All Things Alcohol

Like the title says this thread is for all things related to alcohol.

Whether you want to post a picture of your liquor collection, debate the best beer, or share a favorite cocktail recipe this is the thread!

Cheers!  :cheers:

So to kick things off I found out the other day that Igloo is selling a "Throwback Collection" where the products are in their 90s style. This includes a 2 gallon "barrel of fun" which is great to throw a bunch of alcohol and juices together for some kind of party punch. Unfortunately it looks like it's already sold out lol. It was available just yesterday. Oh well. The mini cooler and picnic basket is still available if anyone cares. Maybe they'll get more of the barrel of funs in stock later.

00042250_front_2000x.jpg?v=1592535204

https://www.igloocoolers.com/products/retro-barrel-of-fun

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nolder said:

So to kick things off I found out the other day that Igloo is selling a "Throwback Collection" where the products are in their 90s style. This includes a 2 gallon "barrel of fun" which is great to throw a bunch of alcohol and juices together for some kind of party punch. Unfortunately it looks like it's already sold out lol. It was available just yesterday. Oh well. The mini cooler and picnic basket is still available if anyone cares. Maybe they'll get more of the barrel of funs in stock later.

Wow, to be young again! Making grain alcohol "jungle juice" in the bathtub of the dorm in undergrad! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

This cooler is great for " Hop , Skip and Run Naked " . It consists of 1 liter of the cheapest vodka you can find , 6 cans of the cheapest beer that you can find and 6 cans of frozen pink lemonade . Mix all the ingredients in the cooler with a 6 pound bag of ice . Let ferment for one hour . Time to drink . Tastes just like lemonade but it has quite a kick . The title comes from someone who drank it all afternoon and then hopped , skipped and ran naked through the park . 

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This cooler is great for " Hop , Skip and Run Naked " . It consists of 1 liter of the cheapest vodka you can find , 6 cans of the cheapest beer that you can find and 6 cans of frozen pink lemonade . Mix all the ingredients in the cooler with a 6 pound bag of ice . Let ferment for one hour . Time to drink . Tastes just like lemonade but it has quite a kick . The title comes from someone who drank it all afternoon and then hopped , skipped and ran naked through the park . 

I've never mixed beer and liquor in the same drink before...is that even healthy? Will you die??

Was so pumped to try this.. heard it was a great sipping Rye Whiskey, sells out rather quickly etc.  Well.. bought it and simply can't drink it. Reminds me of a BAD night of southern comfort when I was 16.  It is high quality... just doesn't work for me.   I'll stay with my scotch.

angel_s-envy-rye-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Was so pumped to try this.. heard it was a great sipping Rye Whiskey, sells out rather quickly etc.  Well.. bought it and simply can't drink it. Reminds me of a BAD night of southern comfort when I was 16.  It is high quality... just doesn't work for me.   I'll stay with my scotch.

angel_s-envy-rye-1.jpg

Southern comfort made me puke my brains out when i was 18 . i was brought home in a shopping cart and left on my stoop . Great memories .

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

angel_s-envy-rye-1.jpg

I find the Angels Envy bourbon to be EXTREMELY overrated. It doesn't have a lot going on.

You may also just not be a rye guy? They definitely have a really wide spectrum of flavors and quality. To me, Whistle Pig makes the best rye out there. But I stick to the bourbons primarily, Basil Hayden is my go to.

36 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I find the Angels Envy bourbon to be EXTREMELY overrated. It doesn't have a lot going on.

You may also just not be a rye guy? They definitely have a really wide spectrum of flavors and quality. To me, Whistle Pig makes the best rye out there. But I stick to the bourbons primarily, Basil Hayden is my go to.

Agreed... I'm just not a RYE guy. Give me a stiff Scotch anyday!

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

angel_s-envy-rye-1.jpg

^^^That stuff is nasty and way overpriced.

I love both rye and scotch whiskey.

In my opinion while some of these new fangled whiskeys offered are nice I dont see the need to reinvent the wheel.

For rye on rocks or neat just give me my Crown Royal. Honestly havent found any of the new ones that are any better.

For whiskey cocktails VO or Old Overholt both make delicious drinks.

For scotch I am perfectly happy with Dewars and water or I can dig a Chivas neat. If it aint broke.......

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

^^^That stuff is nasty and way overpriced.

I love both rye and scotch whiskey.

In my opinion while some of these new fangled whiskeys offered are nice I dont see the need to reinvent the wheel.

For rye on rocks or neat just give me my Crown Royal. Honestly havent found any of the new ones that are any better.

For whiskey cocktails VO or Old Overholt both make delicious drinks.

For scotch I am perfectly happy with Dewars and water or I can dig a Chivas neat. If it aint broke.......

I LOVE Dewars.....  my go to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Drinking one of my go to Summer beers, Sierra Nevada Torpedo.  Maybe because I lived in Northern CA for a while.   But I love the brews these folks produce, especially their Celebration IPA in Winter.   

sierranevada_torpedoextraipa12oz__51673.

They got bought out by a large company.....  have a plant in Asheville NC as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Midwinter Night's Dram by High West is the best Rye you’ll ever taste.

For Whiskey, give me Hibiki Harmony. It’s a blend, but it’s a perfect blend.

For beers, I’ll take a MegaBoss over a Jai Alai, but a Jai Alai over most else. 

I'd bet they are great but the way I drink whisky I would go broke with those 2.

23 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

angel_s-envy-rye-1.jpg

I agree. I have half a bottle left on my shelf. Mixed it with coke after the first glass. Would not recommend. I think.... @JiF ? Likes it.

Edit: to be fair I don't think I tried the rye version.

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Thoughts on the hard seltzers? I dont have a fancy pallet. I've been mixing the black cherry white claw with coke zero and it's pretty good. I picked up High Noon to try this weekend. Havent had that yet.

I cant stomach those things.  So gross.  You mix it with coke?  Ewwww.

8 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I agree. I have half a bottle left on my shelf. Mixed it with coke after the first glass. Would not recommend. I think.... @JiF ? Likes it.

I like Angles, for sure.  It's not my favorite but it's a good one.   My go to is Basil Hayden.  I've got a bottle of their Rye that is really nice too.  First time trying that...but if I want a Bourbon drink and I'm at a bar 90% of the time I ask for Basil Hayden. 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Breaking this open tonight.   My inlaws Anniversary.

Have You Heard Of This Award Winning Japanese Whisky?

I've never had a Japanese whiskey. Sounds interesting if nothing else.

Let us know how you like it yeah?

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like Angles, for sure.  It's not my favorite but it's a good one.   My go to is Basil Hayden.  I've got a bottle of their Rye that is really nice too.  First time trying that...but if I want a Bourbon drink and I'm at a bar 90% of the time I ask for Basil Hayden. 

I saw you and I think Crusher talking about this. Haven't tried that brand but it's on my list now.

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I've never had a Japanese whiskey. Sounds interesting if nothing else.

Let us know how you like it yeah?

I saw you and I think Crusher talking about this. Haven't tried that brand but it's on my list now.

Just started getting into Japanese whiskeys.  I’ve liked them so far.  I will let you know.  

• Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I mixed it with Ginger Ale for a standard Rye/Ginger and it was fine. Problem for me was that it was touted as a great sipping Whiskey.