Marcus Maye is now pissed off too!!

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Kid’s not lying. Jet fans should quit worrying about how much players make and learn to be decent fans . I wonder how some of y’all would like it if a bunch of yahoos kept telling folks how much you shouldn’t be paid

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So, be a teacher is what you're saying.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

I like Marcus Maye.   He is a 27 year old safety who has been injured alot.   The average NFL player lasts 3.3 years and on average is about a 22 year old rookie.  

The Jets plan would appear to be to play MM this year and earn a comp pick when he moves on.  I think he is a player who signs serial one-year contracts.  Ashton Davis would appear to be MM's replacement.

I will wish him well, but I think a team that guarantees him too much money will regret it.  

Two years ago some on here were ready to run this kid outta town because he got hurt . Today he’s those same folks new darling because Adams wants to be paid . I’m a Jet fan and I cheer for my team especially the players drafted by the team. Since I don’t have to reach into my pocket and pay them I don’t really care what they earn . On Sunday and sometimes on Monday I cheer them on. The rest of the week I enjoy reading a ice article about the team . I’m simple like that .

In the last few days, Jamal Adams has made it abundantly clear that he would use your, and every other Jets fan's, mouth as a toilet to house the soft served chocolate ice cream from his a**hole, and you would rather eat it up, straight from the source, and rate it 5 stars, than call him out for sh*tting down your throat.  Why?  Because you're "a fan"?

Damn.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, varjet said:

I like Marcus Maye.   He is a 27 year old safety who has been injured alot.   The average NFL player lasts 3.3 years and on average is about a 22 year old rookie.  

Yikes.  Talk about low standards.

He was a high 2nd round pick.  Other players taken in that high-mid 2nd round range include:

• Dalvin Cook
  • Joe Mixon
  • S Marcus Williams (10 career INTs)
  • S Budda Baker (240 solo tackles, 4 FFs, 4 FRs, 18 TFLs)
  • OT Cam Robinson (31 career starts at OT)
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Fck you robbie, i think you go out of your way to be gramatically challenged... that or you're happy to make everyone else put in the time to decrypt your sh*tty english.

Or he is just illiterate.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was a high 2nd round pick.  Other players taken in that high-mid 2nd round range include:

• Dalvin Cook
  • Joe Mixon

as much as taking a safety again in the 2nd was certifiably insane with Cook and others there, he could at least got it right by drafting a proper FS like Baker ffs 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Kid’s not lying. Jet fans should quit worrying about how much players make and learn to be decent fans . I wonder how some of y’all would like it if a bunch of yahoos kept telling folks how much you shouldn’t be paid

When players opt to make their gripes public, whining about their millions of dollars not being enough, out towards those who make a fraction of the amount and yet still ultimately fund the ability for the players to get paid as they do, and it "shockingly" doesn't go over well, I'm thinking that is not exactly the fault of the fans.

If anyone around here would be stupid enough to incessantly whine to their company's customers, who knowingly make excessively less, about their own personal finances, they'd deserve the same exact reactions.

That's all before even getting into the simple fact that the salary cap makes the topic quite relevant to fans who don't want to see their team suck.  Of course, if that reality is an issue for some players, they can certainly opt to pursue a different career.  These days the cap has existed for longer than those coming into the league have been alive, so hardly a shocking bit of news to them.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Icer said:

I like Maye, he makes more game changing plays than Adams does with 1/1000 of the noise.

This is just not true.  Sure Maye has more interceptions but Adams is all over the field blowing up plays.  The strip sack TD of Daniel Jones last year by Adams, Maye could only dream about.  Please tell me how Maye makes more game changing plays than Adams.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

This is just not true.  Sure Maye has more interceptions but Adams is all over the field blowing up plays.  The strip sack TD of Daniel Jones last year by Adams, Maye could only dream about.  Please tell me how Maye makes more game changing plays than Adams.

He does it in coverage, where defensive backs should. Thats the area where Jamal tweener backer is never present....in coverage.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Dalvin Cook
  • Joe Mixon

I wanted Cook, it would have saved us signing the washed up Mr Bell.

• Upvote 1