Former Jet Says Gase “Doesn’t Care” in Addressing Jamal Adams Saga

36 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No one else in the NFL wanted Adam Gase as their HC!!

No One!!

For the first time since Bill Parcells, and only for the third time since 1970, the Jets actually hired a) an experienced head coach from b) the offensive side of the ball.

I would rather we take a chance with Adam Gase on his second gig than do the SOJ move of hiring a coordinator, another raw rookie, and let him cut his teeth in the crazy New York fishbowl market.  I can't take another Walt Michaels, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, or Todd Bowles.  That's 38 years of rookie head coaches.  Almost my entire existence as a fan has been a bunch of horrible rookies.  Thank God Christopher Johnson sees it differently and values experience.

We've already seen the benefit of Gase's experience.  No way a rookie HC survives last year because after 1-7 that rookie would go 2-6.  Gase went 6-2 and restored order to a Bowles lockerroom, fixed the culture, has coaches that don't want to leave, has players that believe in him.  That's massive.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

For the first time since Bill Parcells, and only for the third time since 1970, the Jets actually hired a) an experienced head coach from b) the offensive side of the ball.

I would rather we take a chance with Adam Gase on his second gig than do the SOJ move of hiring a coordinator, another raw rookie, and let him cut his teeth in the crazy New York fishbowl market.  I can't take another Walt Michaels, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, or Todd Bowles.  That's 38 years of rookie head coaches.  Almost my entire existence as a fan has been a bunch of horrible rookies.  Thank God Christopher Johnson sees it differently and values experience.

We've already seen the benefit of Gase's experience.  No way a rookie HC survives last year because after 1-7 that rookie would go 2-6.  Gase went 6-2 and restored order to a Bowles lockerroom, fixed the culture, has coaches that don't want to leave, has players that believe in him.  That's massive.

SAR I

i am in on Gase man. First non wishy washy coach we have had since big Tuna.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am in on Gase man. First non wishy washy coach we have had since big Tuna.

Takes no crap.  Has a specific point of view.  Doesn't waffle.  Can motivate a group of men.  Can keep a team together through adversity.  Is developing Sam Darnold into a franchise quarterback.  Has experienced veterans and new players singing his praises.  Has restored a professional culture in Florham Park.

That's a great first year.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Takes no crap.  Has a specific point of view.  Doesn't waffle.  Can motivate a group of men.  Can keep a team together through adversity.  Is developing Sam Darnold into a franchise quarterback.  Has experienced veterans and new players singing his praises.  Has restored a professional culture in Florham Park.

That's a great first year.

SAR I

Two very good post but you could have save the time and said,"Antonio Cromartie wut?" 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

All of the evidence continues to show why Gase was such a bad hire.  You Gase lovers, which seems to be the majority here, continue to make bad argument after bad argument to protect this guy...and taken on their own each would be some what rationale- BUT....when you look at the aggregate of his tenure as a HC it is VERY clear he’s not just a bad X’s and O’s Coach but he’s terrible at people management as well.

This was a bad hire from the start and the sooner ownership comes to the conclusion (I suspect they may already have) the sooner we can move on - right now this franchise is essentially being held hostage.

There has been no evidence of anything about him being a bad hire since the end of the season, which ended on a high note.  

No one is defending him or protecting him

You though seem to be trying to conduct a one man campaign, complaining about imaginary issues 

• Upvote 2

What is Gase supposed to do, get involved and screw up JDs negotiations with a player?  Really?
Excuses and mindless misinformation from Deep thinking Antonio Cromartie.
Shocking.   

Agreed. This stuff is just dumb sometimes.

How ya feeling man? I was thinking about you this morning.
I’ve been in the mountains with no service for a while. I hope you’re coming around the mountain

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed. This stuff is just dumb sometimes.

How ya feeling man? I was thinking about you this morning.
I’ve been in the mountains with no service for a while. I hope you’re coming around the mountain

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s weird.  In a lot of ways I feel back to normal but still I’m tired too much of the day and just feel run down.  But hey, could have been a lot worse.  

Thanks again, stay safe, this was and is a bitch

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Jet Nut said:

It’s weird.  In a lot of ways I feel back to normal but still I’m tired too much of the day and just feel run down.  But hey, could have been a lot worse.  

Thanks again, stay safe, this was and is a bitch

Thats really good to hear man.  Hey, as we age our recovery time is getting slower and slower as it is. I'm sure that[s all youre really dealing with. lol

All seriousness. I'm genuinely happy to hear you're on the mend buddy. 

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thats really good to hear man.  Hey, as we age our recovery time is getting slower and slower as it is. I'm sure that[s all youre really dealing with. lol

All seriousness. I'm genuinely happy to hear you're on the mend buddy. 

I saw a different Dr. yesterday and he said given my age and the fact that COVID and the sepsis from it that patience is needed

Thanks buddy, glad to be back, appreciate it so much

• Upvote 3

On 6/24/2020 at 12:40 PM, Jet Nut said:

There has been no evidence of anything about him being a bad hire since the end of the season, which ended on a high note.  

No one is defending him or protecting him

You though seem to be trying to conduct a one man campaign, complaining about imaginary issues 

yeah it's a bit over the top.  ANd the players seem to like Gase contrary to the opinions of a select few.

• Upvote 1

With all the recent talk of new uniforms and new brands.  How about a new uniform, name and logo for the Jets.  Simply call them the NY JAMALS.  New helmet logo will be a caricature of Jamal, himself...  Of course, before this is done, JD has to do the right thing and give Jamal a 5 year $100,000,000 contract with $120,000,000 guaranteed plus incentives...

Good ???

One thing I like and respect about Gase is his in or out approach with players.

if you aren’t on board get off... if he ever turns out to be a good coach with Xs and Os his attitude is what the hall of fame coaches have

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, JetNation said:

Cromartie has been in contact with Adams to find out of there’s more to his situation than meets the eye, and without getting too specific, Adams is insinuating through Cromartie that that’s exactly what’s going on.

Click here to read the full story...

I feel less intelligent having read this sentence.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

yeah it's a bit over the top.  ANd the players seem to like Gase contrary to the opinions of a select few.

Too much as made over a couple of players who mouthed off about him at the end of Miami.  You have to look at the situation.  Landry wanted to be the top paid WR and Gase rightfully didnt want to pay that much for a slot WR.  He was right too given Landrys work in Cleveland.  Ajayi was a problem, had a problem with everyone.  

Players, lots of them, bitched and moaned about Parcells after he led them to the SB and left for the Jets.  No one complains about all the players who hated Parcells.

Youre right, it all was over the top.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:03 AM, Jet Nut said:

What is Gase supposed to do, get involved and screw up JDs negotiations with a player?  Really?

Excuses and mindless misinformation from Deep thinking Antonio Cromartie.

Shocking.   

Okay this made me laugh pretty hard 

• Haha 1