slats

Jets "challenge" to put together OL

On 6/28/2020 at 7:23 PM, RobR said:

Why would you think his floor is the IR? He's never had any major injuries in the past and he's played quite a bit heavier than he is right now. Also if you look at some of these jumbo OT's you see less injury prone players.....it's a false narrative. Not too mention he's almost downright skinny for 365lbs.

Just appreciate him for the freak his is, because that's what he is.....a freak of nature. And now he's a Jet.

Becton is only 5 pounds heavier than Trent Brown

I’m so sick of the Becton haters acting like he’s 400 pounds

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn’t a particularly good pass blacker in college?

Well yeah but that assessment would actually require watching tape of him at Louisville and not simply relying on a dumb soundbyte by Tony Pauline

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, rangerous said:

yep.  i read this too. these guys all need to get into training camp.  it does look like they have upgraded the overall talent on the oline and much as beachum played well it's not like any team is ringing his phone off the hook at the moment.

That’s my biggest concern

Shortened TC and preseason means less time for the new starters to learn Gase’s playbook

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

SAFER PICK.  Where have I heard that before?  
Let me think.  

Oh yeah, was what Maccagnan always went with.  Took the safe route.  Was a major reason he deserved to get the hook and should have gotten it sooner

The “safer pick” is a guy who didn’t even play Left Tackle in college 

What is this nonsense?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

i think too many fans look at the oline and think they need an all pro or top 10 person at every position.  talent is nice to have but the oline really needs to be able to play together and learn the blocking schemes.  it takes time.  the top guys usually have more physical ability to overcome mistakes.  a second tier guy who doesn't make mistakes will be equally valuable.

OL’s need time to gel.  The 2008 OL everyone raves about they were shaky the first few games that season I saw Woody and Faneca turnstile it up several times 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

TRENT Brown goes 380

He’s 358, Becton is 363

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

GO to any  Patriots board and ask what weight Trent Brown played for them.   380 pounds .       It’s like in college they list a Wr 6’5 band turns out he’s 6’3 .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverthomas/2018/11/27/trent-brown-a-very-unique-left-tackle-for-bill-belichick-patriots/#21713ae6697a

Excerpt Brown, officially listed at 6-foot-8 and 380 pounds, has a way of making those around him look like kindling in contrast.

But looks have proven to be deceiving when it comes to the New England Patriots’ starting left tackle.

Brown can also move like one.

Ok fair enough then he weighs more than Becton 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

exactly.  even last season's oline played much better once they had a chance to play together at the end of the season.  i think sometimes fans forget it's a team game and probably more of a team game than any other pro sport.

I guess the reason Winters is still sticking around is he already knows Gase’s system and won’t need time to learn

But he still sucks

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i don't know.  unless van roten or even the rookie can't play the position as good i can't see winters sticking.  his cap number is too high for his ability.

$7.3 million for a below average Guard who yells at Sam on the sideline

Another gift from Macagnan 

8 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm only trying to dispel the myth that Becton can't passblock since a few keep posting about it. @FidelioJet

I'll leave this thread with my favorite tape, which was against FSU. You can see him calling the plays and protections several times throughout the game, which he also does in other games and dominates his man. Look at the length of his pass set @6:38 and how he explodes for a giant man. 

But why let facts get in the way of Tony Pauline stream of consciousness nonsense?

• Confused 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company