JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Mehta being a coward doesn’t mean that he’s wrong.  I don’t always like what he says...

In this case there’s been ample proof from Gase’s past history to support his position.

As for other beat writers complaining about him, it reeks of jealously.  He’s clearly the most influential of them all and it drives them all crazy.

There's actually only a few guys out of the hundreds that he's coached that have had anything negative to say about him.  And they've all been divas. 

And Mansh*t is so out of touch with anything Jets nowadays that his only play is to make sh*t up and stir the pot.  He's a hack. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He has been asked about injured players in the past who were out of action for several weeks and he simply shrugs and says he hasn't spoken to the guy.  These aren't players who got hurt two or three days earlier.  These are players who were injured and rehabbing for weeks.  Much of which happens in the trainers room.  

Having spent years in the  military, I'm trying to guess how quickly I'd have lost my position of I told my commander that I had a sick or inured subordinate whom I haven't spoken to for days, let alone weeks.

The guy doesn't even care enough to realize it would be a good idea to pretend to care and pop his head in and say "hey man, how we doin'?

It was actually only Tannehill and he was sick of talking to the media about it and it was becoming a distraction.  If you think for one minute he didn't check in on his starting QB's availability every single day you're a fool. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I thought most people knew what a hard ass Ryan was.  Pardon me if my posts don't come with a history lesson for those fans who require one.

Ditka was the hard ass. Buddy was exactly like Rex. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

If you think the head coach is only responsible for staying up to date on the well-being of his quarterback...well, then you'll say what you just said.

Show me the complaints about Gase not following up on injuries with his players? Go ahead,  I'll wait. 

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not here to do your homework for you.  Follow the team closely, day in and day out, and you won't need me to do the work for you.

You haven't even done the work for yourself, troll. But thanks for admitting you were following the Dolphins daily.  You just outed yourself as a Dolphins fan. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

And averaged 5.2 YPC at his new place.

You missed the point,  again

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Reading through the last few posts, im not sure why talking ABOUT and injured player is being lumped in with talking TO an injured player.

I could care less what Gase says to the media.  Its really not of any importance to what happens with the team or on the field.

But Gase not talking TO his injured players is unequivocally terrible leadership.  He doesn't need to spend as much time with injured players as he does with guys who are going to play on sunday, thats obvious. But to not check in on how guys are feeling or how their rehab is going is awful.  Imagine being a player who puts their body and health on the line every sunday and when they suddenly can't help the team, not due to effort but to an injury, the coach ignores them.  Are those guys really going to look at Gase as a leader and as someone they should respect?  No, they will look at him as a guy who just wants to get what he can out of his players for his own good and doesn't care how they are doing as people or how their bodies are healing.

For those defending Gase on this, imagine you got sick and had to miss work for an extended period - if your boss checked in with you and your family once a week for the time you were out would you be more or less likely to have a good attitude about your company (team in the Gase situation) then if the guy never called you once while you were out?

He wouldn't talk to the media about the injury, not the player. @AFJF  is just straight making sh*t up just like his hero Mansh*t

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Don’t be upset because some of us pay closer attention to the team than you do.  Nothing wrong with being a part-time fan.  

You're paying closer attention to the Dolphins.  That's where he had an issue with talking about Tannehills injury. Lol.  Good job proving your Dolphins fan status over and over. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company