JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

On 6/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, FidelioJet said:

Coming from former starter that is now a back-up on the depth chart.  Wonder why he would say something like that? Hmmm...

As opposed to a former player, out of the league for years, probably in need of cash to support his gaggle of kids and who also wants to be an ESPN talking head.

Yeah, I'm going with Lewis

On 6/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, AFJF said:

When one of your 90 players speaks up on your behalf, you know there are no issues in the locker room.

Maybe

But you have to admit that it sure as shlt doesnt say there is an issue in that locker room.

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Which players openly ripped Groh to the press while he was still the HC?

Parcells has had his list of players.  So did Mangini.  Hell, so did Rex.

A couple of players who whine after a HC is gone is par for the course.  

Was Gase ripped the same way McCarthy, the other choice, they way McCarthy was by a HOF, GOAT QB?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Again, these were guys who ripped coaches after they were gone.  That's when it generally happens.  To claim Gase must be loved in the locker room now becasue none of his current players are ripping him is very naive. 

But to just decide that they dont like him because no one is ripping him is bizarre 

Theres no indication that there is anything close to a problem other than to do a Manish 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

I can see why folks who see Gase as an offensive innovator who is the future of the NFL would want to ignore Cromartie speaking out on behalf of Jamal because it’s a bad look for their guy.

Thing is, having seen good leadership up close and personal for many years, Gase’s flippant reactions to his injured players made me come to the conclusion on my own that guys wouldn’t exactly be inspired by that and I’ve said as much several times.  

A lot of people don’t understand this concept because they’ve never been a good leader themselves or seen a good leader in action.  (I’ve experienced the latter in combat zones and in peace time). Leadership matters and part of leading is taking an interest in your people.

My stance is that Gase strikes me as a poor leader who takes no interest in his guys while they’re hurt. He points fingers when things go wrong. His players have been critical of him in the past, two players have filed grievances against the team with him at the helm, Cromartie talked to Adams and came away saying Gase doesn’t care.  So even if we ignore Manish, it’s blind homerism to say there are no red flags regarding Gase’s ability to lead.

Hopefully this is an area of strength for Joe D and he can sit Gase down and mentor him, explaining the importance of taking two seconds out of his day to shake a guy’s hand while he’s rehabbing and ask how he’s coming along.

I’ve seen people fired for not taking the time to make a small gesture to show you take an interest in somebody whom you’re expected to lead.

Theres a whole lot of words here that are either over the top and self serving , like the first paragraph or just plain crystal ball material.

Coaches leave and players complain.  Players don't like certain coaches.  Happens all the time and who cares.  You've seen plenty of good leaders in action.  I bet none think their jobs are to be loved.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Incorrect.  People are suggesting I don’t believe Gase is respected in the LR because of what Manish said.  Even minus what Manish said, Gase comes across as a guy who refuses accountability and does not care about his guys.

Comes across.  Same thing as guessing.  You can't tell a thing about him refusing responsibility to that he doesnt care about his guys from how he comes across in press conferences.  

Parcells was the ultimate I dont give a shlt, its my way or leave HC by the way he came off, hell by what he said.  He cared about his guys more than anyone.   

You've got nothing to go on but your impression of him based on 7-9, his record and nothing about any knowledge of how he gets along with his Jet players

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

A lot of people seem to be having a hard time seeing the difference between not talking to the media bout their players and not talking to their players.  It seems like a pretty clear difference when I write/read it but for some reason a lot of people keep seeing one and not the other or thinking the two are the same.

Also, he wasn't a rookie head coach last season so we have several seasons of failure and lack of accountability to look at.

Honestly I’m not getting your argument.  You want to tell me, repeatedly that you can tell things like Gase doesn’t care about his players by he public persona.  

I could care less what a butt hurt Landry said after the fins wouldn’t make him the worlds highest paid WR.  Actually there’s a similar situation.  Or Ajayi who everyone says was a problem.  You know sometimes teams are just made up of asswhipes 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company