JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hate Gase and think it was one of the dumbest knee jerk reaction hirings in Jets history but good for Lewis. Manish is nothing more then a troll that knows how to push Jet fan’s buttons. I don’t click on anything that he writes and I’m not a follower on any of his accounts. If all the Jet fans did this he’d be looking for another job. 

Well said, and agree with every last word of it.

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

If you think a couple of guys out of 90 is proof of "the truth", then sure.  Totatlly true.

It's still far better than the 0 guys out of 90 who have said differently.

I'm the biggest Gase hater you will ever find, but Mehta's BS is such pure nonsense.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Technically, they’ve never quoted anyone who’s played for Gase who dislikes Gase. Not a one

Seriously.. it's a real weird world we're living in when I of all people somehow need to come to some slight degree of defense of Gase.  I may hate everything about having him here, but that's not due to him as a person as much as his long-proven complete inability to actually coach football competently.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Totally fair, imo. It was a weird hire and not one most people agreed with, but since he’s been here, a bunch of smart hires and acquisitions have taken place, so he deserves credit, at least, for accelerating that process. Give him this year, roll the bones, if it doesn’t work out, the worst case scenario is that he’ll have left the team, and the marketability of the HC position, better than he found it. 

That is one point I can at least understand and is fair, but for me is also more of an indictment of the inexplicably dumber of the Johnson brothers that it really even came to that.  It's the main reason my hatred has become slightly less vehement than it was at the time of the hire, but I still look forward to the day the Jets may actually find a coach that has the ability to, you know... coach.  That's something that's seemed to stump this team far more often than not.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Gase goes 7-9 or 8-8 with this roster and our schedule, firing him would be a monumental mistake.

If the team is once again carried to such a record by a massively over-performing defense in place of an endlessly incompetent offense, Gase will in no way deserve to retain his job strictly because of the success of a DC that was already chosen for the team before Gase, when the team was trying to hire a different HC.  The excuses of that kind of performance will be complete meaningless.

If the inverse ended up being true, that would of course be a very different story.  Bottom line, the record itself doesn't tell much of anything.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He 100 % sounds like people who post here.

"What I'm just asking a question!"

Would you really be particularly surprised if it turned out he does post here?

Might at least explain some of the defense he gets around here at times.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company