Dyer: Tannenbaum Breaks Down Adams Trade Value

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be perfectly honest this is actually an awesome post and well thought out. Plus? The possibility of no football in 2020 is now feeling more like an early Christmas present than a bad things. Thanks Bit! 

if they forfeit all the games we can get right to Trevor Lawrence talk 

but of course the Johnson's do need to get paid

that's the most important thing 

whatever the Jets do, look through the lens of the Johnson family preserving their wealth

it will make more sense

they haven't gotten Qtip money since the 50's. 

the Jets are their Qtip factory now 

and it doesn't pay to upgrade the cotton or whatever 

If you think that metaphor is terrible, just be thankful I didn't mention Baby Powder 

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

everyone's focusing on how Revis and Adams situation aren't EXACTLY alike

what about the other part of my post

how he doesn't want to be Joe Thomas

fans don't want to see the true state of the franchise we want to believe everyone wants to play here because  it's awesome

here's the contra case 

they finally get a decent player in the first round, worth a second contract, their first for I don't know a decade (mo wilkerson?) 

and 5 out of 6 Jets fans have turned on the dude for wanting market value or close to it for his services

like many here my time rooting for the laundry can be measured in decades

we've seen this play out before they will turn Jamal into a bad dude in the NY media which is cheaper than paying him, he will go to another, better run franchise (how terrible are the Jets that the COWBOYS are clearly a better run franchise?) and  the Jets will sit on a scrooge mcduck pile of cap space that won't be used for free agents

It's bigger than Jamal 

they will find a reason not to pay Sam and probably Becton too 

does anyone really think Woody JOhnson will approve a 100 million dollar extension for Sam Darnold? 

That's why they drafted James Morgan. To not do it. 

They aren't paying anyone, they are going to run this team like it's Cincinatti and collect the checks below .500 every year

it's what they do 

I don't blame Jamal Adams for finally realizing it 

we all grow up sooner or later 

on some level we get what we deserve with this crew. 

I think it’s time to take a little break, you’re diving pretty deep into a crazy black hole of conspiracies. 

I also see zero reason, why they wouldn’t extend Sam if he’s worth it. 

24 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I think it’s time to take a little break, you’re diving pretty deep into a crazy black hole of conspiracies. 

I also see zero reason, why they wouldn’t extend Sam if he’s worth it. 

i post only during AM hours and take a 24 hour break every day 

yet every morning I wake up, and the Jets still stink

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

it's called being ahead of the curve 

by the way I've made dire predictions since the Geno Smith era

with the knowledge I'd have to eat huge CROW in public if I were wrong

but funny thing about the Jets none of my RECENT dire predictions have been proven wrong

you know what predictions I have regretted? Backing players they drafted, coaches they hired and moves they made. 

I've been a fan for many years and I even split seasons for a few of those, I was never more inaccurate than when wearing the green glasses. 

hey here's some predictions more while we are here: 

Darnold won't be resigned. He's a 74 in Madden and deservedly so. He's going to want huge cash 100 and the case could be made he's worth less than Adams. The X Factor here is that Jimmy Sexton has Chris Johnson's ATM Code.  Woody will return from UK and stop the madness before the Jets cut Darnold a deal worth potentially 100 million dollars. If Matt Stafford can get that money, Darnold can too. 

Gase (another Sexton client) won't ever have a winning season he's a talentless boob with no acumen for what offense looks like in the 2020's. He ran the friggin Wildcat last year. His offensive plays and concepts are terrible. 

Douglas (another Sexton client) is actually a good scouting mind who can't sign FA (George Fant and Matt Kalil were/are FA busts). He will run this team like it's in Green Bay or Pittsburgh and keep them mediocre through the draft.

They might cross .500 while Gase is in the building but they won't be a contender 

You and I crusher we will be old men, looking back on a lifetime of rooting for this team, with no payoff

young fans think that a SB is bound to happen, sooner or later

like it's some sort of routlette wheel 

green 00 and 0 will come up eventually, right? 

but even the great programs and the great players don't get close to a SB

a terrible program with a psychotic coach and checked out owner won't luck into a Super Bowl by accident 

1. No way I can agree with you on Darnold. He's rated a 74 in Madden? Thats your argument? How about the Jets haven't had a true Franchise QB since Namath. You're telling me if Darnold has a much improved season given that he has better protection and a play-making WR on the outside, the Jets, flush with cash after all the short term deals JD put together will say- meh, he's not good enough, let's let him walk and try to draft a QB, start all over again. Only way Darnold DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT get a massive deal to stay on the Jets is if the team improves its play around him and he regresses...OR injury. People talk about positional value and you should only pay certain positions. QB IS THAT POSITION. It's arguably the only position you should be okay with overpaying if you have a quality starter. Darnold is just a kid and his upside is immense. If he keeps improving he is MUCH more than a quality starter- he is your Franchise QB and it would be a huge mistake to let him walk. 

2. Agree on Gase. I've already seen enough where I have zero trust in his playcalling. And he seems like a stubborn coach which I hate. 

3. Not sure how you can say Fant is a FA bust before he takes a single snap for the Jets lol. Sure JD paid a premium for a much needed OT but its a short term deal and he could very well turn out to be a solid if not stellar signing. Plus I love how you bring up Kalil- the most obvious mistake JD made but you make no mention of ANY of his other signings. I think thats a bit unfair. Granted most of the signing are TBD, but even trading for A.Lewis was a shrewd move at the time. I think you have to give him a ton of credit for bringing back some of our own FAs and the way he re-tooled the O-line. 

By the way, not sure what you meant but if the team is run like Green Bay or Pitt- who I believe have each won 6 division titles since 2010, then sign me the F up. 

The fact is this is sports and we are fans. You can cheer for your team and look at the glass as half full or you can be upset about past failures and look at the glass half empty, which I assure you is a miserable existence. Or you can root for a different team, in which, be my guest- the Chiefs are good. Speaking of which, the Chiefs did not win for a really really long time, until they did.