Report: Jamal Adams to 49ers “Picking up Steam”

When I first read this, I didn't believe it.  

Now, there has been nothing on this, so just more garbage thrown out there.

Who said the talks were heating up?  What constitutes "heating up?"

Just because 2 clubs are speaking to one another doesn't mean anything.

Fake news!  

• Upvote 1

It would be so sweet if Adams wants out so badly and the Jets gel this year and win the division. The Niners will have a hard time even making the playoffs if you look at their schedule. It's absolutely brutal with so many cross country games and back to back matchups. I look for them to take a step back. Jamal can watch the playoffs from his living room. I could argue that the Jets have a better chance without Brady in the division than the Niners do to win their division with how solid the NFC West is becoming from top to bottom. I see the Niners anywhere from 11-5 (if they catch all the breaks) to 8-8 if they get some bad luck. That being said, I don't want to deal Adams unless we get an immediate starter at a position of need (either pass rusher or WR). Forget O-line unless it's a pro bowler. We have a ton of young talent mixed in with vets. You have to rely on G. Williams and the vets to get the young guys up to speed.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:17 AM, 20andOut said:

Grant Cohn of Sports Illustrated is reporting that talk of Jamal Adams trade to the San Francisco 49ers is “picking up steam” according to a source (Jamal Adams) that contacted him via text.

I think he meant the 49ers were thinking of getting Adams as, "picking up a steamer."

They have nothing I’d want for him and have no interest in their picks which will likely be 25-32. Pass. Contact the Jags work a Yannick for Jamal swap and give us the edge rusher we’ve been longing for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

From the Mod of a SFO fan forum:

Grant Cohn is legit in that he is a beat reporter for the niners, but I've never seen or heard of him breaking transactional news or show evidence of having sources within the organization to indicate he had knowledge of things that are going to happen. He's a biased, hot takes type beat writer. No niner fan likes him. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

From the Mod of a SFO fan forum:

Grant Cohn is legit in that he is a beat reporter for the niners, but I've never seen or heard of him breaking transactional news or show evidence of having sources within the organization to indicate he had knowledge of things that are going to happen. He's a biased, hot takes type beat writer. No niner fan likes him. 

Wow, they have a Manish also lol..., all except for the legit part...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Nah.

I think we're past the point of fair compensation, and we're walking to the pawn shop.

Oh aye, that's obvious.  We now have many of the very same posters who just a little while ago were saying Adams was the best player ever and totally untradeable and negrepped everyone who thought otherwise now dismissing Adams play value and being supportive of a below market-value trade just to dump him.  It'd be hilarious, if it wasn't so typical-Jets tragic.  

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh aye, that's obvious.  We now have many of the very same posters who just a little while ago were saying Adams was the best player ever and totally untradeable and negrepped everyone who thought otherwise now dismissing Adams play value and being supportive of a below market-value trade just to dump him.  It'd be hilarious, if it wasn't so typical-Jets tragic.  

I don't know about untradeable, but he certainly was and still is a great player. But his value as a player is irrelevant if he doesn't wanna be here. It doesn't make sense for either side.

I sympathize with the fanbase, we're irrational by nature because we have no control over anything. But the players shouldn't be so inconsiderate. I guess that's asking for too much in the era of social media; when brain-farts are publically documented.

If he handled this with a bit of class, going through his agent - instead of having it all play out in public - myself and many other posters would be lot less vindictive.

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:08 PM, Warfish said:

The one thing I know:  If Adams IS traded, Jets Fans will be unhappy with the compensation.

To be fair at this point we be lucky to get a 4th this year and a 5th that could be a 4th next year if he reaches  his performance escalator of two interceptions  next year. He’s done more damage to his value than Covid did to the Calabash Buffet business in North Myrtle. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

.. in your small world you're quite right... In the larger more sentient world you're quite wrong.

He's only worth the most that a team is willing to pay.  So far the only offer we can be confident that Douglas has received to date was a late 1st (unknown pick slot at the time) and a scrub Corner from Dallas.  

The burden of proof falls on the other side of the argument to demonstrate he's worth more than that.  Just because you feel that he's worth more or want him to be worth more does nothing.  

The longer this goes on, and the closer it gets to the end of Jamal's rookie deal, the more his value will drop.  Teams will not want to give up a 1st rounder AND be forced to pay him $17-20M per.  His current value comes partly from his play and partly from the fact that there are 2 cheap years left on his deal.

For all we know, we've missed the boat on Jamal's "peak value", and can't count on getting a 1st rounder for him at any point in the future.

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2020 at 9:24 AM, The Crusher said:

To be fair at this point we be lucky to get a 4th this year and a 5th that could be a 4th next year if he reaches  his performance escalator of two interceptions  next year. He’s done more damage to his value than Covid did to the Calabash Buffet business in North Myrtle. 

I never understood why we closed the topless bars and kept the buffets. Talk about mixed up priorities!

Wait I’m ripping buffets to the wrong guy.

This won’t end well for me... ?

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My favorite topless bar is a buffet. 

I’m not one for buffets anymore. I haven’t been to one in years. I used to love going, just for the crab legs though.

Did you make it down with your family this year?

Ive been on Long Island the last 5 weeks, but I’m heading back down on Thursday.

My friends have told me it’s packed with tourists right now, which is hard to believe with everything that’s  going on.

4 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I’m not one for buffets anymore. I haven’t been to one in years. I used to love going, just for the crab legs though.

Did you make it down with your family this year?

Ive been on Long Island the last 5 weeks, but I’m heading back down on Thursday.

My friends have told me it’s packed with tourists right now, which is hard to believe with everything going on right now.

We have a place for August 15-22 in North Myrtle. Not sure what to think of it at the moment. Gotta see how the Covid trends. Didn’t get down last year, was 18 straight years before that. 

• Upvote 1