Former Jet Says Gase “Doesn’t Care” in Addressing Jamal Adams Saga

Adam Gase

As the Jamal Adams vs the Jets very public contract/no-contract saga carries on, a former Jets defensive back chimed in with a comment that may raise some eyebrows via his twitter account.

The man who started opposite the great Darrelle Revis when the Jets were last relevant, Antonio Cromartie, had this to say in defense of Adams after being accused bye one fan of “sh***ing on the Jets” with his pro-Adams opinions.  Cromartie replied, “Shi**ing on the @nyjets.  I want the best for the organization.  But when you hire a HC who doesn’t care”

Cromartie has been in contact with Adams to find out of there’s more to his situation than meets the eye, and without getting too specific, Adams is insinuating through Cromartie that that’s exactly what’s going on.

Before singling out Adam Gase for not caring, Cromartie first said that after speaking with Adams, he came away unsurprised, saying “I’m not shocked at all”.

Just had a great conversation with @Prez and all I can say is I’m not shocked at all.

— ANTONIO CROMARTIE (@CRO31) June 20, 2020

If there is some tension between Gase and Adams, it wouldn’t come as much surprise.  Former Gase players have spoken out against him in the past, and he himself has acknowledged the fact that he will go weeks (or months) at a time without speaking to a player if they’re injured.  If there weren’t at least a handful of players who don’t see eye to eye with Gase it would come as little surprise.  If it were Gase and Adams butting heads, it would be even less of a surprise given the size of the two egos.

In a somewhat of a contradiction, Cromartie made his comments before interacting with a few fans on twitter before saying he knows the truth, but it wasn’t his place to say anything.

Strange times in Jets land.  Strange times, indeed.

The post Former Jet Says Gase “Doesn’t Care” in Addressing Jamal Adams Saga appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
_PybFpUU7js

Click here to read the full story...

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Cro trying to make himself relevant?  Why would anyone care what he has to say?  The only relevant person on the Jets from his time is Woody Johnson and he is in London. 

But if he's getting it from Jamal, that's a relevant person involved in the situation.  Not pretending to know what is or what is not true, but if he talks to Jamal and comes away ripping Gase, it's based on something Jamal said.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Maybe.  Although right now, I'm sure the Adams camp is looking for a way to save face here.  He has looked like a complete jerk throughout this mess.  WHo better to blame it on other than Gase, whom the fans don't like already.  How convenient.  What you are probably seeing is jamal in panic mode looking for a way to weasel out of this infantile tantrum.  Why not?  Blame it on Gase!  Meanwhile, JD is the contract guy and WIlliams is his DC.  Gase has little to do with Adams on a daily basis and Gase doesn't negotiate the contracts.  

So  we are still waiting for Jamal (or his shill Cro) to tell us the truth.  Didn't Jamal pronise to do so on Sunday?  We are still waiting.  He's so full of sht, that he is choking in it.

All fair points, but with everyone involved day-to-day, Gase comes across as a guy whose personality would be most likely to clash with Adams' narcissism.

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well, if Antonio Cromartie said it, what better source is there than that?

It's not so much that he "said it" as much as he said it after getting off the phone with Adams.

9 minutes ago, KRL said:

To me this is a total plant story to try to make Adams look good.  Everyone knows
Gase isn't liked by the fanbase, so what do you do?  Plant a vague story pointing
blame at Gase hoping to shift the narrative in support of Adams.  I don't buy it,
everyone knows Williams runs the defense and the only player who had an issue with
him was Trumaine Johnson.  Enough said

Could be, but I think if he'd wanted it to be a bigger story he would've planted it with Ryan Clark who would've repeated it on ESPN.  Mabye that's coming?

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's not so much that he "said it" as much as he said it after getting off the phone with Adams.

And, I am supposed to believe the transcribed version that AC provides? Whenever anybody tells me something they heard, I consider the source first, that is telling me. In this case, I am considering the source.

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

To me this is a total plant story to try to make Adams look good.  Everyone knows
Gase isn't liked by the fanbase, so what do you do?  Plant a vague story pointing
blame at Gase hoping to shift the narrative in support of Adams.  I don't buy it,
everyone knows Williams runs the defense and the only player who had an issue with
him was Trumaine Johnson.  Enough said

Exactly.

It's another Gase hitpiece disguised as real news. 

Shame on Jamal for piling on his head coach.  If he thinks this is going to make us trade him and another team want to pay him he's got another thing coming.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yeah, Gase should anoint JA the best ever and that he deserves a bajillion dollars. Gase should pull a Todd and tell JA he's the starting QB next season. Or is Gase supposed to act like their dad, but meanwhile he's their immediate boss/coach and this isn't pop warner football with 7 years olds. As the players love to say when they are holding out of their million plus dollar contract to play a kid's game..... It's a business, and please spare me the "it's a short career" spiel. What would they be making per year in their back up career? Assuming of course they even planned for one.

• Upvote 1

Gase should troll the sh*t out of him and say something like; Hi Jamal, I'm sorry I've been silent while you've been acting like a petulant child on social media.  When my children act this way, I've learned it's best to ignore their temper tantrums rather than give into them.  

• Upvote 3