Former Jet Says Gase “Doesn’t Care” in Addressing Jamal Adams Saga

slow news period without baseball and the nba.  these clown sportswriters have nothing better to do than stir things up.  first off what cromartie says or feels has absolutely nothing to do with the jets at this point.  he's been gone for 5 years now.  whatever happens between the jets and adams is up to douglas and the johnsons.  even during the season i didn't get the feeling that gase was dealing with anything on the defensive side of the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Cro trying to make himself relevant?  Why would anyone care what he has to say?  The only relevant person on the Jets from his time is Woody Johnson and he is in London. 

Relevant and as if he has any insight?  A guy who came to the Jets and had the team pay his ridiculous back child support tab is going to bitch about the team?  Make like what Jamal Adams, while hes trying to broker a deal is giving him relevant info that we should believe?

OK Pro

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

The clock is ticking for Gase..  playoffs or adios.

Strongly disagree.

He is staying out of contract negotiations, that's what he should do.   If he came out and said Adam's is an unbelievable talent and a game changer, it puts leverage on Adam's side.

Gase is staying out of it, and letting the gm do his job.

• Upvote 4

Look I’m not a Gase fan but what do you want the guy to do?  It’s obvious Adams is simply an immature baby who is never gonna be happy even if we give him a ridiculous contract.  Sure he can tell him to shut up but like I said you are dealing with a baby who will cause issues with everything.  As much as I disliked the Gase hiring he at least cared more about the team than Adams does.  Adams is acting like he is already a Dallas Cowboy. He is posting videos of Lamb instead of Mims and Sam his teammates 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Pac said:

The clock is ticking for Gase..  playoffs or adios.

Last year, Jets down to their 3rd string quarterback open 0-4.  FIRE GASE!

Last year, Jets finish 6-2 after 1-7.  FIRE GASE!

Last year, Jets finish 7-9 when most predicted they'd be 6-10.  FIRE GASE!

This year, Jets are predicted to go 6-10.  IF NO PLAYOFFS FIRE GASE!

I'd say this is getting old, but it's too funny to let go.  Keep it up!

SAR I

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What is Gase supposed to do, get involved and screw up JDs negotiations with a player?  Really?

Excuses and mindless misinformation from Deep thinking Antonio Cromartie.

Shocking.   

You're right, I don't think HC should involve themselves or posit their feelings in contract situations that lie with the GM.

On the other hand, many on here enjoy pegging Gase as the real puppet master behind decisions - so which one is it? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It's the Fireman Gase brigade?

G -A - S - E Gase, Gase, Gase?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're right, I don't think HC should involve themselves or posit their feelings in contract situations that lie with the GM.

On the other hand, many on here enjoy pegging Gase as the real puppet master behind decisions - so which one is it? 

How can anyone read some of the threads about Gase since his hire, and all the Adams threads, and try to make sense of what some people say here?

Lets be honest, we’re not the most rational of fan bases, but we’re one of the most fervent.

We care way too much. If you don’t think that’s true, take a look at other team’s fan boards. They don’t have half the traffic and drama we have here.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

FIRE GASE!

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

But if he's getting it from Jamal, that's a relevant person involved in the situation.  Not pretending to know what is or what is not true, but if he talks to Jamal and comes away ripping Gase, it's based on something Jamal said.

With the way Adams has been conducting  himself, what else would you expect him to say

A couple of days ago I started a thread saying that it's not just the contract with Jamal, he has issues with Gase too.  I was lambasted but in the end I'll be proven right, not that I like it one bit.  That relationship hasn't been on good terms since the Browns game.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is a non story and just another whinefest from a baby player who wants to be coddled.

Adams refused to talk to the coach and gm after his little they are shopping me tirade last year now he is mad he is not being diapered and given a bottle.

Gase is a terrible coach who we never should have been hired, he is blameless in this issue.

If the perception by the majority of players is that the coach doesn't give a sh*t about them, then he's got to shoulder some of the blame. I'm not condoning Adams' behavior, I think he's totally out of line here. But if he doesn't feel comfortable talking to the coach that's indicative of a bigger problem in the organization. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, shevys said:

If the perception by the majority of players is that the coach doesn't give a sh*t about them, then he's got to shoulder some of the blame. I'm not condoning Adams' behavior, I think he's totally out of line here. But if he doesn't feel comfortable talking to the coach that's indicative of a bigger problem in the organization. 

Gase spends the entire practice with the offense, and if the offense goes inside and the D is still out there, he won't even give them a look.  His back is to them the whole time.  I don't care who you are, if you're a defensive player this is inevitably going to rub you the wrong way.  I'm sure at least Rex feigned interest.

Combine this with the fact that Gase openly says he doesn't care about evolving because he's rich and his contract is guaranteed, is it any wonder defensive players might hate him?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, shevys said:

The little jerk REFUSED to talk to the coach or the gm less than a year ago.  there is a lot to do in running a team taking up any time with a drama queen is counter productive.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Could someone please speak to what they'd like Gase to do in this situation, being as specific as possible?

If it was Rex, he would be spouting all over about how good Jamal is.  It would have no bearing on the negotiations,  Rex was always known to toot the horn of his own players.  Gase, on the other hand never does that, so in this case, Gase has to stay consistent and say nothing.  Gase is doing what he would be expected to do... Nothing,...

Gase should immediately be placed in the Jets ring of honor if he has reached these (3) goals by the end of 2020:

- Got rid of Mac and replaced with his guy Joe Douglas.

- Cuts out the drama queen Adams, and then his guy JD loots Dallas, where the self-proclaimed Prez wants to play, for CeeDee, a 1st and 3rd in the 2021 NFL Draft.

- Wins AFC East and sweeps the division, 6-0.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when the Chargers dumped Cromartie on the Jets in a trade and the first thing the Jets had to do was front Cro six figures so he could pay back child support

You're conveniently forgetting the Hard Knocks episode where he was actually able to name all 10 of his kids without help from a safety. 

• Haha 1

I'm no fan of Gase but why would he need to kiss Jamal's behind?  Jamal thinks he's at the center of the Jets' universe.  Let the GM determine the roster and who gets paid and let the HC coach the team.  

I'm glad Gase isn't giving Jamal the attention he wants here.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1