slats

Jets "challenge" to put together OL

On 6/25/2020 at 10:57 AM, slats said:

This has been my drum beat. I think they have a decent set of versatile replacement parts -with a potential HoF talent in Becton- but they have to figure out where they're going to play, then they have to figure out how to play together. With a shortened training camp/preseason becoming more likely every day, I expect the Jets work on the OL to extend well into the season. 

Becton could be a really good left tackle in time.  If you expect him to be that player in his first year, Jmo you’re probably setting yourself up for disappointment.    It might take him till year three before you start to see him really put it together.( See Trent Brown - took him a couple years ).    
Again that’s just my own opinion, and I could be wrong.   

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Becton is only 5 pounds heavier than Trent Brown

I’m so sick of the Becton haters acting like he’s 400 pounds

TRENT Brown goes 380

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He’s 358, Becton is 363

GO to any  Patriots board and ask what weight Trent Brown played for them.   380 pounds .       It’s like in college they list a Wr 6’5 band turns out he’s 6’3 .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverthomas/2018/11/27/trent-brown-a-very-unique-left-tackle-for-bill-belichick-patriots/#21713ae6697a

Excerpt Brown, officially listed at 6-foot-8 and 380 pounds, has a way of making those around him look like kindling in contrast.

But looks have proven to be deceiving when it comes to the New England Patriots’ starting left tackle.

Brown can also move like one.

On 7/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, RobR said:

@THE BARON Here is his tape against one of the best schools in the country. Maybe you can point out how he can't passblock because I'm missing it.

Why don’t you put the 2018 game versus the same team.( had a lot of their talent drafted that year).   m Becton is going to have some growing pains his first year in the NFL against   
Nfl caliber pass rushers.      I want to hear your guess what his numbers will be his rookie year.  How many sacks will he give up.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company