Starve Out Jamal as Steelers Did to L Bell

Starve him out of football altogether, then let him go for nothing after he's forced to sit out for 3 years. That's how the Jets win this standoff.

Sure if the Jets can get two No. 1s for Jamal do it - that's his value, probably more as draft picks are crapshoots. Of course no GM will make that trade.

So as many people in here and elsewhere have stated the obvious: call his bluff and let him run his mouth from the cozy confines of his couch while the best three years of his brief NFL career amount to nothing.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Starve him out of football altogether, then let him go for nothing after he's forced to sit out for 3 years. That's how the Jets win this standoff.

Sure if the Jets can get two No. 1s for Jamal do it - that's his value, probably more as draft picks are crapshoots. Of course no GM will make that trade.

So as many people in here and elsewhere have stated the obvious: call his bluff and let him run his mouth from the cozy confines of his couch while the best three years of his brief NFL career amount to nothing.

Pretty sure that's the Sean Gilbert plan. 

Ive been vindictive from the begining. We can **** him for the next 4 years if he wants to play this. We got him under contract for around 3 this year, 9 next year and the franchise will be 11 mil. I wouldn't budge an inch on this turd. That's 3 years for the 20 mil he wants per. He can rot till we get a good deal or don't. I don't negotiate with Instagram terrorists 

• Upvote 4

Unless they get some ridiculous haul which would be shocking I call his bluff.  Make him. Sit or if he plays and isn't playing with his usual passion I'd suspend him.  You cannot let Adams dictate this situation. I'd rather get nothing for him and let him sit multiple years than get low value for him and let him get his way.

• Upvote 2

Joe Douglas & the Jets are in the drivers seat. Adams is screaming from his living room he wants a new outrageous contract because in his mind he's the best DEFENSIVE PLAYER (not just Safety) in the game. 

So, if that's the case, teams should be bowling Douglas over with fantastic trade offers right? Why would Douglas take LESS than what even Adams believes he's worth. Catch 22 for Adams, he looks bad in all scenarios. 

Why no takers for what he's worth? Does this mean that other NFL teams also don't think a safety is worth what he's asking? He was chosen not only for his talent but his leadership. He fooled McCaggnon, (not hard to do), and every single Jet fan that complained about drafting a safety so high are now vindicated as he's really been nothing but a PAIN IN THE ASS on a losing team. Bill Belichick proved by trading away pretty much ANYONE but his QB for 20 years that anyone can be replaced. Malloy, Seymour, even Bledsoe once he had Brady in his own freaking division! 

Either we get value, GREAT VALUE considering he's GREAT right, or let him sit & rot. I love this Douglas guy, he's no pushover, he's learned a lot under Ozzie. Most important Jet right now is Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 2

I have no problem letting him sit and rot, I'd prefer great value but I don't want him to get his way after all this.

Force him to see his teammates and if he holds out then we recoup the money. Play hardball and make sure this doesn't happen with other players in the future. The Jets are playing this perfectly, the only thing I want them to come out and say is:

"we have every intention on working out a long term deal with Jamal. We are still working on getting all our rookies under contract but we will begin negotiations once that happens. Due to the global pandemic this process is taking longer than anticipated."

Just say all the right stuff and when Jamal begins to kick and scream you can pull the "We don't know what the cap is going to be with no fans in the stands, we want Jamal here long term but it would be irresponsible from the organizations standpoint without having all the information."

• Upvote 2

Letting him rot does nothing to help the team. 

The Jets have all the leverage in this situation. Jamal is not winning any new fans with this stunt. He's hurting his own brand, and his trade and contract value as a result. They have no reason to rush into anything here. They're also not getting this two #1s, a #1 and a #2, or any such crap for a box safety looking for Edge money. At the end of the (proverbial) day, Douglas has to take the best offer he can get for Adams. If he has to string it out thru the trade deadline this year, so be it. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Unless they get some ridiculous haul which would be shocking I call his bluff.  Make him. Sit or if he plays and isn't playing with his usual passion I'd suspend him.  You cannot let Adams dictate this situation. I'd rather get nothing for him and let him sit multiple years than get low value for him and let him get his way.

The other thing to factor in is that, if the JETS give in, they are telling any future players they can do the same thing.

If the Jets play hardball, they will show future players that going this route is not the way to go, and that it will only hurt the player.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets have all the leverage in this situation. Jamal is not winning any new fans with this stunt. He's hurting his own brand, and his trade and contract value as a result. They have no reason to rush into anything here. They're also not getting this two #1s, a #1 and a #2, or any such crap for a box safety looking for Edge money. At the end of the (proverbial) day, Douglas has to take the best offer he can get for Adams. If he has to string it out thru the trade deadline this year, so be it. 

Agreed.  I am more interested in seeing this team win than in making Adams miserable.  Best way of sticking it to Adams would be to build a winner without him.

And if we keep him, and he becomes part of a winning team, that works too.

I just want the Jets to win; whether we trade, keep or extend him -- as long as it contributes to the goal of winning.

• Upvote 1

It’s very simple, you trade him at fair value. An all pro at any position including safety should haul you a #1 pick.
Even Jamal would Need to understand that he won’t be traded for anything but fair value.

If teams are only offering “low-ball” offers, you stand still. 
But some team will. The team doesn’t need his toxicity.

I expect him to be traded eventually.

I highly doubt he he would sit out multiple seasons, that does not help him at all. Jets will call his bluff. He will show up and play, but make some whiny, bitch-a@@ comment like he does not feel “respected”, will play this year but will never resign here. Rinse and repeat after 2020 season is over. The real fireworks will be if  he still here after 2021 season and jets decide to franchise tag him.

5 hours ago, slats said:

The 2nd paragraph makes the first sentence of your post likely, though.  He'll rot for some time because we won't get an acceptable trade offer, at least not until the 2020 trade deadline (if there is even a season).