JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Coming from former starter that is now a back-up on the depth chart.  Wonder why he would say something like that? Hmmm...

When Jamal Adams says "Gase man bad", we must believe him at all costs.

When someone else says "Gase man really not that bad" it's a conspiracy on par with the Kennedy assassination.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

So the author of this article has:

-Believed Antonio Cromartie when he said that he has talked with Adams and said that there are problems between Gase and Adams (an indirect source with previous credibility issues).

-Characterizes locker room issues with Gase based on “sources”.

-When a direct quote comes out of the locker room supporting Gase from a player, asks “ will more follow suit or stay silent”?

Someone has an agenda.

No way.  That just makes you a "Manish hater".  🙄

• Haha 1

37454599-E9F4-491C-BB53-18759F78254D.jpeg.7acb61db51448e2d2112adb7389bc0e2.jpeg

I wonder if CJ Mosley's word means more to you than Alex Lewis.  Or is it all still just a conspiracy theory??? @AFJF @FidelioJet

What do you think @Jetsfan80???  Is Mosley to be trusted?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

MEHTA IS RIGHT MORE THAN HE'S WRONG OK

Plus, Mosley doesn't even come on the podcast, smh.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I find it hard to believe that this is a true quote from Mosely.  He is making huge money and is here for his leadership-its hard to believe that he would put this down in writing even if it were true.   I guess we will see.

If he didn't mean what he said, he wouldn't have said anything.  I know for some it's unfathomable that Gase isn't really hated by the players but it's true.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Where is that quote did CJ says it’s not true?  All aI read was him asking Jet fans a question.

The post was CJ being asked if the article was true and hIs answer of "-1000000%" Is Mosely's way of refuting the report.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Cowherd makes the same point you just did...anything less than 8-8 and he's probably gone.  Still need to find another coach who could/wants to win here with this ownership group.

If Gase goes 7-9 or 8-8 with this roster and our schedule, firing him would be a monumental mistake.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

If the team is once again carried to such a record by a massively over-performing defense in place of an endlessly incompetent offense, Gase will in no way deserve to retain his job strictly because of the success of a DC that was already chosen for the team before Gase, when the team was trying to hire a different HC.  The excuses of that kind of performance will be complete meaningless.

If the inverse ended up being true, that would of course be a very different story.  Bottom line, the record itself doesn't tell much of anything.

In your scenario, I agree.  That being said, I think it's going to take a lot more than some Gregg Williams magic to hit 7-9 or 8-8.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

There's actually only a few guys out of the hundreds that he's coached that have had anything negative to say about him.  And they've all been divas

And Mansh*t is so out of touch with anything Jets nowadays that his only play is to make sh*t up and stir the pot.  He's a hack. 

Not only that.  Gase has been justified in pushing back at them.

Jay Ajayi?  Malcontent, who was missing assignments, skipping meetings, not studying his playbook, complaining about his touches in wins, was underperforming compared to 2016, was toxic in the locker room, and wanted to be paid like a superstar.  He was eventually shipped off to Philly, where he had a decent second half of his season and blew out his back out a year later (durability was a huge concern with him going back to college).  Currently a free agent.  Best year of his career was under Adam Gase.

Jarvis Landry?  Severe malcontent who b*tched about his contract, wanted to get paid like a top 5 WR.  While he is a good player, Jarvis is strictly a slot wide receiver who is not worth that type of money.  He a signed a 5 year, 75.5 million dollar contract, 47 million guaranteed, which put him up there with Julio Jones and Antonio Brown at the time as the highest paid WRs.  No one is putting Landry on the level of Jones or Brown.  Absolutely no one.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Should be noted that Miami dumped Drake for pennies a year after firing Gase. 

Beat me to it.  

Kenyan Drake honestly just seems like a guy who needed a kick in the a**, and got it when Flores and Grier shipped him out.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Landry, Jordan Phillips, Ja'Wuan James and I'd imagine Reshad Jones after Gase lied to the media about a conversation he never had with Jones.

Now I know you'll toss the criticism aside for any variety of reasons you can find, but they are what they are.  Former players who celebrated his firing.  Around the time of his firing I also recall talk of Cameron Wake being fed up with Gase.

When players come to his defense it's "that's only a few players out of 90."

When players attack him it's "did you know that Gase is actually the anti-christ?"

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes,  Every player who does not share your view is a dog.  I know the drill.

Jarvis Landry was a malcontent who wanted to be paid like Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

Ju'wan James is a lazy underperforming malcontent who is on his way to being personally shipped out by John Elway.

I literally had no idea who Jordan Phillips was until this thread (edit: oh that jagaloon who did absolutely nothing until he played for the bills stacked D-Line as a situational player.)

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Devastating broadsides from some high-character figures, to be sure:

“We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff.” - Miami Dolphins OT Ja’Wuan James.“

8F80A6DE-B2A2-4358-95D5-1DA94CEDA9A6.jpeg

Nothing says "I proved you wrong about me" like losing a game for your new team all on your own!

• Upvote 1

Not sure how long you've been watching the NFL, but players praising their coaches is far more frequent thatn players publicly ripping them. 

It can be a lot like being a professional in real life.  One tip that is often given to job seekers who are about to go on an interview is not to bad mouth your previous employer as the hiring company could see you as somebody who will turn around and do it to them if you move on at some point.  Say something neutral like "I was ready for a change of scenery" as opposed to, "those guys at compnay xyz are a bunch of morons".

Stop and think about it.  There are rougly 2,000 players who get cycled through NFL rosters every year.  Do you think 99.9% of them love all of their coaches and have nothing bad to say about them, or do you think their agent has explained the importance of not trying to publicly humiliate somebody as it may hurt your chances of landing with another team if and when you're on the market?

So the basis of your argument is that 3 (toxic) players went public with their comments so, therefore, many players must dislike him and all the praise from other players is to be ignored.  Got it.  Do you not understand how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

I can find bad comments about Mike McCarthy, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Mike Tomlin and just about any other coach in the league because, newsflash: not everyone is gonna like their boss.

No, the basis of my comments is that in all the times I've been watching the NFL, I've never seen a head coach who as indifferent to his players as Gase is.  I heard what he said and how he said it about his players and thought he wouldn't be a very popular guy in his own locker room.  

We know previous players have ripped him, we know that at least two of his players from last year field grievances against the team and we know Jamal spoke to Cro, who immediately went to twitter to say the Jets hired a coach who doesn't care.

So in all your years in the NFL, did you never listen to what people said about Tom Coughlin? BB is notorious for not giving a sh*t and making football miserable for people, but he's the greatest HC in the history of football so people don't give a damn that he's an a**hole.

We also know that many players have come to his defense.  Way more than those who have actually put their names to comments. The grievances?  That is more of a front office thing, not a HC deal.  You wanna blast Douglas for that?  Be my guest.  Just make sure you apply the criticism to the right person.

Cromartie is, quite frankly, a f*cking idiot in his own right, and I don't care that he regurgitated a story from a whiney petulant child like Jamal Adams, who used him as a mouthpiece after publicly embarrassing himself.  Cromartie also called Todd Bowles a great HC.  That's all that really needs to be said.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You're not understading what I'm saying so no need to keep going.

All the best.

Quite frankly, at this point, it's clear that you don't even understand what you're saying anymore.  I don't know how you expect people to keep up with 90 different incoherent ramblings.

The life of a Jets fan.  Defend the honor of a mediocre head coach who thought Luke Falk was an NFL QB.

Hypocrisy thy name is Glenn:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You may find this hard to believe, but writing for JN doesn't give me the same level of access to the players that Adam Gase has.  I was optimistic because I liked him out of college.  Gase saw him up close and personal for a full year and thought it would be a good idea to hang on to him.

Yes, Gase thought Falk was worth a developmental place on his roster, especially after he outplayed Davis Webb by a significant margin in pre-season.  I guess we need to sue him for being forced to start the aforementioned developmental player due to injury to the backup and freak illness to the starter.  All third string QBs are studs, only Gase keeps one that's bad.

Also, you were defending Falk and blaming Gase for his faults well after he proved he couldn't cut it, so you can take your "limited access" excuse and throw it out the window.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I was blaming Gase for the atrocious game plan.  Any idea how many third downs they converted with Gase's hand-picked guy?  Steelers were foced to play their QB3 this year and I'm almost postive he led the Steelers to a first down at some point.  If Gase is an offensive genius, the results sure have a funny way of showing it.

Duck Hodges was awful too, with a better roster.  That's the hill you want to die on?  One awful developmental 3rd string QB was better than another awful developmental 3rd string QB?  They both don't belong in the NFL, and that's all that matters, right?

I'm not making the case for Gase being an offensive genius.  I'm pointing out the utter hypocrisy of complaining that he thought Falk was an NFL QB when you yourself felt the same way, going as far as to defend the guy when he was sh*tting his diaper at the sight of a simple blitz.  Don't hide behind the "limited access" excuse again either.  That's as soft as baby sh*t.

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fans who have never seen a guy in practice should have the same level of knowledge about a player who Adam Gase has been coaching for a full season.  This is a pretty strong point.

Once again, you defended him after he proved himself to be incompetent.

By all means, keep going.  Hypocrisy is a great look.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because two games with no game plan and limited practice reps is the same thing as a full season of unlimited access.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Something tells me, even if you had all that unlimited access, you'd still be sitting here spewing the same hypocritical nonsense.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The steelers finished 8-8 and lost to the Jets.

Okay but like, did you know that "Tomlin man bad" too?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Tomlin should of changed his game plan

He did, after all, have unlimited access to Duck Hodges.

• Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company