Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

Just now, T0mShane said:

Like, which Dolphins players?

Landry, Jordan Phillips, Ja'Wuan James and I'd imagine Reshad Jones after Gase lied to the media about a conversation he never had with Jones.

Now I know you'll toss the criticism aside for any variety of reasons you can find, but they are what they are.  Former players who celebrated his firing.  Around the time of his firing I also recall talk of Cameron Wake being fed up with Gase.

5 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Calling Al Groh, Al Groh please pick up the nearest courtesy phone

Which players openly ripped Groh to the press while he was still the HC?

49 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So I can listen to a former Jets player who is being used as a mouth piece by a self-centred narcissist who is at the center of what's going on, or I can listen to the self-centered narcissist with no access to anyone involved in the situation on a message board.  Tough call.

There are many suppositions you are making here:

-That Adams for some reason asked Cromartie to voice his feelings. You don’t know that

-That Cromartie is accurately emoting Adams’ experience. You don’t know that.

-That I have any horse in this race, other than doubting Cromartie’s credibility. One that you seem to be putting a lot of stock in.

Again,I am considering the source. And you seem to be putting all your stock in that source, only because it supports what you think is happening.

That is called blindly believing anything, because of, well, and agenda. You do a poor job hiding that. 

• Upvote 1

Can we stop with this back and forth? It’s just going in circles.

I hate Manish. We hate Manish.

We both KNOW Manish.

When you are running a website, radio station, blog, you’re biggest challenge is getting in front of people, unless you have deep pockets. The reason Manish comes on the site is because it gets the website out there. That’s the whole point, to expand the brand, instead of a circle jerk here.

Manish comes on, says whatever, and then other outlets pick it up as “Manish on JN says....”. It’s the “on JN” that’s important. It’s marketing.

Manish is a marketing tool, which is his best aspect. If you hate Manish, stop listening to him. Instead we have 8 page tirades discussing him, which is EXACTLY what he wants. Do you think he lays in bed at night twisting and turning going “God damn it, poster xxxxxx doesn’t like me, I wonder if I should take some online classes”. He loves it when people respond because that’s his job.

Does Manish have sources? Maybe, albeit not many. Does he make up sources? Absolutely. Why? Because that’s his job.

JN runs radio and blog, and getting Manish helps that effort. He’s a pathway to exposure. Mehta gets his name out there. You don’t get business relations by trashing them publicly.

So can we please stop with this? If you hate Manish, that’s fine. If you like him, that’s fine. But this back and forth of why JN works with him is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

33 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Which players openly ripped Groh to the press while he was still the HC?

https://www.newsday.com/sports/nfl-groh-is-defiant-with-no-regrets-1.461384

Here's two players with a bare minimum of a search:

"But there is a defiant tone when asked about the criticism leveled at him by some of his former players."

"Center Kevin Mawae was particularly strident about Groh's coaching techniques, saying that the players had requested that he back off on physical practices and complaining that the Jets were burned out by the end of the season. Groh, who said he was unaware of Mawae's comments until yesterday, momentarily smiled when they were relayed to him."

"[Mawae] was always one of the guys who didn't want to work," said Groh,

"Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde also was critical of Groh's practice regimen, saying the team ran out of gas by the end of the season."

27 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/nfl-groh-is-defiant-with-no-regrets-1.461384

Here's two players with a bare minimum of a search:

"But there is a defiant tone when asked about the criticism leveled at him by some of his former players."

"Center Kevin Mawae was particularly strident about Groh's coaching techniques, saying that the players had requested that he back off on physical practices and complaining that the Jets were burned out by the end of the season. Groh, who said he was unaware of Mawae's comments until yesterday, momentarily smiled when they were relayed to him."

"[Mawae] was always one of the guys who didn't want to work," said Groh,

"Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde also was critical of Groh's practice regimen, saying the team ran out of gas by the end of the season."

“Former players”.

I was referring to current players.  Of course nobody who plays for Gase is going to say publicly that they don’t  like him right now.  That’s what I was saying doesn’t happen.  And if so, it’s incredibly rare.

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Reading through the last few posts, im not sure why talking ABOUT and injured player is being lumped in with talking TO an injured player.

I could care less what Gase says to the media.  Its really not of any importance to what happens with the team or on the field.

But Gase not talking TO his injured players is unequivocally terrible leadership.  He doesn't need to spend as much time with injured players as he does with guys who are going to play on sunday, thats obvious. But to not check in on how guys are feeling or how their rehab is going is awful.  Imagine being a player who puts their body and health on the line every sunday and when they suddenly can't help the team, not due to effort but to an injury, the coach ignores them.  Are those guys really going to look at Gase as a leader and as someone they should respect?  No, they will look at him as a guy who just wants to get what he can out of his players for his own good and doesn't care how they are doing as people or how their bodies are healing.

For those defending Gase on this, imagine you got sick and had to miss work for an extended period - if your boss checked in with you and your family once a week for the time you were out would you be more or less likely to have a good attitude about your company (team in the Gase situation) then if the guy never called you once while you were out?

He wouldn't talk to the media about the injury, not the player. @AFJF  is just straight making sh*t up just like his hero Mansh*t

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He wouldn't talk to the media about the injury, not the player. @AFJF  is just straight making sh*t up just like his hero Mansh*t

Don’t be upset because some of us pay closer attention to the team than you do.  Nothing wrong with being a part-time fan.  

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

Can we stop with this back and forth? It’s just going in circles.

I hate Manish. We hate Manish.

We both KNOW Manish.

When you are running a website, radio station, blog, you’re biggest challenge is getting in front of people, unless you have deep pockets. The reason Manish comes on the site is because it gets the website out there. That’s the whole point, to expand the brand, instead of a circle jerk here.

Manish comes on, says whatever, and then other outlets pick it up as “Manish on JN says....”. It’s the “on JN” that’s important. It’s marketing.

Manish is a marketing tool, which is his best aspect. If you hate Manish, stop listening to him. Instead we have 8 page tirades discussing him, which is EXACTLY what he wants. Do you think he lays in bed at night twisting and turning going “God damn it, poster xxxxxx doesn’t like me, I wonder if I should take some online classes”. He loves it when people respond because that’s his job.

Does Manish have sources? Maybe, albeit not many. Does he make up sources? Absolutely. Why? Because that’s his job.

JN runs radio and blog, and getting Manish helps that effort. He’s a pathway to exposure. Mehta gets his name out there. You don’t get business relations by trashing them publicly.

So can we please stop with this? If you hate Manish, that’s fine. If you like him, that’s fine. But this back and forth of why JN works with him is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Some solid points in here.  The main thing to me is that people get legitimately enraged over the fact that I say Manish has sources despite the fact that just last week he broke the Denzel Mims signing and Jamal demanding a trade.  These aren't the types of things somebody can just dream up and then they just happen to be true. 

Mob mentality has a strong grip on some of the posters here and while it's sad on the one hand, it's super fascinating to watch it manifest to the point of people making personal attacks on a football message board.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Landry, Jordan Phillips, Ja'Wuan James and I'd imagine Reshad Jones after Gase lied to the media about a conversation he never had with Jones.

Now I know you'll toss the criticism aside for any variety of reasons you can find, but they are what they are.  Former players who celebrated his firing.  Around the time of his firing I also recall talk of Cameron Wake being fed up with Gase.

Devastating broadsides from some high-character figures, to be sure:

“We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff.” - Miami Dolphins OT Ja’Wuan James.“

8F80A6DE-B2A2-4358-95D5-1DA94CEDA9A6.jpeg

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

“Former players”.

I was referring to current players.  Of course nobody who plays for Gase is going to say publicly that they don’t  like him right now.  That’s what I was saying doesn’t happen.  And if so, it’s incredibly rare.

You say that players won’t come out and publicly trash their coach, then you say that the players hate the coach despite having no evidence and, in fact, plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Just now, T0mShane said:

“We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff.” - Miami Dolphins OT Ja’Wuan James.“

As I said, I expected you to dismiss the guys who support my claim by questioning their character.  Doesn't change the fact that his former players celebrated his firing.  

Why you're so determined to defend a coach that you view as mediocre is beyond me, but this is armageddon so why not?

Just now, T0mShane said:

You say that players won’t come out and publicly trash their coach, then you say that the players hate the coach despite having no evidence and, in fact, plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Players who are currently playing for their coach.  I literally just showed you that guys will rip a coach once he's gone.

Just now, AFJF said:

Players who are currently playing for their coach.  I literally just showed you that guys will rip a coach once he's gone.

You showed me that JuWuan James said the Dolphins had no identity and Jordan Phillips was upset about being cut at midseason by the Dolphins.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

As I said, I expected you to dismiss the guys who support my claim by questioning their character.  Doesn't change the fact that his former players celebrated his firing.  

Why you're so determined to defend a coach that you view as mediocre is beyond me, but this is armageddon so why not?

I dismissed you post by posting what they actually said.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I dismissed you post by posting what they actually said.

You showed their quotes and pointed to their character instead of what  they were saying.  You also didn't address Gase lying to the media about meeting with one of his players and other players laughing at and celebrating his firing.

Do you want Gase back if it's a 6-10 season?

Just now, AFJF said:

You showed their quotes and pointed to their character instead of what  they were saying.  You also didn't address Gase lying to the media about meeting with one of his players and other players laughing at and celebrating his firing.

Do you want Gase back if it's a 6-10 season?

I posted the actual quotes, sir. The fact that all of those players are absolute dogs is simply a coincidence.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I posted the actual quotes, sir. The fact that all of those players are absolute dogs is simply a coincidence.

Yes,  Every player who does not share your view is a dog.  I know the drill.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

When players come to his defense it's "that's only a few players out of 90."

When players attack him it's "did you know that Gase is actually the anti-christ?"

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes,  Every player who does not share your view is a dog.  I know the drill.

Jarvis Landry was a malcontent who wanted to be paid like Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

Ju'wan James is a lazy underperforming malcontent who is on his way to being personally shipped out by John Elway.

I literally had no idea who Jordan Phillips was until this thread (edit: oh that jagaloon who did absolutely nothing until he played for the bills stacked D-Line as a situational player.)

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nothing says "I proved you wrong about me" like losing a game for your new team all on your own!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

When players come to his defense it's "that's only a few players out of 90."

When players attack him it's "did you know that Gase is actually the anti-christ?"

Not sure how long you've been watching the NFL, but players praising their coaches is far more frequent thatn players publicly ripping them. 

It can be a lot like being a professional in real life.  One tip that is often given to job seekers who are about to go on an interview is not to bad mouth your previous employer as the hiring company could see you as somebody who will turn around and do it to them if you move on at some point.  Say something neutral like "I was ready for a change of scenery" as opposed to, "those guys at compnay xyz are a bunch of morons".

Stop and think about it.  There are rougly 2,000 players who get cycled through NFL rosters every year.  Do you think 99.9% of them love all of their coaches and have nothing bad to say about them, or do you think their agent has explained the importance of not trying to publicly humiliate somebody as it may hurt your chances of landing with another team if and when you're on the market?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The actual quotes, sir

Quotes, right.

So, do you bring Gase back at 5-11?  Or what if it's 9-7 but the offense is a Gase-like 25th in the NFL?  

Not sure how long you've been watching the NFL, but players praising their coaches is far more frequent thatn players publicly ripping them. 

It can be a lot like being a professional in real life.  One tip that is often given to job seekers who are about to go on an interview is not to bad mouth your previous employer as the hiring company could see you as somebody who will turn around and do it to them if you move on at some point.  Say something neutral like "I was ready for a change of scenery" as opposed to, "those guys at compnay xyz are a bunch of morons".

Stop and think about it.  There are rougly 2,000 players who get cycled through NFL rosters every year.  Do you think 99.9% of them love all of their coaches and have nothing bad to say about them, or do you think their agent has explained the importance of not trying to publicly humiliate somebody as it may hurt your chances of landing with another team if and when you're on the market?

So the basis of your argument is that 3 (toxic) players went public with their comments so, therefore, many players must dislike him and all the praise from other players is to be ignored.  Got it.  Do you not understand how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

I can find bad comments about Mike McCarthy, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, Mike Tomlin and just about any other coach in the league because, newsflash: not everyone is gonna like their boss.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Quotes, right.

So, do you bring Gase back at 5-11?  Or what if it's 9-7 but the offense is a Gase-like 25th in the NFL?  

I bring Gase back if the team competes, Darnold improves by a lot, and the players that he and Douglas brought in produce. I would not root for Gase to be fired because of anything a scrub like JuWuan James may or may bot have felt about him. I’d consider it a positive thing if lazy malcontents didn’t like playing for my coach. 

Just now, Mogglez said:

So the basis of your argument is that 3 players went public with their comments so, therefore, many players must dislike him and all the praise from other players is to be ignored.  Got it.  Do you not understand how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

I can find bad comments about Mike McCarthy, Bill Belichick, Bill Parcells, and just about any other coach in the league because, newsflash: not everyone is gonna like their boss.

No, the basis of my comments is that in all the times I've been watching the NFL, I've never seen a head coach who as indifferent to his players as Gase is.  I heard what he said and how he said it about his players and thought he wouldn't be a very popular guy in his own locker room.  

We know previous players have ripped him, we know that at least two of his players from last year field grievances against the team and we know Jamal spoke to Cro, who immediately went to twitter to say the Jets hired a coach who doesn't care.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I bring Gase back if the team competes, Darnold improves by a lot, and the players that he and Douglas brought in produce. I would not root for Gase to be fired because of anything a scrub like JuWuan James may or may bot have felt about him. I’d consider it a positive thing if lazy malcontents didn’t like playing for my coach. 

Agree with most of this but I wouldn't want him fired because of James' comments.  I'd want him fired because he's been terrible at his job.  Or in your words, mediocre.

No, the basis of my comments is that in all the times I've been watching the NFL, I've never seen a head coach who as indifferent to his players as Gase is.  I heard what he said and how he said it about his players and thought he wouldn't be a very popular guy in his own locker room.  

We know previous players have ripped him, we know that at least two of his players from last year field grievances against the team and we know Jamal spoke to Cro, who immediately went to twitter to say the Jets hired a coach who doesn't care.

So in all your years in the NFL, did you never listen to what people said about Tom Coughlin? BB is notorious for not giving a sh*t and making football miserable for people, but he's the greatest HC in the history of football so people don't give a damn that he's an a**hole.

We also know that many players have come to his defense.  Way more than those who have actually put their names to comments. The grievances?  That is more of a front office thing, not a HC deal.  You wanna blast Douglas for that?  Be my guest.  Just make sure you apply the criticism to the right person.

Cromartie is, quite frankly, a f*cking idiot in his own right, and I don't care that he regurgitated a story from a whiney petulant child like Jamal Adams, who used him as a mouthpiece after publicly embarrassing himself.  Cromartie also called Todd Bowles a great HC.  That's all that really needs to be said.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

So in all your years in the NFL, did you never listen to what people said about Tom Coughlin? BB is notorious for not giving a sh*t and making football miserable for people, but he's the greatest HC in the history of football so people don't give a damn that he's an a$$hole.

We also know that many players have come to his defense.  Way more than those who have actually put their names to comments. The grievances?  That is more of a front office thing, not a HC deal.  You wanna blast Douglas for that?  Be my guest.  Just make sure you apply the criticism to the right person.

Cromartie is, quite frankly, a f*cking idiot in his own right, and I don't care that he regurgitated a story from a whiney petulant child like Jamal Adams, who used him as a mouthpiece after publicly embarrassing himself.  Cromartie called Todd Bowles a great HC.  That's all that really needs to be said.

You're not understading what I'm saying so no need to keep going.

All the best.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m sorry, did you provide a link where players actually ripped him or were you referring to Jordan Phillips again?

The life of a Jets fan.  Defend the honor of a mediocre head coach who thought Luke Falk was an NFL QB.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You're not understading what I'm saying so no need to keep going.

All the best.

Quite frankly, at this point, it's clear that you don't even understand what you're saying anymore.  I don't know how you expect people to keep up with 90 different incoherent ramblings.