SouthernJet

Since Douglas didn't hire Gase.............

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If the jets go 4-12 again next season I could see them moving on from Gase

all this talk about ADAMS is a distraction from the schedule 

has anyone actually looked at it? 

they have to fly like 31000 miles 

A collapse/Gase firing isn't just possible, it's definitely what's going to happen 

Considering they hired Bowles, then Gase, I can only cower in the corner and shiver at who the next coach will be. 

the last time they hired a coach it was 4 weeks of Harbaugh, KK and Matt Rhule threads and we ended up with Gase

a coach so terrible, it's not clear he's even better than Bowles. 

and the next narrative will be how Darnold doesn't get his money because he was ruined by Gase 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

That’s exactly the same attitude I have every year......... until the season starts. 😉

I get it dude I've been watching for years.

But last year I think was an apparition with the injuries and mono, getting a new GM after the draft, CJ Mosley going down in the first game, trumain Johnson and the list goes on and on. I don't blame Adam Gase for any of that. I really don't think he's getting a fair Shake.

What I will say is our head coach, GM defensive coordinator and many on our coaching staff and our front office are well respected around the league. That's a fact!!! If you look at who Gase has worked for or with it's pretty impressive. Nick Saban, Mike Martz, Peyton Manning, Steve Mariucci , John Fox, Josh McDaniels ..not exactly a list of nobody's LOL.

In fact I have read that he is very good friends with McDaniels and you know that Belichick is tight with Saban. I'm just saying that it's probably more wise to listen to the Boys Club than it is the fans and the media.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Hmmm...  I'm expecting another slow start this year. Jets have a lot of work to do on their OL and their WR corps, and none of it's getting done yet. The worst offense in the league in leaning heavily on a pair of rookies to help elevate them. Parcells would say, add one loss for every rookie starter. Jets have at least two on offense and maybe Davis on defense. Then, the other answer at WR is supposed to be Breshad Perriman... ? 

Ugh. It sucks, but I really see another "incomplete," for this year. Hopefully another strong finish that they can build upon, rather than having it interrupted by a pandemic. 

i agree this season can go any number of ways.  i'm hopeful they'll get their collective act together sooner rather than later.  i believe they have enough good players to be capable of winning any game.

48 minutes ago, bitonti said:

A collapse/Gase firing isn't just possible, it's definitely what's going to happen 

Considering they hired Bowles, then Gase, I can only cower in the corner and shiver at who the next coach will be. 

the last time they hired a coach it was 4 weeks of Harbaugh, KK and Matt Rhule threads and we ended up with Gase

I think the first decent decision the Dumb and Dumber brothers have made in the years they have owned the Jets is the hiring of JD. While it will take a couple of years before history can actually come to a conclusion about him, so far he has appeared to be the first front office person in the Johnson era with a plan and common sense (and more than 2 functioning brain cells).

Look, I admit, I almost jumped off a bridge when Dumber (Chris) hired Gase after everyone affiliated with pro football, other than Peyton, said he was the worst coach in history. But we are stuck with him for now, so I hope he turns things around this season. I really, really hope to see the Jets win. Of course, the rumors now that Adams wants out because of Gase are really scary, after all the crap in Miami about players hating Gase.

But, if Gase doesn't perform, I hope he will be gone. And I think Dumb and Dumber have learned a lesson and will let JD pick the next coach. We haven't heard of D&D sticking their noses into anything JD has done so far, and hopefully it stays that way. The fact that Dumber gave JD a six year contract shows, I hope, that they realize they need an adult running the ship.

At least that's my hope, after 5 decades of watching my team lose...

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I get it dude I've been watching for years.

But last year I think was an apparition with the injuries and mono, getting a new GM after the draft, CJ Mosley going down in the first game, trumain Johnson and the list goes on and on. I don't blame Adam Gase for any of that. I really don't think he's getting a fair Shake.

What I will say is our head coach, GM defensive coordinator and many on our coaching staff and our front office are well respected around the league. That's a fact!!! If you look at who Gase has worked for or with it's pretty impressive. Nick Saban, Mike Martz, Peyton Manning, Steve Mariucci , John Fox, Josh McDaniels ..not exactly a list of nobody's LOL.

In fact I have read that he is very good friends with McDaniels and you know that Belichick is tight with Saban. I'm just saying that it's probably more wise to listen to the Boys Club than it is the fans and the media.

👍🏻I’m more than willing to give Gase another shot. I agree last year was an anomaly with everything that went down, although last year I was losing my sh*t when it was happening.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, slats said:

Hmmm...  I'm expecting another slow start this year. Jets have a lot of work to do on their OL and their WR corps, and none of it's getting done yet. The worst offense in the league in leaning heavily on a pair of rookies to help elevate them. Parcells would say, add one loss for every rookie starter. Jets have at least two on offense and maybe Davis on defense. Then, the other answer at WR is supposed to be Breshad Perriman... ? 

Ugh. It sucks, but I really see another "incomplete," for this year. Hopefully another strong finish that they can build upon, rather than having it interrupted by a pandemic

I have the greatest fear that this horrific mindset will be taken and he'll be given a pass after another miserable failure.  There could potentially be an argument for it when looked at strictly in a vacuum of this season and the circumstances surrounding it.  However, that goes out the window the moment you take a look and realize he's been a miserably incompetent coaching failure for the entirety of his career with the sole exception of when he stood around watching Manning call plays for him at the line.

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

all this talk about ADAMS is a distraction from the schedule 

has anyone actually looked at it? 

they have to fly like 31000 miles 

a coach so terrible, it's not clear he's even better than Bowles. 

and the next narrative will be how Darnold doesn't get his money because he was ruined by Gase 

I got a bad feeling this will be another patented Jet 4-12 season

This time the Gase excuse Army will blame Coronavirus 

d25irvlxl6k6fwsifc12.jpg

Adam Gase on April 19, 2021 after signing 5 year $40 million extension. 

SAR I

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

d25irvlxl6k6fwsifc12.jpg

Adam Gase on April 19, 2021 after signing 5 year $40 million extension. 

SAR I

Our 2021 head coach

5948DF11-E7FC-4FC2-997D-465C13DAE25D.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our 2021 head coach

5948DF11-E7FC-4FC2-997D-465C13DAE25D.jpeg

LOL, so replace the guy who has a fan perception of being aloof, anti-player, inflexible, and who blew it on his first job with a guy who is Gase on steroids.

SAR I

Haurbaugh isn’t coming here. The only nfl job he would take would be one that would be a sure fire better job than Michigan. Where he makes more money than nfl coaches. Essentially picks his own roster via recruiting.
Maybe if Sam makes the pro bowl this year, then the job would be quite appealing to candidates but then if he did why would we fire gase.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 6/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, SAR I said:

LOL, so replace the guy who has a fan perception of being aloof, anti-player, inflexible, and who blew it on his first job with a guy who is Gase on steroids.

SAR I

I agree.  Harbaugh is Gase if Gase was actually good

On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, hokiejetfan92 said:

Haurbaugh isn’t coming here. The only nfl job he would take would be one that would be a sure fire better job than Michigan. Where he makes more money than nfl coaches. Essentially picks his own roster via recruiting.
Maybe if Sam makes the pro bowl this year, then the job would be quite appealing to candidates but then if he did why would we fire gase.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t think anyone good wants to work for the Johnsons

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I agree.  Harbaugh is Gase if Gase was actually good

The players and coaches love Gase.  You should too.

SAR I

On 6/24/2020 at 3:45 PM, slats said:

Unless there’s been an unreported change in the Jets’ operating structure, Joe Douglas doesn’t have the authority to fire Gase or hire his replacement. 

The question is moot. 

Translate... Jets have sucked for 50 years for a reason

On 6/24/2020 at 11:47 AM, SR24 said:

Joe D held out for 6 years and signed half the team to 1 yr deals. If Gase sucks he's as good as gone

Joe Douglas knows the history of the Jets.  A 6-year deal ensures that he will preside over at least 3 head coaches while he is here.

There's even a mathematical chance that the Jets have one single GM on one contract while seeing 3 different Presidents run the United States of America.  The irony being the Jets suddenly looking like a model of stability. :P 

On 6/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, SouthernJet said:

How attached you think JD is to Gase? I get the whole 'they were pals from Bears days etc and even stayed friends, BUTTTT, he did not hire Gase. So with all candidates out there do you think JD hires Gase if he had chance originally?

Now lets assume Gase doesnt make playoffs (and JD smart procuring of 6 year deal, 4 with 'new coach??') and lets say JD fires Gase.

Based on JDs past teams, coaches he has been with, his style, etc, can you name a few candidates you think JD may hire assuming it his 100% choice?

I know he has history with Greg Roman, Jim Schwartz and Chuck Pagano, Mike Pettine, ????

Name the guys you think JD may be looking at?

REX RYAN

I think Gase has to do pretty dgood this year. This is reason Douglas said no to Jets FOUR times..He demanded a 6 year deal cause I think he wanted 4 years in case he had to fire coach he inherited , Gase,  after 2 years (he obviously hoped he wouldnt have to but wanted 4 years with HIS HC choice in case he had to fire Gase)

Question is, who do you think MIGHT be some on his short list to bring in as HC or promote from within?

On 6/24/2020 at 3:43 PM, nico002 said:

Gase hired Douglas 

In that case, it's the best thing Gase has done for the franchise.

Should Gase get fired, I would think that the person Douglas hires should be reporting to him, and not directly to ownership. I do not like the current org chart.

On 6/28/2020 at 4:23 PM, SAR I said:

The players and coaches love Gase.  You should too.

SAR I

Sam gets along with Gase.  That I’ll give you

41 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sam gets along with Gase.  That I’ll give you

If there was this hatred of Gase, the kind of hatred you imagine, sitting at 1-7 with the airplanes circling and the media buzzards smelling blood the team would have quit on him like day old donuts, they'd have finished 2-6, leaks from "unnamed sources" would be detailing all the stuff that undermined the likes of Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles before him.  Florham Park may not be a championship factory but it is absolutely expert at that sort of thing, we lead the league in coaches and GM's ruined from within.

Instead, not a peep of discontent.  Just heads-down hard work, just a remarkable 6-2 finish, one of the most surprising moments in recent Jets history.  No players begging to leave town, no coaches asking to be released.  Outside of impatient Jamal and a position coach who took a big promotion, we have the same team as last year all excited about this season.

The coaches and players like the guy.  It's time to come to grips with that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

If there was this hatred of Gase, the kind of hatred you imagine, sitting at 1-7 with the airplanes circling and the media buzzards smelling blood the team would have quit on him like day old donuts, they'd have finished 2-6, leaks from "unnamed sources" would be detailing all the stuff that undermined the likes of Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, and Bowles before him.  Florham Park may not be a championship factory but it is absolutely expert at that sort of thing, we lead the league in coaches and GM's ruined from within.

Instead, not a peep of discontent.  Just heads-down hard work, just a remarkable 6-2 finish, one of the most surprising moments in recent Jets history.  No players begging to leave town, no coaches asking to be released.  Outside of impatient Jamal and a position coach who took a big promotion, we have the same team as last year all excited about this season.

SAR I

There are plenty of extremely likable people who are still absolutely awful at their jobs.  There is absolutely no correlation between the two in football coaching, and that has been proven many times over.  Gase is simply the most recent evidence of that.

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

A lot of Gase’s players don’t like him

He’s lucky Sam, the best and most important player on the team, is agreeable enough to tolerate him

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

A lot of Gase’s players don’t like him.

If that were the case then the team would have folded like a cheap suit sitting at 1-7.  Instead, they went on an inspired 6-2 run.  

If the NFL gave an award for Second Half Coach Of The Year, Adam Gase takes it in a landslide.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

If that were the case then the team would have folded like a cheap suit sitting at 1-7.  Instead, they went on an inspired 6-2 run.  

If the NFL gave an award for Second Half Coach Of The Year, Adam Gase takes it in a landslide.

SAR I

The incredible run you keep harping on like it was bigger than winning the Super Bowl was because we had a healthy Sam and hit an easy part of the schedule 

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The incredible run you keep harping on like it was bigger than winning the Super Bowl was because we had a healthy Sam and hit an easy part of the schedule 

The Bills, Patriots, and Ravens, to name a few, were completely healthy and had similar records against that so-called "easy schedule".  The Jets were completely injured.  One expected those three playoff teams to cruise through easy teams; no one expected that from the 1-7 Jets.

Yes, Sam Darnold getting his strength back after a month-long debilitating disease was a big difference maker.  But the team around him was trash.  Worst OL in the NFL, worst rushing attack in the NFL.  So winning 6 games with that type of third-rate offense is a major accomplishment.

Imagine a world where Darnold doesn't get mono and the Jets aren't the most injured team in the league and you see that the Jets would have been 10-6 or 11-5 and we wouldn't be talking about Adam Gase's deficiencies based on past perception.  We'd be thrilled that we made a good hire and that Gase and Darnold and Gregg are all getting along and are on their way to getting back-to-back playoff berths.  Anyone can see this.  You should too.

SAR I

On 6/24/2020 at 11:37 AM, SouthernJet said:

How attached you think JD is to Gase? I get the whole 'they were pals from Bears days etc and even stayed friends, BUTTTT, he did not hire Gase. So with all candidates out there do you think JD hires Gase if he had chance originally?

Now lets assume Gase doesnt make playoffs (and JD smart procuring of 6 year deal, 4 with 'new coach??') and lets say JD fires Gase.

Based on JDs past teams, coaches he has been with, his style, etc, can you name a few candidates you think JD may hire assuming it his 100% choice?

I know he has history with Greg Roman, Jim Schwartz and Chuck Pagano, Mike Pettine, ????

Name the guys you think JD may be looking at?

All 4 of those are stiffs. Isn't it better to hope that Gase pans out? If I am hiring a head coach I am hiring an experienced ST coordinator and then hiring the best OC and DC that fits the new HC philosophy. I am not a fan of retread head coaches that much and think the trend of hiring the hot coordinator is pretty flawed as well. ST coaches have a better background in general to become a head coach as the HC position is closer to what a ST coordinator does than someone on either side of the ball.