What Jets do you see (if any) as Fantasy relevant in 2020 (1 pt PPR, redraft and Keeper))

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Let me say this first: I love Sam’s potential (yes, I’m aware he’s going into year 3, but he still has it).

Still, Winston is a significantly better downfield passer than Sam is as of now...and that’s Perriman’s bread and butter. Also, no one knows what this OL will be with all the new faces and no practice time to gel. If Sam doesn’t have time, that’s another concern. Bottom line, I’d be weary of Perriman as anything more than a late round flier. 

This.  Really, most new additions to rosters across the league (especially at WR) will need to be downgraded a few slots on everyone's board due to lack of familiarity and practice time.  If there is a season, Perriman will likely only have value in the 2nd half of the season.

All of these "new guys" at WR, to me, will be basically undraftable based on where they're valued and what I think their value SHOULD be:

• DeAndre Hopkins
  • Stefon Diggs
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Perriman
  • Emmanuel Sanders

Not to mention I'm pretty much not touching any rookie WRs if I'm not in a Keeper League.  Rookie WR's tend to struggle under normal conditions.  This year they'll struggle even more.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This.  Really, most new additions to rosters across the league (especially at WR) will need to be downgraded a few slots on everyone's board due to lack of familiarity and practice time.  If there is a season, Perriman will likely only have value in the 2nd half of the season.

All of these "new guys" at WR, to me, will be basically undraftable based on where they're valued and what I think their value SHOULD be:

• DeAndre Hopkins
  • Stefon Diggs
  • Brandin Cooks
  • Perriman
  • Emmanuel Sanders

Not to mention I'm pretty much not touching any rookie WRs if I'm not in a Keeper League.  Rookie WR's tend to struggle under normal conditions.  This year they'll struggle even more.

While I agree with all of this, Nuk is the exception to the rule. That dude is the best WR in the game and he's played with dog sh*t at QB other than Deshaun since he came into the league in '13 (below). I'd still take him late in the first in a 12 team 1 QB league with PPR. 

2013 Matt Schaub (8) / Case Keenum (8) [12]
2014 Ryan Fitzpatrick (12) / Ryan Mallett (2) / Case Keenum (2) [13]
2015 Brian Hoyer (9) / Ryan Mallett (4) / T. J. Yates (2) / Brandon Weeden (1) [14]
2016 Brock Osweiler (14) / Tom Savage (2) [15]
2017 Tom Savage (7) / Deshaun Watson (6) / T. J. Yates (3) [16]
2018 Deshaun Watson (16) [17]
2019 Deshaun Watson (15) / A. J. McCarron (1) [18]

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

While I agree with all of this, Nuk is the exception to the rule. That dude is the best WR in the game and he's played with dog sh*t at QB other than Deshaun since he came into the league in '13 (below). I'd still take him late in the first in a 12 team 1 QB league with PPR. 

2013 Matt Schaub (8) / Case Keenum (8) [12]
2014 Ryan Fitzpatrick (12) / Ryan Mallett (2) / Case Keenum (2) [13]
2015 Brian Hoyer (9) / Ryan Mallett (4) / T. J. Yates (2) / Brandon Weeden (1) [14]
2016 Brock Osweiler (14) / Tom Savage (2) [15]
2017 Tom Savage (7) / Deshaun Watson (6) / T. J. Yates (3) [16]
2018 Deshaun Watson (16) [17]
2019 Deshaun Watson (15) / A. J. McCarron (1) [18]

Absolutely still a 1st round pick.  I just have him something like 10th on my board rather than, say, 6th-7th.  

What will help Hopkins is that he's great at catching throws from QB's who are outside of the pocket.  Over the last 2 seasons, no WR in the league has caught more TDs from a QB throwing outside of the pocket.  And Murray loves leaving the pocket to make throws.  He was 4th in the league in such attempts last year.  

That will obviously help Murray more than Hopkins though.

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2020 at 12:47 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely still a 1st round pick.  I just have him something like 10th on my board rather than, say, 6th-7th.  

What will help Hopkins is that he's great at catching throws from QB's who are outside of the pocket.  Over the last 2 seasons, no WR in the league has caught more TDs from a QB throwing outside of the pocket.  And Murray loves leaving the pocket to make throws.  He was 4th in the league in such attempts last year.  

That will obviously help Murray more than Hopkins though.

Hopkins will be a beast anywhere.  Obviously Kingsbury wants to throw it and Murray is a one read guy so Hopkins will get a huge amount of targets my only concern is the Cardinals OL sucks

On 6/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, predator_05 said:

Guys on this forum are predicting darnold to hit 4000+ yards in consideration of roster improvements, surely a few of those WRs will be handy?

in fantasy, QBs on teams always behind can be fantasy all stars. I had winston last year and rode him to a championship . every week he had like 4 pts at halftime, then ended up with 30+ points be games end as Bucs were throwing every down in 2nd half vs easy yardage prevent defenses LOL

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2020 at 2:13 PM, More Cowbell said:

I would take Mims in a dynasty league only, possibly as a 4th WR as a bye week fill in in a redraft. 

The only other I would take is Bell as a flex. I had Crowder in my ppr last season and he really didn't  do much for me. I thought Darnold was going to throw him 10 passes a game. 

I think crowder will have a decent year since OffLine rebuilt. Last year Jets QBs were last in NFL in 'time to throw the ball before pressured'.. week 1 when they had Bills on ropes was an indicator of how they want to use Crowder..I think he caught 12-13 balls?

Joe Montana wouldnt have completed passes last year behind that Jets line.

56 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

in fantasy, QBs on teams always behind can be fantasy all stars. I had winston last year and rode him to a championship . every week he had like 4 pts at halftime, then ended up with 30+ points be games end as Bucs were throwing every down in 2nd half vs easy yardage prevent defenses LOL

I think Daniel Jones ends up being like that this year

On 6/24/2020 at 2:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Depends on where they're available.  I'm not touching Bell where his consensus value is in most leagues.

Crowder and Perriman are pretty good players to target based on the cost to get them.  Given that familiarity is going to be of paramount importance in 2020, expect Crowder to get targeted by Darnold a ton this season, if there is one.

I absolutely would target Mims in a keeper league.  He''s got future WR1 written all over him.

Everyone else....nah.  Herndon has no value while Ryan Griffin is around.  And there are a lot of better fantasy QB bets than Darnold at the moment.  He's only worth drafting in a 2-QB league.  In a 10 or 12-team league, he should be available off the free agent pile if you want him.  He's not startable against two tough defenses to open up (BUF, SF), so leave him on the FA pile until he has a good matchup.

There might not be a season so I'm kind of "meh" on fantasy prep.  So take my advice with a grain of salt.

Yep. I've actually got Darnold as a keeper in one of my leagues, but that's because it's a 2QB 12-teamer auction league and the price was right. In redraft, the only Jet that's draftable is Bell. I do disagree on one thing: Bell is actually probably being underdrafted in the third round - he's now fully back from a 1-year layoff and has an NFL caliber OL to run behind. I think he's very likely to return second round value this year.

In a keeper league, Mims, Darnold, and Perine are all worth a look

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep. I've actually got Darnold as a keeper in one of my leagues, but that's because it's a 2QB 12-teamer auction league and the price was right. In redraft, the only Jet that's draftable is Bell. I do disagree on one thing: Bell is actually probably being underdrafted in the third round - he's now fully back from a 1-year layoff and has an NFL caliber OL to run behind. I think he's very likely to return second round value this year.

In a keeper league, Mims, Darnold, and Perine are all worth a look

The problem with that is two-fold:

1) The Jets offensive line isn't going to have time to "gel" without a real offseason of practices.  

2) Even if the OL is greatly improved and Bell is indeed "back", Adam Gase has historically run one of the slowest offenses in the NFL.  It's an absolute snail's pace compared to the rest of the league.  This caps Bell's upside. 

I also wouldn't rule out Gore getting a bunch of touches, either.

Maybe the hate has gone "too far" on Bell.  I guess it depends on where he's being ranked and his ADP.  I use ESPN, and on there they had him ranked something like # 33 overall in PPR (RB14 or so), with his ADP even higher.  I think that's too high.  There are lot of backs in more exciting offenses that I think will outperform him.