Hall of Fame Game canceled; HoF ceremony pushed back indefinitely

21 hours ago, section314 said:

The NFL has the advantage that they can watch how MLB fares for almost a month before playing any games. If multiple baseball players test positive when their season starts, I think it will be very hard for football to start their season on time. Maybe late fall, but not in September. If at all.

The real problem will be NBA

That is going to be a debacle

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

I agree. I honestly fear for those guys. I just can’t see how both hoops and football can be remotely safe. Baseball and hockey yes, those two,not even close.

Don’t worry I’m sure Adam Silver will have a very well organized lock down where if Lebron or James Harden go out partying they will be suspended ?

• Haha 1

OT but if the season is cancelled, do players like Adams accrue a season of service or not?

The FT Dak just signed, if there is no season, does that tag apply for the season and he just doesn’t get paid? Will Cowboys have to apply 2nd tag next year with 20% bump in pay even though he didn’t play?

There will be a lot of lawyers involved next year if this season doesn’t get played. No way this pandemic and it’s effect was included in the recently signed CBA. 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't think cancelling the HOF game is any indication of how likely we are to see football this season. It's a 5th pre-season game for 2 teams (no need to expose players any more than the usual 4) and there was never going to be a HOF enshrinement in this environment. 

I'd also bet that we may see 1-2 Pre-season games cancelled this year just to reduce the risk of spread before the season starts. 

It’s the HoF game and every Clemson player who comes within fifty feet of another Clemson player catching it, plus watching Abbot and DeSantis eat sh*t this week. I’m thinking we’ll see a bunch of college presidents tell their inbred hillbilly mongoloid coaches in a few weeks that they’re not playing games this season, and it’ll all collapse from there. 

I thought there was a possibility the 2020 NFL season might not be played, but after reading this week about the Mets, and the money the Wilson’s have lost so far with their season being delayed, ( rumored to be over half a billion, Limited Partners being asked to pony up millions in Capital Calls) I think we’re going to see football in 2020.

How much, and when is the question though.

Of course the NFL is on firmer financial footing than the NY Mets, but I can’t see any professional sport league just folding up their tent and asking teams to take that kind of financial hit.