Mt Rushmore of QBs. Name your Top 4 NFL QBs ever.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Any time you talk definitively about someone you never saw play, you are just making stuff up, which is why i didn't put on Unitas.  The game is also so different it is hard to compare athletes of different generations.

Unitas, when he retired, owned every major record.  Unitas won Championships, he led one of the greatest 2 minute drives against the leagues best defense to tie the game in the 58 championship game, then won that game in OT.   He was an unbelievable tough player, every player from that generation respects him.  No modern QB took a beating like he did, and the older players did not have 1/10th of the medical innovations that they have today.

I'm not a huge Farve guy.   I mean, HOF, for sure, but after Holmgren left he was a guy if you played a game long enough would lose it as often as he'd win it, his last few playoff games are big examples of that.

Elway made 3 Super Bowls in a weak AFC, but his teams were crap.   He carried them, and then lost to some amazing teams in the SB.  Even that Redskins team, if you watch the game, their O Line so dominated the Broncos that literally any running back would have run for 150+ yards.  Timmy Smith would have had over 100 if they just had to grab a flag off of his belt.

Mahomes is on his way, but he's only played 2 years.   After Dan's 1st 2 years as a starter, I'd have said he was on his way to being the GOAT, no questions asked.

This is all fair. Def agree on Favre.

I don't count Marino and Elway because even though I saw them play it was really only at the tail end of their careers.

19 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I feel the same way but we did really well against marino, we were 13-17 against him which is really good especially compared to the way Brady dominated us.

I get that.  But I think its because Marino never played on loaded teams like Brady did.  I alway knew those Brady led Pats teams would be hard as hell to beat and never felt that we couldn't beat the fins but still it was Marino who I thought we had to overcome more than the Fish.  If Dan had a great day it was over. And he had a ton of them.