JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think guys run to those coaches because they want to win and I think that's something that hurts Gase.  He's indifferent to the well being of his players.  I'm not just saying this because I don't like him, but he carries himself like a guy who has multiple rings despite having little to no success as a head coach.  I think that'll piss players off in a hurry.  A kind of "who are you to treat me like that" kind of vibe that doesn't exist when you're Bill Belichick because players know exactly who you are.

I hope I'm wrong and a few years from now you can say I was an idiot for being down on a head coach who won a SB with the Jets, but I just don't see it.  So for now you'll just have to say I'm an idiot for supporting Rex Ryan for as long as I did.

I don't believe the bold for one minute.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Not only that.  Gase has been justified in pushing back at them.

Jay Ajayi?  Malcontent, who was missing assignments, skipping meetings, not studying his playbook, complaining about his touches in wins, was underperforming compared to 2016, was toxic in the locker room, and wanted to be paid like a superstar.  He was eventually shipped off to Philly, where he had a decent second half of his season and blew out his back out a year later (durability was a huge concern with him going back to college).  Currently a free agent.  Best year of his career was under Adam Gase.

Jarvis Landry?  Severe malcontent who b*tched about his contract, wanted to get paid like a top 5 WR.  While he is a good player, Jarvis is strictly a slot wide receiver who is not worth that type of money.  He a signed a 5 year, 75.5 million dollar contract, 47 million guaranteed, which put him up there with Julio Jones and Antonio Brown at the time as the highest paid WRs.  No one is putting Landry on the level of Jones or Brown.  Absolutely no one.

Gase was 100% correct with Jarvis Landry and Jay Ajayi.  100%

Now as for not playing Kenyon Drake....   that one is inexplicable.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company