Barry McCockinner

Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

8 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I think lizzy's claim is prolly legit.

this didnt age well, and shocking as well...for someone who is one of the more cerebral players in the game.  I mean, a lot of you didnt walk this out but this just happened to be posted right before his death scene. 

8 hours ago, GATA said:

@jvill 51 still hasn’t checked in 

@Dicetosser any reads? Have you caught up ? 

Super busy last couple of days. Got about 20 pages to catch up on, hopefully be able to post thoughts in a few hours

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It was very obvious.  Hyper lynch run up, claimed Marty, fake outrage.   

Your reads are terrible this game. 

My reads thus far were crusher as town and you as scum, I appear to be 1 for 1 thus far

I also believe arsis is doc 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

this didnt age well, and shocking as well...for someone who is one of the more cerebral players in the game.  I mean, a lot of you didnt walk this out but this just happened to be posted right before his death scene. 

I dont know source material, its possible lizzie's claim is real and his results are what is wrong. Per ape the character would fit that scenario as well 

9 hours ago, GATA said:

We believed this even tho when JC flipped scum it said fbi 

just like drums pointed out 😂🤷🏻‍♀️😭🤣

magnificent 

image.gif.567a1bfb061299e4fd7b07ac65e5da7b.gif

Your hindsight shaming is super helpful. 

I voted for 80, because as I said already, if Lizzie is lying he had to give us a dirty 80 to make us believe the lie. The insane cop thing didn’t click until it was too late to influence the horde. 

Masons are a powerful role, you’re fukkin beyond useless and Jets is silent.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Please share with the class when this happened.  I came into the day looking at 80 and Kdels.

Im not talking about this specific phase. You threw some comments early on about poor 80 getting lynched d1 all the time. Don't remember the exact words but It bugged me.

Kinda moot anyhow with 80's flip. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This, that train built with the swiftness, even Drums didnt even question it.  Strangest game ever. 

It's very easy to come around after the fact with confirmation bias but whateves

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I have no idea what game youre talking about and it honestly irrelevant.  SMC was obvious town.  He revealed Marty.  His play made it obvious too.

You and Drums wasted a NA, all good, it happens.  Crazy how you always end up with shots in games too and you have no remorse using them on N1.  lol

He said he was Marty after the hammer, I thought.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I think I've been pretty clear about my thoughts irt drums' play and claim. I let it go reluctantly cause it's self resolving but I said very plainly that I dont trust him. Lizzy in comparison made posts I liked and claimed out of the blue with no pressure what so ever.

Yes I'm a logic player. And lizzie's play, way of claiming and the timing seem a hell of a lot more legit than the way drums has been handling himself since the beginning. Could it be as simple as inexperience with drums? Maybe. But I cant ignore blatant stuff like that and give a free pass. It wasnt just one off hand scummy comment. It was a pile of them, followed up by half assed claiming.

As far as the post you quoted, I made the post when I was around. Not sure what you're getting at. I voted after lizzie claimed. I think it's pretty apparent that I believed his claim. No scum does a gambit of that magnitude on D2 with zero pressure. 

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

Just a quick thought here. 

you could just say I need like 3 more drinks. The alcohol is implied/understood. 

😜

Dont teach her to be more human ffs

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

No scum does a gambit of that magnitude on D2 with zero pressure. 

^^ the only exception would be someone doing something stupid for luls, at which point I'm happy to participate anyway 

Imo it's likely lizzie is telling the truth and the mod nerfed him.

24 minutes ago, CTM said:

Dont teach her to be more human ffs

Well In all fairness I didn’t write it in “code” 

her software shouldn’t be able to install from standard text unless you did some major upgrade to its system.
No. 5 is not alive. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Wow. Yeah Ben Davis. Makes total sense. Like on the show, I’m a liability other than voting with the crowd. So don’t waste a vote on me just let me get NK. They may string me a long a couple days if you don’t vote me to create paranoia but I’m obviously a paranoid cop. 

You didn’t consider this possibility before revealing and getting 80 lynched?

31 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

You didn’t consider this possibility before revealing and getting 80 lynched?

I personally didn’t know the character and wanted to see what the hell Lizzie was talking about because his post seemed genuine—confusing for me knowing my own info, but genuine. At least 80 wasn’t a PR

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Im not talking about this specific phase. You threw some comments early on about poor 80 getting lynched d1 all the time. Don't remember the exact words but It bugged me.

Kinda moot anyhow with 80's flip. 

I actually didnt do that at all this game.   I think you're remembering a different game. 

It's very easy to come around after the fact with confirmation bias but whateves

Fair, just more so surprised the only person to walk it out was Smash..

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

He said he was Marty after the hammer, I thought.

Yes and then he started posting funny gifs, idk, it seemed pretty obvious he was Marty to me but sure, there wasnt anything concrete that happened, more just felt that way as it rolled out. 

I think I've been pretty clear about my thoughts irt drums' play and claim. I let it go reluctantly cause it's self resolving but I said very plainly that I dont trust him. Lizzy in comparison made posts I liked and claimed out of the blue with no pressure what so ever.

Yes I'm a logic player. And lizzie's play, way of claiming and the timing seem a hell of a lot more legit than the way drums has been handling himself since the beginning. Could it be as simple as inexperience with drums? Maybe. But I cant ignore blatant stuff like that and give a free pass. It wasnt just one off hand scummy comment. It was a pile of them, followed up by half assed claiming.

As far as the post you quoted, I made the post when I was around. Not sure what you're getting at. I voted after lizzie claimed. I think it's pretty apparent that I believed his claim. No scum does a gambit of that magnitude on D2 with zero pressure. 

Again, it was just more surprising in my catch up the only person that walked it out was Smash.  I'd throw CTM in that mix too.  He didnt even question it, just floated his vote over.  Both of you tend to be more calculated.  Anywho, I just thought it was surprising, especially considering it was Lizzy.  Honestly, Drums following it the most astonishing.  

• Upvote 1

I figured out how to be great at JN mafia. Don't show up when stuff is happening. Come around afterwards and talk about how obvious things were in hindsight and offer up no reads of your own.

• Upvote 3

play music

It was a busy night in the Ozarks. The FBI made a connection in the Byrde/Navarro case, and a couple of bodies were found.

Life was awkward enough for Jonah after uprooting from Chicago and relocating to the Ozarks. Losing his father was devastating and he was struggling to find his way. One thing he did love about living in the woods though, he was an animal lover.004.jpg

According to his sister Charlotte, the Langmore family had some exotic animals. Jonah was full of curiosity and had to see them. He snuck out and headed to the trailer park one night to get a good look at the beautiful beasts his sister had described. “Oh my God she wasn’t lying” Jonah whispered to himself as he located the bobcat cage in front of Russ’s trailer.

“Here kitty kitty”, Jonah encouraged the bobcats to come to him as he held his hand out with some catnip to feed them. They must have been very hungry because they quickly headed straight to Jonah. As the cats began to sniff the catnip in Jonah’s hand a man forcefully grabbed him by the shirt collar “What the F are you doing here?” “You trying to steal my exotic animals?” he slurred furiously.

Before Jonah could even respond the man opened the cage and tossed Jonah in. “You want my exotic animals? Well here you go!” The bobcats proceeded to shred the young boy apart limb by limb.

Nyn (Jonah) - Activated Innocent Child (TOWN) has been eaten by bobcats.
intro-1586453785.jpg

• Haha 1

Play music

Rule #1 - never screw over the cartel. Word on the street was that the Langmore's were involved in stealing laundered money from the Byrde’s. There are two sides to every transaction, and Nelson was sent to finish the deal.
300&key=2b56cb833a7e0b3a8e27b0fbbf3dbbec

His black SUV with tinted out windows was clearly out of place in the trailer park as it pulled up. Wyatt was stoned out of his mind on the roof of the trailer seemingly mesmerized by the SUV as Nelson stepped out, took aim and put a bullet between his eyes.

A scream pierced the air as Ruth saw what had happened. “What the F are you doing!? He’s just a kid! How can you live with yourself?”

“It’s better if I don’t feel things”, Nelson responded as he got back into his vehicle and drove off ...

Freestater - Wyatt - Searching for Darlene Snell (Langmore Family)  - Has been on the wrong side of a business transaction.

w8r2yduq0xs41.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I figured out how to be great at JN mafia. Don't show up when stuff is happening. Come around afterwards and talk about how obvious things were in hindsight and offer up no reads of your own.

You guys hyper lynched SMC and hyper lynched 80.  I like to do stuff other than post on the computer so when fast lynches happen, it's easy to miss them.  And yes, having all the answers with all the answers is the very essence of JN Mafia. 

GFY

• Upvote 1

Damn, Free was scum.  lol.  Well, that was probably the first time this year the newbies hit a scum tell and were scum.  

2 scum down in the night phase, that's nice!  Now we need a successful lynch.

I'm going to back a reread around the Kdels reveal.  I'll be honest, I skimmed it because I had so much to catch up on.

Alright well, this is turning into a Lizzie production. Rolled and multi faction check. Awesome theme and entertaining writing. Check. Hint of bastard and the vets are starting to riot. Check. Has my approval!

My results on myself were not town. Not sure if I am paranoid yet or confused. If I am paranoid then that would be odd because the mod is allowing character reveals, ie I shouldn’t be able to infer insane cop from insane character. 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I actually didnt do that at all this game.   I think you're remembering a different game. 

Two posts at least that seemed like soft defense were these. Too tired to look at your entire content but it was initial posts anyhow that I vaguely recall.

On 6/24/2020 at 3:38 PM, JiF said:

Dont really need to quote the posts, the other play that obviously sticks out is Gata and 80 pushing legitimately some of the worst logic I've ever seen.  The problem is, these are 2 of the most illogical players in the game so it's a bit of a null tell.   Both players have pushed worse logic in the past so Im not inclined to start there today. 

On 6/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, JiF said:

Idk but I can recall a couple of games that 80 refused to reveal as town getting lynched on D1.  That said, not sure if that's telling or not because I'd be giving the game the middle finger too if I was lynched on D1 as many times as 80.

17 hours ago, BallinPB said:

We are trying to kill scum and he won't reveal at L-2.  If  he is town he is dumb and an a$$hole as others have said we have doc and cop outed and yet he won't reveal because he says it's anti-town.  Spare me the bullsh*t.  

17 hours ago, freestater said:

That's actually pretty convincing. 

vote kdels

Interesting vote in my catch up...

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Two posts at least that seemed like soft defense were these. Too tired to look at your entire content but it was initial posts anyhow that I vaguely recall.

Meh, that's much different than "I wont lynch 80 today".  lol but yes, I was giving perspective on 80's play.  lol

good game!

we still had 2 deaths 

did scum wifom and didn’t shoot at doc or cop ? 

free part of a faction?  Not FBi? 

@Drums anything? 

@Lizard King are you still paranoid if at all a crazy cop ? 

Just now, GATA said:

we still had 2 deaths 

did scum wifom and didn’t shoot at doc or cop ? 

free part of a faction?  Not FBi? 

@Drums anything? 

@Lizard King are you still paranoid if at all a crazy cop ? 

Shall I release my info already? I didn't find scum :( GOD DAMMIT

16 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

ok im a little confused cause or names   who did you claim to be masons with  Jets or JetsCODE ?

lynch this. hes unreliable and therefore more use dead. at least dead he cant cause mislynches or advocate stupid decisions. Ive played games where docs have done nothing but self protect   it doesnt go well for town. 

stick around and lynch him instead.

vote Arsis

Interesting vote/post in the thick of the Kdels situation.  Dude is obsessed with Arsis.  Its creepy.

• Haha 1