Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

52 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

FWIW, knowing the source material like I do, Nyn's death (the little boy) being killed also pinged as the Langmores, to me.

well I see what your saying I missed the Wiring completely and yes i did see the show but it was the father and brother in the show that wired the dock so do you think maybe Wyatt the Father and the brother make up that team ? Even so regardless of how makes up the team who shot JC ? 

47 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Langmore little brother is " Three"  he wouldnt be a character i dont think, prolly a safe claim.

My take is prolly a faction of 3 Ruth, Wyatt and the father, Cade.

Jif could be earnestly hunting as VT , Langmore or cartel...          

Then there's the mfing Snells prolly another faction?

I have no idea I'm not a part of a team and I think I'm starting to understand why.

But we have 

Langmores

&

FBI

that are confirmed teams . We just have to hope the teams that do exist can narrow the field and catch remaining scum based on the mechanics of this game

@Spoot-Face Do you think its possible the Langmores could have had 2 actions that night ??? One was based on finding Marty and Killing him (which was easy because when SMC claimed they would have known he was telling the truth or at least assumed it) and then just their regular SK Shot ? That would explain the electrocution and the JC Shot. 

Remember my shot on SMC was strongly based on meta and his role being scummy people on the Lanfmore team might not have looked at it that way.

48 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If there is a functioning Cartel shooter (Nelson) as Free's death seems to suggest, than I don't see why he wouldn't be aligned or associated with the rest of the Cartel (Gata, JETS).

Unless there's a schism in the Cartel with dualing sub-factions, in which case, jesus christ Barry is going all out. Pac did help him, though, and Pac thinks he's smarter than everyone else, so I could see him doing something like that.

This does make it a lot harder to scum hunt.

That’s what I said

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well I see what your saying I missed the Wiring completely and yes i did see the show but it was the father and brother in the show that wired the dock so do you think maybe Wyatt the Father and the brother make up that team ? Even so regardless of how makes up the team who shot JC ? 

I have no idea who shot JC. Could be:

1. JC targeted Kdels and shot himself (assuming Kdels is telling the truth)

2. The same Cartel shooter (Nelson) who shot Free

3. A yet unnamed party (Snell?)

As far as the makeup of the Langmore Team goes, per the source, the possibilities are:

1. Ruth

2. Wyatt

3. Russ (Ruth's Uncle and Wyatt's Father)

4. Cade (Ruth's Father)

5. Boyd (Brother of Russ and Cade)

6. Three (Wyat's Brother)

Exactly how many of them are actually on the team, or even in the game, is hard to quantify when we don't even know how many opposing forces are at play in this game.

Also, we still don't know exactly how the "searching" mechanic works, and if that has any affect on alignments, with multiple players being able to switch allegiances.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have no idea who shot JC. Could be:

1. JC targeted Kdels and shot himself (assuming Kdels is telling the truth)

2. The same Cartel shooter (Nelson) who shot Free

3. A yet unnamed party (Snell?)

As far as the makeup of the Langmore Team goes, per the source, the possibilities are:

1. Ruth

2. Wyatt

4. Cade (Ruth's Father)

Exactly how many of them are actually on the team, or even in the game, is hard to quantify when we don't even know how many opposing forces are at play in this game.

Also, we still don't know exactly how the "searching" mechanic works, and if that has any affect on alignments, with multiple players being able to switch allegiances.

I think for now we def know there’s Ruth if there’s a 3rd ??‍♀️

FBI even in the show we know there’s that maniac who used to bone JC(his character) and then tried to get him jelly boning the langmore uncle. 

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@Spoot-Face Do you think its possible the Langmores could have had 2 actions that night ??? One was based on finding Marty and Killing him (which was easy because when SMC claimed they would have known he was telling the truth or at least assumed it) and then just their regular SK Shot ? That would explain the electrocution and the JC Shot. 

I briefly considered that the "searching for" game mechanic could be responsible for a death, i.e. Marty searches the wrong person looking for Ruth, and winds up dead, or Ruth declines to search back and kills him instead, or some other way in which the circumstances aligned to cause Marty's death. Meaning, that wasn't a factional kill, but the result from some other, yet understood, game mechanic.

So, far JC was the only one explicitly stated to be "killed", while SMC was "electrocuted to death", Nyn (Jonah) was "eaten by bobcats", and Wyatt was "on the bad end of a business decision". And all of them, but Nyn (who was an "activated innocent child", whatever that means) were searching for another character.

That's getting quite convoluted, so I'm inclined to think that they were all standard factional kills, just explained with some flavor, and that we're just looking at multiple "shots" from at least 3 different factions/players.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Then you saying "if there's a third" seems to suggest you're working off the assumption that we know there's two, and the question is whether or not there's a 3rd.

Why is that?

Yes we know there’s 2 for now we don’t know if there is or isn’t more based on OP

9 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yes we know there’s 2 for now we don’t know if there is or isn’t more based on OP

We only know of one Langmore for certain and that's Wyatt. Anything beyond that is conjecture.

I'm just wondering how you seemed to land on there being 2 Langmores as the default, rather than there being 3, 4, or more.

With such a large game, it wouldn't be strange to have large teams, yet your starting point is that there's 2.

Also, besides Wyatt, who do you think the 2nd Langmore is?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

1. Ruth

2. Wyatt

4. Cade (Ruth's Father)

my take is Ruth Wyatt and Cade as faction...  i think involved in N1 or N2 kills.

Boyd , Three and Russ the Closeted gay ******* and FBI. as safe claims...   (last part is the actual shows narrative Russ and FBI *******) 

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

We only know of one Langmore for certain and that's Wyatt. Anything beyond that is conjecture.

I'm just wondering how you seemed to land on there being 2 Langmores as the default, rather than there being 3, 4, or more.

With such a large game, it wouldn't be strange to have large teams, yet your starting point is that there's 2.

Cade for sure, imho

I briefly considered that the "searching for" game mechanic could be responsible for a death, i.e. Marty searches the wrong person looking for Ruth, and winds up dead, or Ruth declines to search back and kills him instead, or some other way in which the circumstances aligned to cause Marty's death. Meaning, that wasn't a factional kill, but the result from some other, yet understood, game mechanic.

So, far JC was the only one explicitly stated to be "killed", while SMC was "electrocuted to death", Nyn (Jonah) was "eaten by bobcats", and Wyatt was "on the bad end of a business decision". And all of them, but Nyn (who was an "activated innocent child", whatever that means) were searching for another character.

That's getting quite convoluted, so I'm inclined to think that they were all standard factional kills, just explained with some flavor, and that we're just looking at multiple "shots" from at least 3 different factions/players.

per actaul show narrative.. FBI and Langmore and Snell would look for Marty...   cos he's a threat, right?

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

my take is Ruth Wyatt and Cade as faction...  i think involved in N1 or N2 kills.

Boyd , Three and Russ the Closeted gay ******* and FBI. as safe claims...   (last part is the actual shows narrative Russ and FBI *******) 

Per bold:

Again, why the assumption of only a 2 player scum team?

As far as Boyd and Three, they very much could be absent from the game, safe claims, or even Town.

Russ, I think could be an active Langmore, with the gay FBI agent (still out there) possibly searching for him.

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Cade for sure, imho

Cade was also in prison to start the show, so it's possible he's still in there and absent from the game. Can't know for sure, but it's a thought.

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

per actaul show narrative.. FBI and Langmore and Snell would look for Marty...   cos he's a threat, right?

I always thought that "searching" was something you did for a friendly, rather than an enemy, in order to gain something. For example, two players must search for each other at night in order to gain a QT to post in together.

Although, I'm just remembering now something about Barry warning players that there maybe people searching for you, so that tells me that not all searching is friendly.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

I see what your problem with Arsis is now.  lol.  I have been quite vocal that either Arsis or Kdels is lying.  I dont think we have 2 guys who cant die and one guy, who kills shooters as well.  That's crazy strong, I've probably said it 20 times.  I wouldnt doubt Arsis protecting himself all game.  Ive only been Doc like 2 or 3 times in my entire mafia career.  Protected myself the entire game each time, once with the Cop outed on like D2 hi @Nynaeve but that's because my skills > everyone + whatever power role they have. 

Do I need to explain why clearing FBI, doesnt clear anyone or have you caught up?   I've explained that 20 times as well. 

i wrote off a bunch of pages  probably about 20 but im caught up.

And since you bought it up at start of day i havent seen you explain why it doesnt clear people explicitly. Reading thru your replies has made me go ahhh   so now i get your point about the factions which is what i was missing.

I do disagree tho for 2 reasons   1 it at least partially clears them    we know they arnt fbi.  2  and this is totally gaming the mod   i will find it weird if there isnt SOME way to mechanically clear those who are not FBI  especially with a paranoid lizzie in the game.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

I know you're filling in and this is a lot to catch up on but you must be skimming.  lol

my skimming and your skimming are probably VERY different.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh the irony is too good, homeboy calls me out for "chest out leading town" or whatever and here he is, directing peeks and asking if the mod actually called them masons. cant make this sh*t up

im not DIRECTING anything, just saying what id like to see happen. As for masons neither Gata nor Jets are very experienced are they? let me know if im wrong. They may not realise that the mod actually TELLS you your masons. and that if he doesnt, then you may not be.

8 hours ago, JiF said:

Dice's play has been terrible.  He's building narrative while contradicting his play.  He's saying that I'm the guy taking the lead, pointing the finger but review his play.  That's all he's done even to the point where he's directing peeks at a Mason group who might not be a Mason group because the Mod hasnt cleared them?  wtf    And then the huge ping/slip about questioning the my take on Drums "clears" but admitting to the fact there are factions.  And missing where we agreed that Arsis could be lying/it doesnt fit with Kdels.  

CTM is coasting/not hunting at all.  Spoot quoted all his posts about killing me while he's followed every train that has built.  He's admitted to voting me on gut, 80 pages deep, 5 deaths, and multiple reveals in.

Los has not defended well at all and has pushed some questionable logic.  OMGUS vote on me.  He's also used my activity to defend me and now he's using it against me.

I could kill either one. 

be clear  i wasnt exactly bagging you with the take the lead thing, just noting a tone shift  perhaps an attitude shift.

And if you want to try and say what im saying then get it right. The masons being viewed and the mod telling them their masons are two different things. Even if they tell me he said they were masons I STILL want one checked because how easy is it for two scum to make that claim and say the mod said so? If you cant see that basic a thing then dont EVER go calling yourself the greatest ever or anything like that again.

44 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Russ, I think could be an active Langmore, with the gay FBI agent (still out there) possibly searching for him.

thats actually the most interesting take i have heard so far...

of course, i cannot be certain of anything..    but blustery posts ( cos of my personal nature and not my game experience) tend to make me go hmm..

as a noob its iinteresting to say you search for alliance, my tendency is opposite...i try to suss out scum...   naive? i cant tell 

cos i am an actual naif...

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

game aside, hope yout MIL is ok... thoughts and prayers..    my closest aunt just died last night...  (non covid) ...

she was awesome. what a great cook and great aunt i had. may she rest in peace. orishas to Aunt Rita

Oh man I’m sorry to hear that, my sincere condolences 

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Of course I thought about it, but I have seen SMC go crazy in the past when hes voted out as scum Meta does play a part here. I've seen SMC go on rants for entire pages after being Lynched as scum saying sh*t like OMG I cant believe you did this with all the mock outrage still claiming he was town then boom the death scene and SMC is scum LOL. He does it all the time that and the fact he was unlychable which everyone argued was always a scum role . Its seemed logical to me he way trying to **** with us. In the grand scheme of things he was NK by scum anyhow but by me being transparent I knew that I would not have to explain his death later in the game which always looks like bullsh*t. Also do you think it was smart of SMC being so powerful that be basically gave it up to scum exactly who he was before Night actions were in  ? I took all of that into account JIF I certainly did not blindly shoot as some Vig's have here recently

And you only had 1 shot and you have a vest? 

• Upvote 1

I’m not saying there is only 2, please read where I say based on the OPs. The OPs  have stated Ruth & then Wyatt who died FFS 

we don’t know if there is or isn’t more 

5 hours ago, Drums said:

I too believed SMC because jvill and i were main characters in your game and had a 1x protection because people were looking for us. I thought people were saying smc was scum after that to maybe help the doc, who then had to decide to protect smc or me, so I did not say anything about smc after the lynch

Either way, Smash said he shot and it is in the story as a lone guy in the woods with a cowboy hat I think. Seems to check out. Not sure why you guys keep going back and forth, what’s done is done. 

Im looking at everything, why cant I go back and revisit it?  It's was an odd choice, with one, on N1, with a vest.  I just, dont like it.  It hasnt sit with me well this whole time and since Gata went there, I'm asking some more questions.  It's not like this day is going anywhere.  What's the harm? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTM said:

Jif this is true, i don't get to determine whether it's significant or not. but I do get to defend the accusation no? Those who are making individual interpretations can make an informed decision which should include my defense.

Plus as I said, floating false narrative is a potential scum tactic, so I'm free to call attention that as well.

handshake bros GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Nope 1x shot 1x BPV

So with a vest, you took a shot a player that you thought was mafia because of his role and antics on N1?  Why not just save the shot since you couldnt die that night and lynch SMC the next day?

This isnt adding up anymore.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

as a noob its iinteresting to say you search for alliance, my tendency is opposite...i try to suss out scum...   naive? i cant tell 

Trying to signal a teammate is a fairly common occurrence in Mafia.

1 hour ago, Dicetosser said:

wrote off a bunch of pages  probably about 20 but im caught up.

And since you bought it up at start of day i havent seen you explain why it doesnt clear people explicitly. Reading thru your replies has made me go ahhh   so now i get your point about the factions which is what i was missing.

I do disagree tho for 2 reasons   1 it at least partially clears them    we know they arnt fbi.  2  and this is totally gaming the mod   i will find it weird if there isnt SOME way to mechanically clear those who are not FBI  especially with a paranoid lizzie in the game.

Well, we can agree to disagree but I dont see an advantage to knowing someone isnt FBI, unless we've eliminated the other factions as well.  Otherwise it can present a false sense of security on the player.  just my 2 cents.

m not DIRECTING anything, just saying what id like to see happen. As for masons neither Gata nor Jets are very experienced are they? let me know if im wrong. They may not realise that the mod actually TELLS you your masons. and that if he doesnt, then you may not be.

I mean, you suggested it, put it out there, maybe it's not hard core "directing" but you did. lol

Gata and Jets have both played plenty.  Jets is rather new but at least a handful of games, I think.  They'd know.  Gata for sure.  Who revealed.  She's played and modded games, lots of them. 

be clear  i wasnt exactly bagging you with the take the lead thing, just noting a tone shift  perhaps an attitude shift.

And if you want to try and say what im saying then get it right. The masons being viewed and the mod telling them their masons are two different things. Even if they tell me he said they were masons I STILL want one checked because how easy is it for two scum to make that claim and say the mod said so? If you cant see that basic a thing then dont EVER go calling yourself the greatest ever or anything like that again.

Yeah, I get that but at the same token you thought these 2 were inexperienced and you think they're running the gambit play and Gata just threw it out there with no pressure for no reason?  Pretty bold for 2 new players, no? 

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Langmores owned Bobcats in the show ...They only showed them a few times. So they killed Nyn for sure.

• Upvote 2