Mehta at it Again

Flashback to a few days ago when I started a thread saying Gase is a big factor in Jamal wanting to leave, and everyone thought I was crazy..... Facts are facts and when you look at the whole body of evidence it's pretty clear Jamal dislikes Gase, and he's not entirely wrong about that aspect of things.  This is not to say Jamal is in the right here about his contract, he's not, but the story is real.

Here's the body of evidence as I previously wrote:

I honestly think Jamal has been rubbed the wrong way by Gase since day 1.  Let's look at all this from Jamal's perspective: Mike Maccagnan drafted him, so Jamal had a degree of loyalty there.  When Gase came in and immediately forced Macc out (however much he did deserve to get fired) Jamal probably wasn't thrilled, because now he has to negotiate his next contract with a guy who didn't draft him, and also a guy who clashed with his buddy Jarvis Landry from LSU and traded him away from Miami.

So going into camp, Jamal was probably wary of him because of what his friend Landry told him.  And once the season began, things probably only accelerated.  It's been made clear through backchannels that players on the defense didn't appreciate the way Gase never even looked their way during practice.  Even after the offense goes inside his back is still to the D.  If you're a defensive player, that's gotta rub you the wrong way just a little.  Those guys respect the hell out of Gregg Williams but they view Gase as disrespectful at best, and as a joke at worst.  Then there's the New England game and Jamal getting benched because Gase basically thought he'd lost focus.  That, and the media backlash of it, was something Jamal wasn't prepared to deal with.

Towards the end of the season, Ed Reed posted a video on instagram from the Jets practice facility and talked about how guys get jobs based on who they worked with before, without being prepared to handle the job.  I'm willing to bet money that this was Jamal talking to Ed, referring to how Gase has rode Peyton Manning's coattails to 2 head coaching jobs now.

Also, Gase has been quoted as saying he doesn't need to evolve his style because his contract is guaranteed so he says "F*ck it, I'm rich."  If you're a player what're you gonna think of that?

And remember, we still don't know how much power Joe Douglas really has vs. Gase in deciding who to sign.  If Jamal had a better working relationship with the front office I think this would have a much better chance of working out, but the relationship seems sort of doomed at this point, unless Gase and Douglas wake up and realize this is a game-changing player here and they don't grow on trees.  It makes sense to do nothing now, but if it boils over in the coming months they should extend him.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Some people on this board are in denial about Gase.  He's made some serious missteps that's put in question his credibility with the players, especially on defense.  This isn't opinion, it's fact, and the beat writers other than Manish have said so.

Cite your sources. Besides Manish because then it’d be begging the fact. 

• Upvote 2

Gase sucks and Bieniemy absolutely should have gotten a HC job before Gase got a 2nd chance as one. 
But the idea of him running Jamal Adams out of town is a complete farce.  Not only does Adams report to Gregg Williams, not Gase, he just had his best season under that duo.  Not a word has been said about Adams-Gase tensions until this week.  Meaning it wasn't actually a thing.

Gase was another mistake hire in a long line of them. We had a clean slate and we pulled him out of the damn line up.

Jets won’t win anything of relevance until he’s gone. He’s a problem.

14 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Flashback to a few days ago when I started a thread saying Gase is a big factor in Jamal wanting to leave, and everyone thought I was crazy..... Facts are facts and when you look at the whole body of evidence it's pretty clear Jamal dislikes Gase, and he's not entirely wrong about that aspect of things.  This is not to say Jamal is in the right here about his contract, he's not, but the story is real.

Here's the body of evidence as I previously wrote:

You are using Mehta as a source of facts? HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DLJ said:

I believe it. Gase is a POS who hasn’t won a gotdamn thing. Meanwhile folk like Beinemy can’t get a job.

Cant get a job? He's the OC for the best offense in football. He's only been in that role 2 seasons. He's not unemployed.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gase sucks and Bieniemy absolutely should have gotten a HC job before Gase got a 2nd chance as one. 

But the idea of him running Jamal Adams out of town is a complete farce.  Not only does Adams report to Gregg Williams, not Gase, he just had his best season under that duo.  Not a word has been said about Adams-Gase tensions until this week.  Meaning it wasn't actually a thing.

The only time Adams wasn’t on the worst team in the AFC East was playing under Gase. It’s not about winning with Jamal. Bowles pampered him and told him he was great. Williams and Gase want more.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

9 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Some people on this board are in denial about Gase.  He's made some serious missteps that's put in question his credibility with the players, especially on defense.  This isn't opinion, it's fact, and the beat writers other than Manish have said so.

Gase has ZERO input on defense....GW would punch him right in the chops for suggesting some dumb shyt

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The only time Adams wasn’t on the worst team in the AFC East was playing under Gase. It’s not about winning with Jamal. Bowles pampered him and told him he was great. Williams and Gase want more.

maybe he didnt like being benched.....since he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and all that

Does anyone remember a few months ago where Mehta was thought to have made an account here or Twitter or something, and then spread false rumors and post his stories? Forget the details. Wonder what ever happened with that . . . 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

There are a lot of "I thinks" and "Probablys" in the post you made the other day, along with some intense mental gymnastics.

Mix that with the fact that you are now using MANISH of all people to prove the validity of your conspiracy theory.....

It sounds like you want this to be true more than it actually being true. 

Sorry, calling it like I see it. 

I believed this was true as last season went on, and when Ed Reed posted that video I knew it, that opinion was coming from Jamal.  If you don’t think that was Jamal talking to Ed I got a bridge to Brooklyn I can sell you.  Also nobody has refuted the Gase “I’m rich” comment.  Costello was asked about it on WFAN and he didn’t deny it. 

Also Antonio Cromartie talked to Jamal and suggested the same on Twitter.  Whether or not you agree with it, this is the opinion Jamal has.

• Thumb Down 6

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cant get a job? He's the OC for the best offense in football. He's only been in that role 2 seasons. He's not unemployed.

OC is a term that should be used very loosely when it comes to Bieniemy.

Dowell Loggains has more play calling experience than him.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Does anyone remember a few months ago where Mehta was thought to have made an account here or Twitter or something, and then spread false rumors and post his stories? Forget the details. Wonder what ever happened with that . . . 

I think it was a supposed twitter account not a JN one.

icould be wrong though.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

OC is a term that should be used very loosely when it comes to Bieniemy.

Dowell Loggains has more play calling experience than Bieniemy.

Good point. I was going to post almost the same thing.

@DLJ is one of my favorites here, I’ll give her a pass here (not that she needs one from me) because I think she’s frustrated with a lot of the stuff that’s been said the last week here in other threads.

I’m not looking to argue or blow up this thread, but i get it, and agree with her about it.