Darnold and Sanchez - Workout Buddies

SAR I

I was out in Newport Beach in early December (better times, obviously) and sat next to Sanchez at dinner.   He was with a group of regular guys.  I don’t think he was drinking.  He looked fit, and I was actually surprised at how big he was.  

I always liked Sanchez personally.   Its great that he is training with Sam.  Sam seems to be working hard this season.  He knows that this is his moment of truth. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Two USC QBs working out together on a beach ....

Insert your own punch line.

What does a trolly have to do with the Jets?  Besides, cablecars are a thing in San Francisco, not LA.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What does a trolly have to do with the Jets?  Besides, cablecars are a thing in San Francisco, not LA.

SAR I

Long story, my friend. Let’s just say laughter is good medicine.

I actually started a thread today to explain it so I wouldn’t have to answer each pm asking about it separately.

@southparkcpa

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If I was Chris Johnson, I’d give Sanchez a lifetime ambassador gig. He is, in many ways, the perfect Jet

You're not wrong, If he didn't have the misfortune of having the covid 19 of coaches while he was here, he'd probably still be our QB.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Say what you will about Mark on the field, but off the field the guy is all class.  Never said a word about Rex or Tanny or the others throwing him under the bus.  Never pulled a "look-at-me" Jamal or Darrelle hissyfit either.  Took all the blame (too much, in fact) and stood by his teammates.  And in big games?  In the playoffs?  Better than Namath.

Handled USC and NYC and the postsesaon with aplomb.  Can't think of anyone better for Sam to be mentored by on the off-field stuff.

SAR I

100% agree with his character on and off the field. I also agree that he took blame for way too many things. 

I wasn’t too fond of his playing ability. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We need to get hackenburg in on this, beach and all.

Hackenberg:  [Successfully throws ball into ocean.]

Darnold and Sanchez:  [Both cheer in unison]

Darnold:  "Why are you cheering, Mark?  I've been chasing your sh*t throws down the beach all day."

16 hours ago, Bronx said:

I hope Sanchez is teaching "what not to do" and to keep his head out of other people's asses. 

TAMU7LGRZOZU42I4VQCF56KYTI.jpg

On a broken play, Mark Sanchez was just sliding.  Brandon Moore is the player who didn't do his job, got absolutely de-cleated by Vince Wilfork.  Moore was thrust 2 feet off the ground and 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage into his QB.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

TAMU7LGRZOZU42I4VQCF56KYTI.jpg

On a broken play, Mark Sanchez was just sliding.  Brandon Moore is the player who didn't do his job, got absolutely de-cleated by Vince Wilfork.  Moore was thrust 2 feet off the ground and 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage into his QB.

SAR I

This is total bullsh*t.  Moore actually pushes Wilfork a yard before Sanchez inexplicably runs into the back of him.  Watch the play regular and in slow motion and you will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RIfy-gRa4

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

This is total bullsh*t.  Moore actually pushes Wilfork a yard before Sanchez inexplicably runs into the back of him.  Watch the play regular and in slow motion and you will see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82RIfy-gRa4

You should listen to your own video.  At 0:10 Chris Collingsworth says "I've never seen this before in my life, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback...."

If Brandon Moore does his job, no fumble, no touchdown, no ESPN repeats, no Eyeore teasing at the water cooler.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

You should listen to your own video.  At 0:10 Chris Collingsworth says "I've never seen this before in my life, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback...."

SAR I

I don't need to listen.  Look at the video and tell me you don't see Moore push Wilfork a little before Sanchez runs into him.  If you don't then you are lying.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don't need to listen.  Look at the video and tell me you don't see Moore push Wilfork a little before Sanchez runs into him.  If you don't then you are lying.  

TAMU7LGRZOZU42I4VQCF56KYTI.jpg&key=0a709

I see a quarterback reading a busted play (correct decision), trying to get back to the line of scrimmage to avoid taking a loss (correct decision), and sliding feet first to avoid injury (correct decision).

I see a single offensive lineman being taken to school by his assignment (bad preparation), being thrust up in the air (bad technique), losing his balance (bad footwork), and on one foot falling back directly into the path of his quarterback.

Mark did everything right.  Brandon got handed his lunch.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2