Marty? Its very contradictory you claiming I made a bad shot so I ask was un-lynchable only scum with me and not SMC ? or are you just going with hindsight here ? If its hindsight my play was not bad but the result was and I'm fine with that because they are 2 very different things.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

How was it obvious? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Actually no don’t lie you could have just said it’s a PR and said you can’t die just let scum try to guess 

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

How was it obvious? 

That's all these guys do. Play like sh*t and talk about how obvious things were in hindsight.

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Huh I posted the same link why wouldn’t RB null his power? 

because he's a mirror.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arsis said:

That's all these guys do. Play like sh*t and talk about how obvious things were in hindsight.

You are describing ape mafia and unfortunately it's more virulent than covid 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GATA said:

Actually no don’t lie you could have just said it’s a PR and said you can’t die just let scum try to guess 

I lie as town all the time 

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

Huh I posted the same link why wouldn’t RB null his power? 

7 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

because he's a mirror.

I am not confirming or denying the existence of any roles in this game but I will say that I assumed a role blocker took precedence over a mirror prior to reading this exchange.

Also,

i can do what i want parks and recreation GIF

• Haha 2

A mirror, cop, 2 masons and a doc in the game is ridiculously over powered.. 

Either someone is lying, someone is secretly nerfed (like cop is insane)  or this game will follow the 2020 trend of signifiantly unbalanced games

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

because he's a mirror.

A RB being reflected back to the roleblocker would mean the role block never happened which would mean the reflection never happened either.  Mafia version of grandfather paradox

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I am not confirming or denying the existence of any roles in this game but I will say that I assumed a role blocker took precedence over a mirror prior to reading this exchange.

Also,

i can do what i want parks and recreation GIF

Shouldve just answered with the image or pafo you cock

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, CTM said:

Shouldve just answered with the image or pafo you cock

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

Either someone is lying, someone is secretly nerfed (like cop is insane)  or this game will follow the 2020 trend of signifiantly unbalanced games

Pafo

Also,

suck my dick GIF

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve caught 80 pushing bad logic the last couple times I’ve seen him as scum. In his case, it would be stupid to infer his meaning and not make him unpack it to see where it goes.

I also play on my phone, barely pay attention, and acknowledge freely I’m nowhere near as detailed as I used to be with full attention.

That would be believable if you didn’t have 100 posts and, just for sake of example have such thorough approach in the rest of your writing. See a few examples following. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The only outcomes that increases the probability you are town is your death or maybe an investigation. Stop trying to self-vet. Do your thing and let town work together to vet people.

I do have a question. Did you earn your 1x vig? Or start the game with it? We’ve seen several games lately with earned 1x ability.

For instance. You were not being replied to or tagged in the above post yet you had followed closely enough to see this post and respond thoughtfully to it. 

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

@Barry McCockinner what character was SMC? 

Crusher claimed Buddy. Gata claimed FBI mason partner with JETS, right? Jetscode was scum and FBI, right?

There are several contingency groups in the show: Byrd, Langmore, Ruth's split between them, Snell, the local sheriff/police, the cartel and lawyer lady. 

@Drums you said you get FBI or not. What character are you? Did you say? If not, I am cool with reasons. Just trying to aggregate knowledge here.

@Smashmouth same for you, did you reveal character? If not, I assume you have reason. Can you tell us what faction you’re with from the families / groups above? Also didn’t you say you shot at SMC? If true, then scum probably shot JC, no?

Another well written and thoughtful post, from someone claiming to be quasi skimming and generally too busy. 

also, not directly related but notes I want to point out —>

6 hours ago, Drums said:

80 usually sorta leads the town when town but less so when scum. I see him sitting back a little more in this game. Someone care to comment on this?

Kdels is quiet and I feel like someone "created a narrative" about that early in the game. I don't remember who it was though...

Interesting observation 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You weren't around for my "Follow me to victory" era when scum.

Ask @The Crusher if I'm scum.  He'll be able to tell you.

Banter 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unvote

Kdels isn't gonna get off that easy if he's telling the truth. 

Feeling good about kdels after this 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Early interaction with JC and another player.  JC was an early voter on the Jvill joke train (well, a joke for everyone but me).  

I'd really like for this to mean Jvill was scum but it likely means the opposite.  F**k.

Interesting 

3 hours ago, freestater said:

That's actually pretty convincing. 

vote kdels

Interesting 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

you know what anti town is ? EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING

Interesting 

3 hours ago, Arsis said:

If kdels flips scum gotta go after 80 tomorrow.

Nice

30 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes, they are. I know so. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Why is that? 

Knowing what I do, I suspect it was not a vig. I am fairly confident there is third party.