Ozark Mafia Game Thread - Town Wins!

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

didn't mean for it to look like I was patting myself on the back its just the way it played out I never said my shooting was a great move in any way shape or form and if i did then I would agree with your statement of me Patting myself on the back.

Well, you did say your kill on him gave us more info... but it wasn't just your kill.

7 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Did I miss a claim from Ballin? And a character from Hess would be helpful. Considering Arsis claimed he was unable to be NK’d, I don’t see what the harm would be at this point.

Did I miss you revealing your character?

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

Hmmm you’re a Bulletproof Doc which is still like lol how that flip happened 

so since we know you’re a Powerful role why would the character reveal hurt we could at least make sure you’re not lying 

Arsis told you we are a Bulletproof Doc???? Bwahahahahahahaha

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don’t know, if mod says it’s ok. Why you so scummy??

Here's what I said on revealing to start the game

It is now Day 1. There are no restrictions for character or role reveals however; you should be very careful in doing so as there are people out there looking for some of you.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

lol

What is up with people asking for character reveals, with no pressure, and when they themselves haven't revealed?

Goddammit, 80 I blame you for this!!!!

We have multi factions based on OPs ppl can be lying why would character reveals hurt if their roles are out there already ? 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

We have multi factions based on OPs ppl can be lying why would character reveals hurt if their roles are out there already ? 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It is now Day 1. There are no restrictions for character or role reveals however; you should be very careful in doing so as there are people out there looking for some of you.

• Upvote 1

Other thoughts:

-Los is all over the place. Not sure if it’s just noob logic or flailing scum, but guy had a hell of a vig shot to win the game for town last game so it seems he’s a quick study. Drums also had a good pickup of Los’ use of the term “flailing”. Want to look back at the previous game and see if that came up at all.

-Glad to see that Spoot is back in action. Now just need @Beaver

- JiF/CTM: Had a town read on JiF before this started, still do now. Him coming in post-hoc and criticizing what he sees as bad/scummy play doesn’t seem off to me for him at all, it seems on brand. Don’t really understand the reasoning behind his train. CTM I actually think comes off looking better for the dust up. His saying he agreed with Los after sparse activity pinged hard, but (and maybe this is just the increase in activity) I think the case he made was earnest if not overly bogged down in semantics.

-Still want to dig deeper into the claims made so far, specifically Smash, Arsis/Hess, and kdels. Something does not add up.

The guy who the show is based on is dead. When SMC revealed I personally thought he was lying obviously the langmores didn’t because they electrocuted him 

so you think the games win contingency is just take out the opposing faction/ rival character ? @Spoot-Face

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yeah, I don't think it is smart for everyone to reveal. We may put someone in danger 

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

No you didn’t. But neither me nor my predecessor claimed bulletproof doc under minimal pressure and hinted at a character.

I mean Harssis just laughed off the role claim so we don’t even know if it’s true or not

1 minute ago, Drums said:

Yeah, I don't think it is smart for everyone to reveal. We may put someone in danger 

You revealed your character with no pressure even though we knew you were cop already. 

1 minute ago, Drums said:

I agree and I’m not at all calling for everyone to reveal. But Arsis’ claim was ridiculous and needs to be addressed in some manner. Open to alternate suggestions.

No you didn’t. But neither me nor my predecessor claimed bulletproof doc under minimal pressure and hinted at a character.

If, by "predecessor" you mean Gata, then, well, no she didn't claim bulletproof doc under minimal pressure and hint at character. She claimed Mason for her and her partner with minimal pressure, so I don't see your point.

The fact is, the mod cautioned us about revealing characters, and this is quickly turning into an 80-inspired free-for-all where, on the count of three, we all drop our pants.

This is weird. And I don't necessarily see how character reveals will help us find Scum, as if Scum isn't going to have safe character reveals. I'm going to have to mull it over some more.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, GATA said:

You revealed your character with no pressure even though we knew you were cop already. 

I did it when Lizzie revealed because I was confused. I also knew my character was not a main character and in no way has Barry ever mentioned I am being looked for or anything like that. What if someone is being looked for, but town, so then they try to come up with an alternate character and F it all up and get lynched? If you guys think a full reveal is best for town, that's fine.  I'm already revealed and it might make my investigation choice easier tonight.

8 minutes ago, GATA said:

The guy who the show is based on is dead. When SMC revealed I personally thought he was lying obviously the langmores didn’t because they electrocuted him 

so you think the games win contingency is just take out the opposing faction/ rival character ? @Spoot-Face

What is this? LMAO

I'd imagine the win contingencies are standard like they are practically every Mafia game ever. If you're Town, eliminate all threats to Town. If you're a Scum faction, then eliminate any threats to you and have even numbers with Town.

Like, why are you even asking this basic question?

My head ******* hurts now.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

If, by "predecessor" you mean Gata, then, well, no she didn't claim bulletproof doc under minimal pressure and hint at character. She claimed Mason for her and her partner with minimal pressure, so I don't see your point.

The fact is, the mod cautioned us about revealing characters, and this is quickly turning into an 80-inspired free-for-all where, on the count of three, we all drop our pants.

This is weird. And I don't necessarily see how character reveals will help us find Scum, as if Scum isn't going to have safe character reveals. I'm going to have to mull it over some more.

No I was referring to Arsis being replaced by Hess. Said predecessor because it wasn’t Hess that made the actual claim, it was Arsis.

And as I said to Drums, not at all calling for a mass reveal here. Just clarity on Arsis/Hess’s claim. Arsis hinted at a character earlier, and now Hess is backing off the role claim. Arsis was a sh*theel, but he put town in a spot to have to deal with this.

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I agree and I’m not at all calling for everyone to reveal. But Arsis’ claim was ridiculous and needs to be addressed in some manner. Open to alternate suggestions.

Well, good luck getting a straight answer outta Hess. Like, seriously.

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

For that matter I can trigger you as well so go climb a tree.

@JiF You mentioned in another post that Dice was filling in ? I thought Hess was filling in for Arsis ? Where is that Hess anyway

No, you can not. Silly goose. Now, lemme catch up..,

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh not totally.  I vote based on play, which is why I always do rereads and catch ups, quoting posts along the way.  I will typically throw a gut in there with my reads but to solely played on gut?  Nah, that's not really an accurate description of how I hunt. 

You bragged in your gut many times, and I’m referring to that. Nobody is 100% gut, I get that.

11 hours ago, GATA said:

Ffs no one reads what I post look at my ISO and follow I even asked Barry to clarify on Night scenes 

The downside of sh*t posting 90% of the time.

11 hours ago, GATA said:

He said that about lynch scenes only being flavor and to not read into them 

He said some flavor, some clues. I think. Just ask him ffs.

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Langmores could very well be another group with a kill or an SK faction ... I've been saying there could be an SK faction for the entire game based on the first JC death scene that's what I was referring too did you read that ? Remember Scum Killed SMC and I shot him POST Mortum so that from my perspective is Scum Kill Vig Shot but then JC was also killed and Im saying he was killed by a SK and I have been saying that from N1. There was also the Mirror but I would think if someone shot at the Mirror the person playing that role would have probably gotten info he was shot at . The reason I say that is because Barry told me in my PM that I would be told if someone shot off my vest. Now with that being said did the Mirror Kdels?? claim he was ever shot at and mirrored the shot  ? That might be something to look into . Personally I looked and did not find anything and it was certainly not discussed by the Mod in JC's death scene

Langmore = electrocuted Marty, bobcat cage Jonah, those are both specifically Langmore things from show

• Upvote 1

No I was referring to Arsis being replaced by Hess. Said predecessor because it wasn’t Hess that made the actual claim, it was Arsis.

Oh well you said your predecessor, so that threw me.

2 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

And as I said to Drums, not at all calling for a mass reveal here. Just clarity on Arsis/Hess’s claim. Arsis hinted at a character earlier, and now Hess is backing off the role claim. Arsis was a sh*theel, but he put town in a spot to have to deal with this.

Fair, it was a dumb move by Arsis, but I'll reiterate what I just posted above: good luck getting a straight answer outta Hess.

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Where?

Before you said to me that you were voting JiF based on "gut", now you're saying it was based on a "ping", which is a bit more substantial. Seems like this is something you should've mentioned earlier.

Gut and ping is splitting hairs, IMO 

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm starting to get Town v Town vibes in JiF v CTM.

Or rivals scum

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Omg. I said people needed to not get scared. Drums ran from jvill train. Jvill flips scum I’m never letting you forget 

I thought you quit?

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, the Langmores clearly killed Marty, per the scene. Are you suggesting that they had 2 kills N1?

2 kills took out Marty, separate factions. Smash claimed one of them. I’m assuming he’s not claiming Langmore.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Gut and ping is splitting hairs, IMO 

Maybe, but I've seen people use "gut" as an excuse to vote or sus someone without any particular post in mind.

When I've always thought someone "pinged" it was for a specific post I could point to.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Or rivals scum

Maybe, but I was kinda getting vibes from JiF from the last game where you and I ran him up, and all three of us were Town.

CTM I thought defended okay.

I might just be trying to hard not to tunnel on people, and giving out too much slack.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

2 kills took out Marty, separate factions. Smash claimed one of them. I’m assuming he’s not claiming Langmore.

I'm well aware of that

8 hours ago, Drums said:

How many do you think would make up the Langmore team? Possibly three FBI (now 2), three Langmores?

FBI was a pair in the show. This is a high-risk direction to go in discussion right now. Easy to obfuscate.

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

FWIW, knowing the source material like I do, Nyn's death (the little boy) being killed also pinged as the Langmores, to me.

Langmore owned the cage of bobcats. So yea, 100%

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Langmore little brother is " Three"  he wouldnt be a character i dont think, prolly a safe claim.

My take is prolly a faction of 3 Ruth, Wyatt and the father, Cade.

Jif could be earnestly hunting as VT , Langmore or cartel...          

Then there's the mfing Snells prolly another faction?

Bold is a slip. Cartel is town. Happy with my vote.

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

If there is a functioning Cartel shooter (Nelson) as Free's death seems to suggest, than I don't see why he wouldn't be aligned or associated with the rest of the Cartel (Gata, JETS).

Unless there's a schism in the Cartel with dualing sub-factions, in which case, jesus christ Barry is going all out. Pac did help him, though, and Pac thinks he's smarter than everyone else, so I could see him doing something like that.

This does make it a lot harder to scum hunt.

Cartel shooter would be town. Which calls into question Snash’s claim.

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What is this? LMAO

I'd imagine the win contingencies are standard like they are practically every Mafia game ever. If you're Town, eliminate all threats to Town. If you're a Scum faction, then eliminate any threats to you and have even numbers with Town.

Like, why are you even asking this basic question?

My head ******* hurts now.

Ughhhh no if the factions take each other out good riddance they already know the town claims what’s the difference with the characters being revealed give me v a good reason especially for Harssis claim? 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Cartel shooter would be town. Which calls into question Snash’s claim.

Ftr we have no shots . 
So do you think there’s a Town Cartel with a 1-X shot too? 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Ughhhh no if the factions take each other out good riddance they already know the town claims what’s the difference with the characters being revealed give me v a good reason especially for Harssis claim? 

I can't give you a good reason because there's no way for us to know who is searching for who and what consequences that could bring.

• Upvote 2