Jets "challenge" to put together OL

slats

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i don't know.  unless van roten or even the rookie can't play the position as good i can't see winters sticking.  his cap number is too high for his ability.

$7.3 million for a below average Guard who yells at Sam on the sideline

Another gift from Macagnan 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

@THE BARON Here is his tape against one of the best schools in the country. Maybe you can point out how he can't passblock because I'm missing it.

There are no sure things either way.  Perhaps he can start at LT, but I doubt it.  Anyway... You may very well be right and I hope you are.

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

There are no sure things either way.  Perhaps he can start at LT, but I doubt it.  Anyway... You may very well be right and I hope you are.

I'm only trying to dispel the myth that Becton can't passblock since a few keep posting about it. @FidelioJet

I'll leave this thread with my favorite tape, which was against FSU. You can see him calling the plays and protections several times throughout the game, which he also does in other games and dominates his man. Look at the length of his pass set @6:38 and how he explodes for a giant man. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm only trying to dispel the myth that Becton can't passblock since a few keep posting about it. @FidelioJet

I'll leave this thread with my favorite tape, which was against FSU. You can see him calling the plays and protections several times throughout the game, which he also does in other games and dominates his man. Look at the length of his pass set @6:38 and how he explodes for a giant man. 

The film examples look impressive.  Thus far, I have not seen anything on film to suggest he can not pass block.  My concern follows convention.  We have a prospect with little pass blocking experience AND soon he will be going up against the best pass rushers in the world EVERY WEEK.  What an OT in college encounters is quite different from what a pro player is going to come up against.  Beckton is going to be on a different planet.  Getting a bit more specific, if you watch more of his highlights, you'll see him having a hard time changing direction every now and then.  If he is awkward in that way vs. a college pass rusher, he is going to get smoked by an NFL quality edge rusher.   Again..... I HOPE he can and does transition to the pro game

8 hours ago, RobR said:

But why let facts get in the way of Tony Pauline stream of consciousness nonsense?

• WTF? 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:13 PM, RobR said:

@THE BARON Here is his tape against one of the best schools in the country. Maybe you can point out how he can't passblock because I'm missing it.

Why don’t you put the 2018 game versus the same team.( had a lot of their talent drafted that year).   m Becton is going to have some growing pains his first year in the NFL against   
Nfl caliber pass rushers.      I want to hear your guess what his numbers will be his rookie year.  How many sacks will he give up.