Report: Jamal Adams to 49ers “Picking up Steam”

Jamal Adams Pro Bowl

Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated is reporting that talk of Jamal Adams trade to the San Francisco 49ers is “picking up steam” according to a source that contacted him via text.

BREAKING: Jamal Adams to the #49ers is "picking up steam." https://t.co/MLUPaEUQSu pic.twitter.com/uWSEbXZf2c

— Grant Cohn (@grantcohn) June 24, 2020

Cohn is hardly a household name in terms of breaking big news stories so it’s probably best to take this one with a grain of salt.  The 49ers are however one of the teams Adams told the Jets he would be willing to go to without needing a new contract.  Cohn added, “Should such a deal take place, Adams becomes the foundation of the 49ers secondary for the next five to ten years”.

The post Report: Jamal Adams to 49ers “Picking up Steam” appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
xoJAliPoN2E

Click here to read the full story...

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:

A first rounder from the Niners sucks.

This team may win the SB this year.

OK. So a first next year and a second the year after or a player? Doesn't have to be the only chip. Then those chips can be used to trade up or down.

4 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

OK. So a first next year and a second the year after or a player? Doesn't have to be the only chip. Then those chips can be used to trade up or down.

Two first rounders or no way.  These would be both low 1st round picks, so a 2nd rounder doesn't make sense. Or, a first rounder and a player like you said.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I saw this last night.  We will see how true this is.  But if it is true good riddance Jamal. I trust JD to get a good return although I wish we could send him to a bad team because that’s what he deserves but all I care about is a good return and players who want to be here 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

image.thumb.png.dc9a33dae98c3d25b45180ffe3d50662.png

I loved her performance in the miniseries, Sharp Objects (2018). She would have won a Golden Globe if not for such an extraordinary performance by Patricia Arquette in her portrayal of Joyce "Tilly" Mitchell in Escape From Dannemora. 

Eat Arby's 

I'd be wary of trying to pull talent from the 9ers offense. They've got next level offensive scheming and it wouldn't shock me if a player put up half the numbers on a different team.

Kittle is about the only offensive player on SF that I'd be interested in

Why would the 49ers send us a player of significance back in a deal for Adams?  Makes no sense.  They want to win a title this year.  Trading Kittle, Deebo Samuel, or any of the other players listed only serves to negate that effort even as they add Adams.  

The only players who we might get back in any deal involving Adams would be ones who are under contract disputes with their teams OR guys who would be cap casualties.

Dee Ford only got 6.5 sacks last year in 11 games (2 starts), so maybe he'd fit the bill there?  SF would save $14M+ by trading him.  They're currently $15.6M under the cap.

• Upvote 1

Jamal is probably thinking of himself as a mercenary.   He knows the Jets will struggle again this year, and that he is not getting anymore money from the Jets or any other team for that matter.

So he can play next year for the 49ers, make the playoffs or better, and then the 49ers have let him go because even the 5th option would be too expensive.  Or he plays for a better team for that.  

He is not seeing the point of playing for the Jets next year, and from my perspective, for 2020 and 2021 I would rather see JD build the team from scratch using more draft picks and money.  

That is why you don't pick a SS with the 6th pick-because teams with the 6th pick tend to stink, and they needed higher value players than SS.   It is not Adams' fault that the Jets don't need him more.  The Jets need too many other players.