2020 NY Yankees

Philc1

The Yankees are proud to say, and deservedly so, that their goal every year is to win the World series. Everything else is a failure. They spare no expense,from top to bottom, to achieve  this goal. That said, isn't it time Cashman and his collection of basement nerd analytic dopes are shown the door? Name me one front office that has done less with so much more?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, section314 said:

The Yankees are proud to say, and deservedly so, that their goal every year is to win the World series. Everything else is a failure. They spare no expense,from top to bottom, to achieve  this goal. That said, isn't it time Cashman and his collection of basement nerd analytic dopes are shown the door? Name me one front office that has done less with so much more?

I don’t know about getting rid of Cashman but the analytics bullsh*t is getting old. When the Rays play 4 outfielders we should be able to bunt the ball down the third base line for an easy single. That fact that we can’t do that goes to show that these guys can’t play baseball. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t know about getting rid of Cashman but the analytics bullsh*t is getting old. When the Rays play 4 outfielders we should be able to bunt the ball down the third base line for an easy single. That fact that we can’t do that goes to show that these guys can’t play baseball. 

The Rays are using analytics when they play 4 OF.  There's nothing wrong with analytics, it's just that some teams aren't adjusting to strategies used against them.  To counter their analytics bunt down the 3rd base line when they go 4 OF, when they don't swing away.

1 hour ago, adb280z said:

The Rays are using analytics when they play 4 OF.  There's nothing wrong with analytics, it's just that some teams aren't adjusting to strategies used against them.  To counter their analytics bunt down the 3rd base line when they go 4 OF, when they don't swing away.

Bunting with 4 infielders is not as good of a play as "hitting where they aint". Most time that defense is employed with infielders positioned on the pull side (most often against lefties with the infield pulled  on the right side). Go the other way with authority.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:30 AM, section314 said:

Cashman is going nowhere.

This team only has 2 years left in this current window.  I wonder what happens next.  They should resign LeMaheiu

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

So did the Mets, to be fair.

I'm not here to bash the Mets, but they finished 8 games under .500.   The Yankees were 6 games over, knocked off the Indians, and just gave the team with the best record in the American League all they could handle.  Acting like the Yankees have to blow it all up and change the way they do things is ridiculous. 

The covid scheduling didn't do the Yankees any favors with the back-to-backs.  Give a little time off between games and the Yankees might have looked much better.  Cole gave up one hit.  I question taking him out, but give him the extra day or two of rest for the travel days and think about it.  Tanaka always needs to be handled.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not here to bash the Mets, but they finished 8 games under .500.   The Yankees were 6 games over, knocked off the Indians, and just gave the team with the best record in the American League all they could handle.  Acting like the Yankees have to blow it all up and change the way they do things is ridiculous. 

The covid scheduling didn't do the Yankees any favors with the back-to-backs.  Give a little time off between games and the Yankees might have looked much better.  Cole gave up one hit.  I question taking him out, but give him the extra day or two of rest for the travel days and think about it.  Tanaka always needs to be handled.  

Fair points, but the Mets replaced guys like Syndegaard and Stroman with Porcello, Wacha and Matz, not Happ and Garcia. You give me those two guys, plus Jake, the Mets might still be playing. Cole is a warrior, he has that old time mentality. You let him stay in and let your best guy win/lose it. These numbers geeks that Cashman loves have ruined the Yankees.

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Fair points, but the Mets replaced guys like Syndegaard and Stroman with Porcello, Wacha and Matz, not Happ and Garcia. You give me those two guys, plus Jake, the Mets might still be playing. Cole is a warrior, he has that old time mentality. You let him stay in and let your best guy win/lose it. These numbers geeks that Cashman loves have ruined the Yankees.

Like I said, I'm not here to bash the Mets.  That being said, you want Happ?  You can have him.

• Haha 2

On 10/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, #27TheDominator said:

The injuries have got to stop at some point.  Next year is 162 games the Yankees can’t keep having injury fests and always expect playoffs 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This, in a nutshell, is kind of why I can’t get into baseball anymore

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

This, in a nutshell, is kind of why I can’t get into baseball anymore

It's boring

Guy gets on 1st base, you know he isn't stealing.   Pitchers get praise for striking out 12 men per 9 innings, but no one cares if a hitter strikes out.  Well, which is it, do strikeouts matter or no?

So many ABs take 5 minutes, and either it's a K or a walk, nothing happens.   All of a sudden, a pitcher throwing well gets pulled because the lineup has seen him two times already.

36 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It's boring

Guy gets on 1st base, you know he isn't stealing.   Pitchers get praise for striking out 12 men per 9 innings, but no one cares if a hitter strikes out.  Well, which is it, do strikeouts matter or no?

So many ABs take 5 minutes, and either it's a K or a walk, nothing happens.   All of a sudden, a pitcher throwing well gets pulled because the lineup has seen him two times already.

100%. A ******* snooze fest every game. They completely destroyed the game over selling the HR imo. There’s no movement, no nuance. Just a complete ******* strategic bore

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

100%. A ******* snooze fest every game. They completely destroyed the game over selling the HR imo. There’s no movement, no nuance. Just a complete ******* strategic bore

It's like watching an over 35 men's slow pitch softball game. Only thing missing are the kegs on the field.?

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...