Jump to content

I love Jamal and I don't care what he says


Recommended Posts

I think when you break down all of the numbers from last year it's clear that Adams has a significant impact on the team and statistically speaking I think we win 1-3 games less without him last year when you look at all of the conventional and advanced metrics. That said I think the Jets have so much experience with guys of his personality and instances like the way this has played out; every single time the Jets have paid the guy it works out poorly. Think about how bad the Wilkerson deal turned out for the Jets, and we didn't even know he was that type of guy. I am a huge fan of the fact that Douglas let Anderson walk and letting Adams go at this point is probably for the best. The Jets are so beyond overdue for a complete culture change and I don't think that's going to happen with Adams on the roster at this point.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Let's be honest, I could produce an animated video carefully breaking all of this down for you, with graphs and spreadsheets and all, accompanied by a massage personally paid for by Adams himself, and you would still feel this way. 

And just to be clear we're in the same boat here. I think Adams is a colossal jackbag as well. His tweets last year about public school teachers were appalling and I hate rooting for him.

It is true that I house and nurture obsessive targeted hatreds towards particular entities and I’m not open to hearing evidence that might change my mind, generally. *BUT* to say he’s worth three wins to a team was pretty hyperbolic and I want you to withdraw the statement and repent

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It is true that I house and nurture obsessive targeted hatreds towards particular entities and I’m not open to hearing evidence that might change my mind, generally. *BUT* to say he’s worth three wins to a team was pretty hyperbolic and I want you to withdraw the statement and repent

Search function. I've posted about this in multiple threads over the last year. I don't think there is any other way to interpret the numbers. Believe me, I'd like to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think when you break down all of the numbers from last year it's clear that Adams has a significant impact on the team and statistically speaking I think we win 1-3 games less without him last year when you look at all of the conventional and advanced metrics. That said I think the Jets have so much experience with guys of his personality and instances like the way this has played out; every single time the Jets have paid the guy it works out poorly. Think about how bad the Wilkerson deal turned out for the Jets, and we didn't even know he was that type of guy. I am a huge fan of the fact that Douglas let Anderson walk and letting Adams go at this point is probably for the best. The Jets are so beyond overdue for a complete culture change and I don't think that's going to happen with Adams on the roster at this point.

What 3 games do the Jets not win last year without Jamal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

Now that's a different situation entirely.  Let me think about that.

SAR I

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't just money related, he completely wants off the team.  The relationship is unrepairable at this point.  There is no way you can bring him back into that locker room. Trade him to the highest bidder. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Alka said:

My take on Jamal situation is different.  I don't mind that he is complaining about his contract.  He believes he has outplayed it, and he has.  Yes, I don't like the talk of him wanting to leave the Jets, but the Jets aren't trading him, so what he says doesn't mean much to me.  I wish we all didn't spend as much time on Jamal as we do, but that is something that we are all guilty of, so it is what it is.

1. I expect when the season starts, he will be on the field giving it 100%.

2. I expect that Jamal will support his teammates and do everything he can to win.

3. I expect that after the season, Jamal will get his contract and he will be happy.

4. No one will offer a trade for Jamal what he is worth to the Jets, so it just won't happen.

Let's face it; the Jets have sucked, and a guy like Jamal wants to win badly, so his displeasure does not bother me.  The organization needs to step it up so that Jamal and other players on the team want to play for the Jets, and if this happens, everything will work out.  The Jets have made the first step to making this a reality, by focusing on the offensive line and having a positive draft and after draft.  Win, and people will want to come to work.  Lose, and the only way to get players to come to the Jets is by overpaying them. Example- Moseley.

I admire your courage.

However I’m hoping you’ve locked your doors, and barricades are in place.

Lots of water, canned goods and non perishables on hand to get you through the oncoming sh*t storm.

There are some of us who agree with you, and we’ll try to get word to you when it’s safe to come out again.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

Yeah, but I assume that you have an emotional attachment to your wife, and I assume she feels the same way as you do.  Plus, I further assume that your relationship didn't start over how much money she would get, and I will assume that you didn't draft her from a group of women.  If you did, then I admit that I am wrong.  

In the real world though, there are women that would leave their husband if they continued to lose and not do the right things to be successful.  Jamal is looking for a divorce, because the team has not provided up until now a healthy marriage.  Now, if Jamal's family won the lottery and he had millions of dollars, then maybe Jamal wouldn't want a divorce anymore. 

Do you see where I am going with this?  Because if you do, "Can you please explain it to me?"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I admire your courage.

However I’m hoping you’ve locked your doors, and barricades are in place.

Lots of water, canned goods and non perishables on hand to get you through the oncoming sh*t storm.

There are some of us who agree with you, and we’ll try to get word to you when it’s safe to come out again.

New name, huh? LOL 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Search function. I've posted about this in multiple threads over the last year. I don't think there is any other way to interpret the numbers. Believe me, I'd like to.

Because my mind is like a steel trap, I never use this “search function” you speak of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

Sounds like your wife over performed her marriage contract.  You probably should have renegiotated or traded her outright.  

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I hate the Jets.  I've been a fan since 1965 and with a couple of exceptions they have mostly sucked the life out of me.  If I could trade my fannyness to another team I would do it in a heartbeat.  There's no UFA for fans.  Jamal you don't know how lucky you got it.  In 2 or 3 years you can get out of here clean.  I'm a lifer.  

I respect JA for hating the Jets.  It's one of his best qualities not related to actually playing.  I hope he continues to be disgruntled and underpaid.  If we had more players who hated playing for the Jets at an all pro level we might have a better team and it would suck less to be a fan.

I'm very happy we have a GM and a HC who aren't loved by the players.  If I have to hate the Jets my favorite players hating the Jets is like a cherry on top.  We're finally heading in the right direction.  We actually have players good enough to care enough to hate the jets as much as I do.  

 

 

This might be my favorite post.

By anybody.

Ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Sounds like your wife over performed her marriage contract.  You probably should have renegiotated or traded her outright.  

"20 dicks a night per week or I'm requesting a trade. LUV!" were her final words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Alka said:

Yeah, but I assume that you have an emotional attachment to your wife, and I assume she feels the same way as you do.  Plus, I further assume that your relationship didn't start over how much money she would get, and I will assume that you didn't draft her from a group of women.  If you did, then I admit that I am wrong.  

In the real world though, there are women that would leave their husband if they continued to lose and not do the right things to be successful.  Jamal is looking for a divorce, because the team has not provided up until now a healthy marriage.  Now, if Jamal's family won the lottery and he had millions of dollars, then maybe Jamal wouldn't want a divorce anymore. 

Do you see where I am going with this?  Because if you do, "Can you please explain it to me?"

 

"Cheating was the only thing left to do!  You weren't LISTENING to me anymore!!!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I have no issue with some fans loving Jamal.  That’s your right.  I don’t hate the guy but I hate his behavior.  I also hate how he never talks about the team.  I understand all players want to get paid but I’ve never seen a guy seperate himself from the team like he does.  It reminds me of Terrell Owens over 15 years ago.  
 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Which of his 61 solo tackles and seven PDs would you consider the most season-altering? Because the team was 1-7 with a healthy Adams doing absolutely nothing to change sh*t last year
Tom where were you when Jamal Jesse James the ball away from Daniel Jones last year... or when he shut out gronk in the end zone twice in one series?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole situation has been great for reaffirming my opinion of posters I already have a low opinion of.😂

Yeah sure you think I suck as much as I think you suck, but at least I'm not one of the ones still D***-riding Jamal and attempting to defend him during an indefensible episode in his "illustrious" "Future HOF" career.

Sure I never really liked him partly because I never wanted a safety in the 1st round and partly because I think he's an unlikeable d-bag.

Yeah I think if you are still with this guy it's probably because you see a little bit of yourself in him and are in fact a d-bag yourself.

I'm loving the full "heel" turn for Jamal and how it's leaving his fanboys grasping for straws.

You guys do you.

michael scott wink GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

Need pics

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

This whole situation has been great for reaffirming my opinion of posters I already have a low opinion of.😂

Yeah sure you think I suck as much as I think you suck, but at least I'm not one of the ones still D***-riding Jamal and attempting to defend him during an indefensible episode in his "illustrious" "Future HOF" career.

Sure I never really liked him partly because I never wanted a safety in the 1st round and partly because I think he's an unlikeable d-bag.

Yeah I think if you are still with this guy it's probably because you see a little bit of yourself in him and are in fact a d-bag yourself.

I'm loving the full "heel" turn for Jamal and how it's leaving his fanboys grasping for straws.

You guys do you.

michael scott wink GIF

I really don't feel like defending what I said, but you are not getting 100% what I am saying.  First of all, I don't think you suck because you have a different opinion than I do.  You can have whatever opinion you want; it makes no difference to me.

If I was a real defender of Jamal, I would say that we should "give in" and trade him for whatever we can get, and let Jamal continue his career somewhere else.

I'm not saying that at all,  I'm saying the exact opposite.  I don't like getting "shaken down" by someone and not get proper value in return.  Since I won't get proper value in return, you keep the player.  Does the player have a legitimate point about being underpaid?  I say yes he does. 

So what? Do players want to come to the Jets if the Jets suck year after year?  No, they do not want to play here.  And to come here they want more money.  

I'm just stating a reality, at least the way I see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Alka said:

I really don't feel like defending what I said, but you are not getting 100% what I am saying.  First of all, I don't think you suck because you have a different opinion than I do.  You can have whatever opinion you want; it makes no difference to me.

If I was a real defender of Jamal, I would say that we should "give in" and trade him for whatever we can get, and let Jamal continue his career somewhere else.

I'm not saying that at all,  I'm saying the exact opposite.  I don't like getting "shaken down" by someone and not get proper value in return.  Since I won't get proper value in return, you keep the player.  Does the player have a legitimate point about being underpaid?  I say yes he does. 

So what? Do players want to come to the Jets if the Jets suck year after year?  No, they do not want to play here.  And to come here they want more money.  

I'm just stating a reality, at least the way I see it.

Am I losing it....

Last I checked the thread was titled "I love Jamal and I don't care what he says"

So you're not defending him.... But you "love" him.

Yes I read your post .... A lot of SOJF sentiments about our losing culture etc. If Jamal is the leader he pretended to be he would be trying to effectively change that culture, he is not. You talk about him being underpaid, that's a joke the dude hasn't finished out his rookie contract (4 years $22.25 Mil not exactly UDFA money)and is looking for his next payday already.

Look, I'm really just reveling in the fact that Jamal has proven himself to be more in line with the egomaniacal manchild  I saw him as rather than the image of what his fanclub saw him as.

I'm reveling in the loss of a fake hero. 

I'm reveling in the pain and confusion of his "fans" as he reaches nuclear levels of petulance.

I'm reveling in the pain of others caused by the immaturity of a professional athlete and that makes me a dick. I can admit that. Even if I'm a dick I'm pretty sure I'm right Jamallpro Adams.

I appreciate that you don't think I suck. ;-) I think I suck enough for the both of us.

I really don't think that you suck. You are a fed up fan of our much maligned team just like I am. 

I do think Jamal Adams sucks and I have no respect for him whatsoever. I cannot wait for a time when he is no longer in Green and White and I can actively root against him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the last you'll ever hear from me about Jamal Adams. Really good player would love to keep him around. Complete loudmouth p**** who thinks he's more than he is.

In case you didn't notice he just embarrassed the living s*** out of this entire franchise and all of its fans!?

He loves being a superstar. I don't like guys like him. I don't want him on this team. F*** Jamal Adams and I hope his father slaps him in his face. He's a punk.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

"I don't care that my wife cheated on me with 6 different neighbors while I was out on deployment, she's really hot and it would be really hard for me to find someone that hot ever again."

there,there jodi

Link to post
Share on other sites
Which of his 61 solo tackles and seven PDs would you consider the most season-altering? Because the team was 1-7 with a healthy Adams doing absolutely nothing to change sh*t last year
Almost certain we would have lost the game vs the Giants last year if not for Adams. I am not happy with the way he is acting right now either but I can atleast respect that he is talented. Sorry he was not the guy you wanted and not the position you wanted but he does possess game changing talent and that is non debatable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...