JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

3 hours ago, JetNation said:

Upset that Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reported a story claiming head coach Adam Gase is unpopular in his own locker room, Jets left guard Alex Lewis came out in defense of his head coach and demanded Mehta reveal his sources, a move no reporter would ever realistically make.

Through his Instagam account, Lewis tagged Mehta, saying “Give up your sources.  You don’t speak for the locker room or myself.  You got no place in the locker room if you’re going to overgeneralize all players.  Manish, you are a poison to this team”.

With this, it would appear Gase has at least one player in his corner in the locker room and with Lewis speaking up on his behalf, will more follow suit or will they remain silent?  Stay tuned.

You can see the message from Lewis here.

The post Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

RfQmRNQ887s

Click here to read the full story...

@AFJF  @FidelioJet

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Coming from former starter that is now a back-up on the depth chart.  Wonder why he would say something like that? Hmmm...

Totes.  Manish totally doesn't have an agenda but Alex Lewis totally does.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

When one of your 90 players speaks up on your behalf, you know there are no issues in the locker room.

I accept your apology.
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

37454599-E9F4-491C-BB53-18759F78254D.jpeg.7acb61db51448e2d2112adb7389bc0e2.jpeg

I wonder if CJ Mosley's word means more to you than Alex Lewis.  Or is it all still just a conspiracy theory??? @AFJF @FidelioJet

What do you think @Jetsfan80???  Is Mosley to be trusted?

MEHTA IS RIGHT MORE THAN HE'S WRONG OK

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

I'm gonna try to find the time I said nobody in the locker room likes Gase.

Mehta claimed "majority".  

Do we really need every player to respond to determine Mehta was full of sh*t?  Mehta only knows three modes:  Lies, damned lies, and an occasional scoop (such as - the Jets are playing the Bills Week 1!  Wow, awesome work!) to keep people like you thinking he's a real journalist.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

That is one point I can at least understand and is fair, but for me is also more of an indictment of the inexplicably dumber of the Johnson brothers that it really even came to that.  It's the main reason my hatred has become slightly less vehement than it was at the time of the hire, but I still look forward to the day the Jets may actually find a coach that has the ability to, you know... coach.  That's something that's seemed to stump this team far more often than not.

The next HC needs to 100 % be Joe Douglas's call.  Otherwise we'll just be spinning our wheels.

Douglas needs to essentially be the GM and VP of Operations.  Stay the f**k away, Johnson's.

If Douglas successfully turns around the roster like I think he's already doing, hopefully he'll gain that clout over time (if he hasn't earned it already).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

If Gase goes 7-9 or 8-8 with this roster and our schedule, firing him would be a monumental mistake.

It's silly how people speculate what W-L record will be necessary for Gase to keep his job or get fired.  No one has a clue on that.  There's no line in the sand. 

Especially since we don't know who would primarily make that call yet; the Johnson's or Douglas.  That makes a big difference on the expectation level.  The Johnson's would cater to fan opinion.  Douglas, who is only here really BECAUSE of Gase, would have different thoughts.  He knows this was never going to be a 1 year rebuild.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Mehta is getting owned after Gase's presser.  Everyone
on the beat is tweeting what Vaccaro wrote because
the coward didn't show up:

Mike Vaccaro@MikeVacc · 1h

The most essential part of being a sports columnist is
being accountable. Rule #1: you rip someone, be available
to that person as soon as possible so they can refute and
rebut you if they so desire. Always. Sometimes it’s
uncomfortable. Tough. To do otherwise is pure cowardice.

@AFJF  @FidelioJet

• Upvote 2

He 100 % sounds like people who post here.

"What I'm just asking a question!"

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company