JetNation

Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

45 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think you have it backwards. No one is suggesting that EVERY Manish story, with a source is wrong. A broken clock is right twice a day. 

When evaluating a reporter and his stories, the question isn't whether he occasionally gets those stories right . You could guess on some of these and get them right and he could get some inside info occasionally. It would be impossible for the beat writer for the Daily News to NEVER get a scoop.  Manish could also  be making up his source and likely be correct that there is/are players that don't like Gase.  Players get cut, players get benched, players get less targets. There are plenty of reasons some players won't like a HC. 

The issue with Manish is that oftentimes his stories fit an agenda. He doesn't like a HC or is getting enough inside info, so all of a sudden he finds a random player that is willing to spew nonsense about that coach.  

I think you've missed the countless posts/comments on this forum claiming Manish has no sources and makes up all of his stories.  This is wholly and verifiably incorrect.  Why this enrages people, I have no idea.   Perhaps because it's 2020 and nobody is ever able to say "Oh, I was wrong about that".  Everyone is an expert and everyone knows everything.  When presented with evidence that contradicts their agenda, narcissism won't allow them to just admit they were wrong.

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mirror, meet AFJF.

When you’re such a narcissist that you believe your opinions are facts.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He can have sources, “break” tiny stories that are intended to be public knowledge anyway, and still be so terrible at his job that he’s the singularly most reviled sports journalist within his industry that I’ve personally ever witnessed. Imagine how unprofessional and untalented you have to be to become so publicly despised by your own colleagues *and* the biggest “scoop* you get in two years is that Denzel Mims signed his rookie deal.

So you’re saying he does have sources?

Just now, T0mShane said:

None that are interested in helping his career, apparently. 

But he does have sources?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sure. I’ve never said otherwise. The problem with Manish is that he’ll follow up a menial story about Mims signing his rookie deal with a column about how we’re trading for Andre Dillard or how Mike Maccagnan is safe in his job. 

Was Jamal requesting a trade a menial story?  I’d argue it was the biggest story of the offseason.

Grievances filed against the team by multiple people.  Does that fall under “meant for public consumption”?

Buggest free agent signings also menial?

What about the random firing of Morton a couple years back?  He wasn’t only the first to report it but forecasted it several days before it was official.  I remember that one well because somebody told me I was a “conspiracy theorist” when I said Manish was predicting a firing.

Dont like him?  That’s fine.  Everyone is entitled to feel how they like about any other person.  But the narratives about Manish aren’t supported by the facts, whether he comes in the JN podcast or not.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Your problem, and his, is that literally nobody remembers any of that because he’s such an unprofessional grievance-driven loser otherwise that he has zero professional credibility, neither among his readers nor his colleagues. It’s understandable for him to want to chase clicks, but you can’t turn around and whine when nobody finds him credible or interesting. He did this to himself. Weird horse to hitch your cart to, Glenn. 

Only thing I’m “hitching my cart to” is reality.

I know people get emotional about this team being so terrible, but we should probably be upset about things that are real vs things that are imagined.

I suppose we’ll have some of that if George Fant gets Darnold killed.

Edited by AFJF

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Glenn, are you actively rooting against the Jets at this point? 

Not at all.  I'm just saying that it's going to take something catastrophic to get people to focus on the football side of things instead of the media and/or Jamal Adams.

I used this as an example because I think we agree that the Fant signing was a questionable move.  I hope and pray his game against SF last season is what the Jets are getting.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Maxman said:

Manish trolls Jets fans. He has agendas and isn't objective. I called him out on this yesterday.

He responded:

xxs

Since he was insisting that all he was doing was asking a question, I answered it:

Does Manish have sources? Sure. Good for him, but that doesn't mean he is truthful or won't push his agendas and false narratives every chance he gets.

This has been my point all along.  Thanks.

Edited by AFJF

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company