Gregg Williams Speaking

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I believe money is the only thing that is preventing the Jets from firing Gase and giving the job to Williams.

I think it's face more than money, but I'm 100 percent ok with him taking the reins if the team goes sideways this season.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I believe money is the only thing that is preventing the Jets from firing Gase and giving the job to Williams.

It's too funny.

Everything you accuse of Adam Gase of doing-  being arrogant, running things his way, being inflexible, being distant from players, being aloof, acting like a know-it-all......those are all the things Gregg Williams is known for.

You should be shouting for Gregg to get fired if you want Adam fired.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, y2k8 said:

I think it's face more than money, but I'm 100 percent ok with him taking the reins if the team goes sideways this season.

They here the rumblings.  As an organization you need to listen to your players concerns.  They don't make the decisions like NBA players seem to do but if there is a constant theme about Gase from players and people in management then you need to reevaluate the leaderships and the expectations for a young team.  You also have Miami history to look back on as well.

Get rid of the toxins!!

• WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's too funny.

Everything you accuse of Adam Gase of doing-  being arrogant, running things his way, being inflexible, being distant from players, being aloof, acting like a know-it-all......those are all the things Gregg Williams is known for.

SAR I

Not entirely fair but not entirely wrong either. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's too funny.

SAR I

The way I see it, Gase doesn't seem to be able to "do more with less" (whereas I think GW did last year).  However, it seems like we have better players this year (at least hopefully a much better OL) so let's see if he can do something now that he's got better talent. 

I mean, we know he can win with Peyton as his QB when Peyton is still playing at a high level.  So there's that.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's too funny.

SAR I

Not a fair comparison.  We actually experience with both and are making judgement's based on what we see/are experiencing.  Gregg has been very good here.  Gase has been very bad.  Gregg has been different than the things you say he's been known for...Gase has been everything he's been known for.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It's too funny.

SAR I

Except Gregg Williams has been the exact opposite in NY. Nobody cares if he was like that anywhere else. Our experience is all that matters...btw Gase couldn’t coach offense nearly as good as Williams can coach defense.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Are we really praising Greg for building up Adams in the middle of a contract negotiation? If Gase publicly called adams a future hall of famer he’d be crucified 

Williams knows the odds say he is still coaching Adams  this season. Why would he not praise him?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Except Gregg Williams has been the exact opposite in NY. Nobody cares if he was like that anywhere else. Our experience is all that matters...btw Gase couldn’t coach offense nearly as good as Williams can coach defense.

Gase has this year left to prove to fans, he's got what it takes, otherwise I think there will be lots of us that call for his head and the promotion of GW so we can keep him here.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The way I see it, Gase doesn't seem to be able to "do more with less" (whereas I think GW did last year).  However, it seems like we have better players this year (at least hopefully a much better OL) so let's see if he can do something now that he's got better talent. 

I mean, we know he can win with Peyton as his QB when Peyton is still playing at a high level.  So there's that.

Whoa, time out.

The very definition of "doing more with less" was seen in our last 8 games where we had a QB trying to get back to full strength, the worst rushing attack in the NFL, the worst OL in the NFL, and a patchwork of receivers.  Gase went 6-2.  That's amazing. 

More amazing than what Gregg Williams did.  It's not like we faced elite quarterbacks those last 8 games.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Not a fair comparison.  We actually experience with both and are making judgement's based on what we see/are experiencing.  Gregg has been very good here.  Gase has been very bad.  Gregg has been different than the things you say he's been known for...Gase has been everything he's been known for.

Adam Gase's offense got us to 6-2.  And Gase runs the whole team including the defense.  

You are making judgements based on predisposed assumptions because you wanted a different HC.  Gase did a great job last year, great job.  Stop being foolish.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

How do you know what Gregg Williams is like in the lockeroom, the practice field, or on gameday?  He has limited media access.  Practices are closed.  What, because the D played well last year it must be because Williams "changed" somehow?  

Face it-  you're giving Williams every benefit of the doubt and Gase no benefit because you decided Gase sucked before he was even hired.  6-2 was amazing.  Anyone can see that.

SAR I