Hall of Fame Game canceled; HoF ceremony pushed back indefinitely

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Suppose he means when a safe/effective vaccine is available. 

Impossible to say. The NBA solution should be the method, no penalty for opting out besides not getting paid. I think there will be a season, at some point sports will have to find a way to play through. This age bracket getting sick isnt necessarily a bad thing assuming they take the proper precautions/quarantine for the 14 days.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Impossible to say. The NBA solution should be the method, no penalty for opting out besides not getting paid. I think there will be a season, at some point sports will have to find a way to play through.

He also just said you can't compare the NBA n NFL. 

Mentioned the NFL is too big to create the bubble the NBA can.

Not saying I agree or disagree.  Just pointing out how NFL players feel.  Which of course ultimately determines if there's a season.

Just now, Mike135 said:

He just also just said you can't compare the NBA n NFL. 

Mentioned the NFL is too big to create the bubble the NBA can.

Not saying I agree or disagree.  Just pointing out how NFL players feel.  Which of course ultimately determines if there's a season.

Then he doesnt have to play. 

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Saints Malcolm Jenkins just said, "the risk has to be eliminated before I feel comfortable going back."

I don't blame 'em, but still sucks.

So what he is saying is that he is ready to retire? I wonder why he is diehard willing and ready to get knocked in the head over and over again but still worried about the coronavirus? 

As it stands currently he is about 1000x more likely to be affected by concussions than Covid. 

People really dont understand odds/risk assessment.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

So what he is saying is that he is ready to retire? I wonder why he is diehard willing and ready to get knocked in the head over and over again but still worried about the coronavirus? 

As it stands currently he is about 1000x more likely to be affected by concussions than Covid. 

He does, he's just going the Kyrie route. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

His parents and children can't get concussions from him being hit in the head.

Again, not necessarily my view.  Just what he implied.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Suppose he means when a safe/effective vaccine is available. 

There's no such thing for an RNA virus like this. We got a flu vaccine readily available at every CVS yearly and it still kills 60k. Nut up and play , or sit home. I dont really care anymore. **** sports, I can do without these insufferable children 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm starting to think 2020 Season is a wash. Of course.

I've said here (and on its predecessor) that if the Jets ever get a legitimate FQB on the roster, the world will end, or Football will be cancelled,  or something insane will happen to prevent him from playing. And here we are. We get Darnold, and he has to face Boss Levels of ever increasing difficulty....

Level 1: Todd Bowles and MacCagnan incompetence

Level 2: Mono

Level 3: Global Pandemic and a collapsing society

Level 4: Godzilla? Alien Invasion?

The prophesy was true....

Level 5. Jamal Adams

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Yup, we have a entered looly land. I predict no season right now, completely unjustified but there is no leadership or rational thinking left in the world.

Unjustified? Like the cases rising in states and hospitals in those states being overwhelmed?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Impossible to say. The NBA solution should be the method, no penalty for opting out besides not getting paid. I think there will be a season, at some point sports will have to find a way to play through. This age bracket getting sick isnt necessarily a bad thing assuming they take the proper precautions/quarantine for the 14 days.

Lol not getting paid is a huge penalty. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'm starting to think 2020 Season is a wash. Of course.

I've said here (and on its predecessor) that if the Jets ever get a legitimate FQB on the roster, the world will end, or Football will be cancelled,  or something insane will happen to prevent him from playing. And here we are. We get Darnold, and he has to face Boss Levels of ever increasing difficulty....

Level 1: Todd Bowles and MacCagnan incompetence

Level 2: Mono

Level 3: Global Pandemic and a collapsing society

Level 4: Godzilla? Alien Invasion?

The prophesy was true....

Level 5: drops his car keys in the truck stop toilet after taking a massive nasty dump and is too grossed out to put his hand in to grab them so he can't make it to the Superbowl. 

1 hour ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

...and the season’s over!  ?

Nah, the HOF game is 10 days before the NFL's preseason starts.  And if the NFL decides to reduce this year's preseason schedule to 2 games, that means they just bought themselves 21 days before two teams actually have to face each other on the field.

A smart move due to the recent flare-ups in warm weather states whose residents decided to party without masks on Memorial Day.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1