Former Jet Says Gase “Doesn’t Care” in Addressing Jamal Adams Saga

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase spends the entire practice with the offense, and if the offense goes inside and the D is still out there, he won't even give them a look.  His back is to them the whole time.  I don't care who you are, if you're a defensive player this is inevitably going to rub you the wrong way.  I'm sure at least Rex feigned interest.

Combine this with the fact that Gase openly says he doesn't care about evolving because he's rich and his contract is guaranteed, is it any wonder defensive players might hate him?

I vaguely remember something along these lines but is this really accurate?

I actually believe this is true? How many times was Gase accused of not caring in Miami? Honestly, for the most part I think that's a sound approach by Gase? As a HC, he doesn't have much control over the Jamal contract saga, so why care? It makes sense only to worry about the things you actually have the power to change. However, if he hasn't already made it known that he wants Jamal on his team then I think he should. Jamals busted his hump for Gase.

• Upvote 1

Adams has lost any credibility that he had when he said he would go to another team without an extension. He's a phony little bitch liar. Anybody who doesn't realize that now is just bring ignorant of the facts. I'll take the word of Frank Gore over Adams any day of the week.

"I got an opportunity to get back with a good friend and a guy I respect, and I'm happy that he wanted me to be on his team," the running back said of Gase, per Jim Trotter of NFL.com. "

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Injuries, injuries, bad management, injuries.

Hard to run an offense when you have no players.

SAR I

Gregg Williams had injuries, bad management, lack of talent and got the defense to drag this teams ass to all those wins at the end of the year you give credit to gase for.

Gregg showed he was a good coach by getting something out of little.

Gase showed and has showed the last 4 years that he cannot get anything out of offenses.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Could someone please speak to what they'd like Gase to do in this situation, being as specific as possible?

What can Gase do today in this situation, nothing - clearly the team's best player has a big enough issue with the organization as a whole to go through this.  Maybe his is who Jamal is - or maybe he truly hates losing, sees something we dont see and feels this is the right way to go about it, none of us know.

But what I do know is that just like Eric Mangini, who after his second HC stint has never sniffed another HC job and has barely coached at all since he was fired, Gates hasn't accomplished nearly enough to act like he does.  You need to find a way to connect with the players and get them to believe in you - Belichick isnt actually a jerk, he acts that way in the media because hes earned the right to.  He may cut or trade players but he gets them to buy into his disciplined approach because he is actually a leader.  His style doesnt work for the McDaniels, Mangini's or the Gase's because its fake tough.

Gase is a HC who is so detached from the defense and special teams DURING the games, that he actually gave Dowell Loggins the responsibility of the challenge flag so that he doesnt have to worry about that.  Why did he do that....so he can focus exclusively on the offense.  That offense, aside from a single season, has underachieved every year he has been a HC, he doesnt seem to make many in game adjustments or attack a teams weakness (Cincy game last year is a perfect example) and players that he coached have gone on to excel with other organizations.  

Off the field he clashed with both players and management prior to coming here and then within months, got the GM who hired him fired (Thankfully for us - but the pattern fits).

A coach has 3 areas of importance - gameplanning and in game adjustments for one side of the ball, manage the locker room, and properly evaluate talent to assist in both drafting and designing a scheme to fit what your players are good at.  (Yes - you can be a "CEO type" coach like John Harbough, but you have to then excel at the roster/in game stuff, which he does, and then hire good coordinators, which he also does, but its rare).  So you can talk about "player development" or call someone a QB guru or "film junkie", but those are buzz words - so my question is which of the above 3 areas does Gase excel at?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gregg Williams had injuries, bad management, lack of talent and got the defense to drag this teams ass to all those wins at the end of the year you give credit to gase for.

Gregg showed he was a good coach by getting something out of little.

Gase showed and has showed the last 4 years that he cannot get anything out of offenses.

If you're going to give credit to Gregg Williams for the defense then you need to criticize Dowell Loggains for the offense. 

If you're going to slam Adam Gase for the offense then you need to praise Adam Gase for the defense.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What can Gase do today in this situation, nothing - clearly the team's best player has a big enough issue with the organization as a whole to go through this.  Maybe his is who Jamal is - or maybe he truly hates losing, sees something we dont see and feels this is the right way to go about it, none of us know.

But what I do know is that just like Eric Mangini, who after his second HC stint has never sniffed another HC job and has barely coached at all since he was fired, Gates hasn't accomplished nearly enough to act like he does.  You need to find a way to connect with the players and get them to believe in you - Belichick isnt actually a jerk, he acts that way in the media because hes earned the right to.  He may cut or trade players but he gets them to buy into his disciplined approach because he is actually a leader.  His style doesnt work for the McDaniels, Mangini's or the Gase's because its fake tough.

Gase is a HC who is so detached from the defense and special teams DURING the games, that he actually gave Dowell Loggins the responsibility of the challenge flag so that he doesnt have to worry about that.  Why did he do that....so he can focus exclusively on the offense.  That offense, aside from a single season, has underachieved every year he has been a HC, he doesnt seem to make many in game adjustments or attack a teams weakness (Cincy game last year is a perfect example) and players that he coached have gone on to excel with other organizations.  

Off the field he clashed with both players and management prior to coming here and then within months, got the GM who hired him fired (Thankfully for us - but the pattern fits).

A coach has 3 areas of importance - gameplanning and in game adjustments for one side of the ball, manage the locker room, and properly evaluate talent to assist in both drafting and designing a scheme to fit what your players are good at.  (Yes - you can be a "CEO type" coach like John Harbough, but you have to then excel at the roster/in game stuff, which he does, and then hire good coordinators, which he also does, but its rare).  So you can talk about "player development" or call someone a QB guru or "film junkie", but those are buzz words - so my question is which of the above 3 areas does Gase excel at?

I don't know what areas Gase excels at.  I've only seen him up close coaching a near bottom of the league talent-wise Jets team.  You've added a lot of conjecture and opinions into this narrative that you can't substantiate though.

I don't know if Gase will be a good coach.  I imagine he'll look like one if Joe Douglas does a good job and Sam Darnold gets better.  I imagine he'll look like crap if both of those things don't happen.

None of this changes the fact that Jamal Adams is a whiny bitch who's never actually won anything and who's claim to fame is based on 5 sacks on Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins.  

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Last year, Jets down to their 3rd string quarterback open 0-4.  FIRE GASE!

Last year, Jets finish 6-2 after 1-7.  FIRE GASE!

Last year, Jets finish 7-9 when most predicted they'd be 6-10.  FIRE GASE!

This year, Jets are predicted to go 6-10.  IF NO PLAYOFFS FIRE GASE!

I'd say this is getting old, but it's too funny to let go.  Keep it up!

SAR I

I wasn't saying fire Gase last year..  He sucked quite a bit at times but I maintained he deserves at least a full year with a semblance of a healthy roster before he's ousted.  This is his year.

If they finish 8-8 or worse and there's more talk of disharmony he should be booted out of Florham Park post-haste.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you're going to give credit to Gregg Williams for the defense then you need to criticize Dowell Loggains for the offense. 

If you're going to slam Adam Gase for the offense then you need to praise Adam Gase for the defense.

SAR I

1459BD25-3CD3-4E9D-881A-8CB272DA94A6.gif

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

I wasn't saying fire Gase last year..  He sucked quite a bit at times but I maintained he deserves at least a full year with a semblance of a healthy roster before he's ousted.  This is his year.

If they finish 8-8 or worse and there's more talk of disharmony he should be booted out of Florham Park post-haste.

Where is the talk of disharmony sir

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What?  LOL

Loggains is a figure head on offense.  Gase runs the show just like rex had a figure head DC and Bowles had a figure head DC.

Gase runs the show on offense, Williams runs the show on defense.

The defense with injured and little talent cobbles together a middle of the pack performance.

the offense which is Gases thing is dead last in the league, dead stinking last.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Pac said:

The clock is ticking for Gase..  playoffs or adios.

Remember when Pac said no way Macc would get fired and then it happened?  And then Pac directed his anger at ownership?

Remember when we said Adams would cause trouble and Pac said no way and then Adams demanded a trade with 2 years left on his deal?

I guess you have a new scapegoat to deal with such levels of wrongness.  

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What?  LOL

Loggains is a figure head on offense.  Gase runs the show just like rex had a figure head DC and Bowles had a figure head DC.

Gase runs the show on offense, Williams runs the show on defense.

The defense with injured and little talent cobbles together a middle of the pack performance.

the offense which is Gases thing is dead last in the league, dead stinking last.

1) You can't hold the head coach accountable for the offense and let him off the hook for the defense.  Gase is the head coach.  The entire team is his responsibility and he gets credit for the good on D just as much as he takes his lumps for the bad on O. 

2) One of Gase's best decisions was to hire Gregg WIlliams as his defensive coordinator.  You can't disregard this just because it doesn't fit with your hate narrative.

3) Run the numbers for the last 8 games thanks.

SAR I

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

All fair points, but with everyone involved day-to-day, Gase comes across as a guy whose personality would be most likely to clash with Adams' narcissism.

Think Gase has a problem with it?

Imagine what Gregg Williams is thinking right now.  

12 hours ago, Arsis said:

Gase doesn't care about what? The contract negotiation? That's not his job.

It's interesting that Adams' camp isn't directing their anger at Joe Douglas, whereas the remaining Adams' fanboys on JN are. 

Probably because JD hasn't done a thing wrong in all of this, and Adams' camp knows it.  Douglas won't stand for it, and they'd be barking up the wrong tree there.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's always a good idea to latch on to everything Antonio Cromartie says. He has displayed great judgment in his life.......

Pac once posted an article written by a 13-year old to promote his pro-Rex Ryan opinions.  He has no shame in supporting anyone who even remotely shares his opinions.

12 hours ago, slats said:

The only people who don't clash with narcissists are the people who suck up to them. This is probably why Jamal Adams is struggling to find anyone relevant to help take up his cause. Not seeing a single teammate come out for him. Not even any, "sources close to the Jets," or other such anonymous, chicken-**** nonsense. Nothing. Silence. 

Really not buying the idea that Antonio Cromartie gives him any credibility at all.  

Successful narcissists are smart.  They use Machiavellian techniques to manipulate people.

Adams is not on this level.  Thus he isn't having much success.

11 hours ago, chirorob said:

Strongly disagree.

He is staying out of contract negotiations, that's what he should do.   If he came out and said Adam's is an unbelievable talent and a game changer, it puts leverage on Adam's side.

Gase is staying out of it, and letting the gm do his job.

Exactly what Rex Ryan would do.....And DID do.....during negotiations.  

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

You're right, I don't think HC should involve themselves or posit their feelings in contract situations that lie with the GM.

On the other hand, many on here enjoy pegging Gase as the real puppet master behind decisions - so which one is it? 

I dont know but there's a side of me that tells me we sometimes give coaches, especially a Gase level coach too much pull and power within an organization.  I can see the part where you point out problems with a Maccagnan but personnel decisions?  I dont see it to the degree we want to make it at times

• Upvote 1

All of the evidence continues to show why Gase was such a bad hire.  You Gase lovers, which seems to be the majority here, continue to make bad argument after bad argument to protect this guy...and taken on their own each would be some what rationale- BUT....when you look at the aggregate of his tenure as a HC it is VERY clear he’s not just a bad X’s and O’s Coach but he’s terrible at people management as well.

This was a bad hire from the start and the sooner ownership comes to the conclusion (I suspect they may already have) the sooner we can move on - right now this franchise is essentially being held hostage.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

1) You can't hold the head coach accountable for the offense and let him off the hook for the defense.  Gase is the head coach.  The entire team is his responsibility and he gets credit for the good on D just as much as he takes his lumps for the bad on O. 

2) One of Gase's best decisions was to hire Gregg WIlliams as his defensive coordinator.  You can't disregard this just because it doesn't fit with your hate narrative.

3) Run the numbers for the last 8 games thanks.

SAR I

This would be the case on a normal team with a normal coaching infrastructure, but not here.  Gase has clearly stated multiple times that he has nothing to do with the defense nor does he want anything to do with it.

You go to the games, so you can see the sidelines.  Where is Gase when the defense is on the field?  Is he watching the game, looking at field position, challenging potential plays? Nope - he sits with Sam on the sideline going over the iPad. 

If you want to give him credit for hiring Gregg Williams, that makes sense, it was his hire and has worked out well.  But after that he can be criticized for the offense as he is the play designer and play caller.  Its very simple

14 hours ago, BCJet said:

Greg Williams should have been the HC!!

And the Jets could have still had Adams Gase as their OC!!!

No one else in the NFL wanted Adam Gase as their HC!!

No One!!

He is the HC now so I want Gase to succeed but we let’s be honest about what happened during that “search”.  

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No One!!

He is the HC now so I want Gase to succeed but we let’s be honest about what happened during that “search”.  

As much as I hate Gase and think he sucks it’s good that Sam doesn’t have to learn a new playbook 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No One!!

Gregg Williams should've been the Browns head coach. I don't know what they were thinking. The Jets were always going to hire an offensive-minded coach this time around, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, BCJet said:

This would be the case on a normal team with a normal coaching infrastructure, but not here.  Gase has clearly stated multiple times that he has nothing to do with the defense nor does he want anything to do with it.

Or this is just a public persona designed to give a deserved spotlight to ex-head-coach Gregg Williams.

You go to the games, so you can see the sidelines.  Where is Gase when the defense is on the field?  Is he watching the game, looking at field position, challenging potential plays? Nope - he sits with Sam on the sideline going over the iPad. 

Certainly Gase is focused on his 22 year old quarterback, as he should be this early in his development.  But I've been to practices too and Gase is engaged with the defense.  This isn't a team led by two coordinators.  We have an OC and a DC and a HC and they each have their roles.

If you want to give him credit for hiring Gregg Williams, that makes sense, it was his hire and has worked out well.  But after that he can be criticized for the offense as he is the play designer and play caller.  Its very simple

Yes, hiring Gregg Williams isn't discussed enough, it is one of the best decisions by a head coach in New Jersey since the 90's.  

How can you criticize the 2019 season at all? 

How can you criticize a 1-7 start with a third string quarterback, injury decimation, and mononucleosis? 

How can you criticize a 6-2 finish after the demoralizing start, with a QB getting his strength back, with the worst OL in the NFL?

How can you criticize 7-9 under those circumstances when almost every pundit and prognosticator felt before the season started that we were going to be 6-10?

The 2019 season was great for Adam Gase.  He proved a bunch of very important things for a young HC.  The most important being keeping the team from imploding, motivating them, and finding a way to win 6 out of his last 8 games against all odds.  He's battle-tested, strong enough for New York, with a healthy team and a few drafts we are going to be in great shape.

SAR I