Alex Lewis Responds to Manish Mehta via Instagram

Just now, Mogglez said:

Hypocrisy thy name is Glenn:

You may find this hard to believe, but writing for JN doesn't give me the same level of access to the players that Adam Gase has.  I was optimistic because I liked him out of college.  Gase saw him up close and personal for a full year and thought it would be a good idea to hang on to him.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

You may find this hard to believe, but writing for JN doesn't give me the same level of access to the players that Adam Gase has.  I was optimistic because I liked him out of college.  Gase saw him up close and personal for a full year and thought it would be a good idea to hang on to him.

Yes, Gase thought Falk was worth a developmental place on his roster, especially after he outplayed Davis Webb by a significant margin in pre-season.  I guess we need to sue him for being forced to start the aforementioned developmental player due to injury to the backup and freak illness to the starter.  All third string QBs are studs, only Gase keeps one that's bad.

Also, you were defending Falk and blaming Gase for his faults well after he proved he couldn't cut it, so you can take your "limited access" excuse and throw it out the window.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, Gase thought Falk was worth a developmental place on his roster, especially after he outplayed Davis Webb by a significant margin in pre-season.  I guess we need to sue him for being forced to start the aforementioned developmental player due to injury to the backup and freak illness to the starter.

Also, you were defending Falk and blaming Gase for his faults well after he proved he couldn't cut it, so you can throw you're "limited access" card out the window.

I was blaming Gase for the atrocious game plan.  Any idea how many third downs they converted with Gase's hand-picked guy?  Steelers were foced to play their QB3 this year and I'm almost postive he led the Steelers to a first down at some point.  If Gase is an offensive genius, the results sure have a funny way of showing it.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I was blaming Gase for the atrocious game plan.  Any idea how many third downs they converted with Gase's hand-picked guy?  Steelers were foced to play their QB3 this year and I'm almost postive he led the Steelers to a first down at some point.  If Gase is an offensive genius, the results sure have a funny way of showing it.

Duck Hodges was awful too, with a better roster.  That's the hill you want to die on?  One awful developmental 3rd string QB was better than another awful developmental 3rd string QB?  They both don't belong in the NFL, and that's all that matters, right?

I'm not making the case for Gase being an offensive genius.  I'm pointing out the utter hypocrisy of complaining that he thought Falk was an NFL QB when you yourself felt the same way, going as far as to defend the guy when he was sh*tting his diaper at the sight of a simple blitz.  Don't hide behind the "limited access" excuse again either.  That's as soft as baby sh*t.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That thing Jordan Phillips was upset about

Signing Luke Falk to be the emergency QB.

Quite the case you’re building

- 32nd ranked offense in the NFL

- Lost to winless Dolphins

- Lost to winless Bengals, making  him the.....

- First coach in NFL history to lose to 2 winless teams in week 7 or later

- Even his most devout supporter refers to him as mediocre

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Duck Hodges was awful too, with a better roster.  That's the hill you want to die on?  One awful developmental 3rd string QB was better than another awful developmental 3rd string QB?  They both don't belong in the NFL, and that's all that matters, right?

I'm not making the case for Gase being an offensive genius.  I'm pointing out the utter hypocrisy of complaining that he thought Falk was an NFL QB when you yourself felt the same way, going as far as to defend the guy when he was sh*tting his diaper at the sight of a simple blitz.  Don't hide behind the "limited access" excuse again either.  That's as soft as baby sh*t.

Fans who have never seen a guy in practice should have the same level of knowledge about a player who Adam Gase has been coaching for a full season.  This is a pretty strong point.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I just have to believe at this point there has been some directive given to stir the pot, in a period of down postings time. Only way I can justify this obfuscation happening

Yes, I only post when @Maxman tells me to.  He's supposed to send me an e-mail later today with updated talking points with an update on how close I am to my quota.

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fans who have never seen a guy in practice should have the same level of knowledge about a player who Adam Gase has been coaching for a full season.  This is a pretty strong point.

Once again, you defended him after he proved himself to be incompetent.

By all means, keep going.  Hypocrisy is a great look.

25 minutes ago, AFJF said:

- 32nd ranked offense in the NFL

- Lost to winless Dolphins

- Lost to winless Bengals, making  him the.....

- First coach in NFL history to lose to 2 winless teams in week 7 or later

- Even his most devout supporter refers to him as mediocre

That thing Jordan Phillips was upset about

Signing Luke Falk to be the emergency QB.

Lost two winnable games that would have put the Jets at 9-7 in a season where the dread Luke Falk started three games

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah the steeler and other teams without a off genius were some how able to get touchdowns and first downs. Its seems as if they knew somehow before the games started that they needed to throw for positive yards.

Crazy.

With their  back ups@!! I though that wasn't possible. That they should be happy  with no gameplans or chance to win like us.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Once again, you defended him after he proved himself to be incompetent.

By all means, keep going.  Hypocrisy is a great look.

Because two games with no game plan and limited practice reps is the same thing as a full season of unlimited access.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because two games with no game plan and limited practice reps is the same thing as a full season of unlimited access.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Something tells me, even if you had all that unlimited access, you'd still be sitting here spewing the same hypocritical nonsense.

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yeah the steeler and other teams without a off genius were some how able to get touchdowns and first downs. Its seems as if they knew somehow before the games started that they needed to throw for positive yards.

Crazy.

With their  back ups@!! I though that wasn't possible. That they should be happy  with no gameplans or chance to win like us.

The steelers finished 8-8 and lost to the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Don’t be upset because some of us pay closer attention to the team than you do.  Nothing wrong with being a part-time fan.  

You're paying closer attention to the Dolphins.  That's where he had an issue with talking about Tannehills injury. Lol.  Good job proving your Dolphins fan status over and over. 

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Which is fine if the offense is humming along, but when you're 32nd in the NFL and you continue to not use every resource at your disposal to get better, it raises flags regarding your competence.

The Cincy game is another example.  You lost to an 0-11 team with the worst run defense in the NFL in a unit that continually got exploited to the outside.  I don't think I saw Bell run to the outside at all in that game.

The defense I hear of that is that the Jets O-line was terrible too.  This is true, but if you have a terrible O-line and a terrible run defense, have those scrubs fight it out in the trenches and let your HOF caliber RB be the difference maker by sending him to the spots where their defense is at its worst.  We saw none of that.

A lot of people cite the strong finish as reason to believe in Gase but beating a couple rookie QB's, a third-string QB and Buffalo's "B" team doesn't do as much for me as it does for some folks.

I like to defend Gase here, but you make some very good points in this post.

Wish you had stopped there however.... ?

On 6/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, Mogglez said:

If he didn't mean what he said, he wouldn't have said anything.  I know for some it's unfathomable that Gase isn't really hated by the players but it's true.

The post was CJ being asked if the article was true and hIs answer of "-1000000%" Is Mosely's way of refuting the report.

Your quotes suggest Mosely thinks a lot of Jets players hate Gase.

but your interpretation is the opposite

8 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

I like to defend Gase here, but you make some very good points in this post.

Wish you had stopped there however.... ?

Never in the history of football message boards has someone been so disturbed by a supportive comment from a player about a coach, that they had to twist themselves into convulsive knots portraying sentiment is not in fact a reality. Because, you know, that player is not representative of the team. And, because Antonio Cromartie.

Mehta University.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Something tells me, even if you had all that unlimited access, you'd still be sitting here spewing the same hypocritical nonsense.

Nothing beats a good conspiracy theory.

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Which players openly ripped Groh to the press while he was still the HC?

Parcells has had his list of players.  So did Mangini.  Hell, so did Rex.

A couple of players who whine after a HC is gone is par for the course.  

Was Gase ripped the same way McCarthy, the other choice, they way McCarthy was by a HOF, GOAT QB?

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Parcells has had his list of players.  So did Mangini.  Hell, so did Rex.

A couple of players who whine after a HC is gone is par for the course.  

Was Gase ripped the same way McCarthy, the other choice, they way McCarthy was by a HOF, GOAT QB?

Again, these were guys who ripped coaches after they were gone.  That's when it generally happens.  To claim Gase must be loved in the locker room now becasue none of his current players are ripping him is very naive. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Again, these were guys who ripped coaches after they were gone.  That's when it generally happens.  To claim Gase must be loved in the locker room now becasue none of his current players are ripping him is very naive. 

But to just decide that they dont like him because no one is ripping him is bizarre 

Theres no indication that there is anything close to a problem other than to do a Manish 

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Is there somebody here claiming that Gase is loved by every player in this locker room? Who is making that claim?

Does anyone even care that a coach is not supposedly loved by everyone in a locker room? Is that even a thing? 

Show me a leader in any profession that is 100% loved, 100% of the time by 100% of their charge, and I will show you someone that is catering to the wrong aspects of his leadership.

Does it work that way in the Air Force? Did all the troops always say amongst themselves “You know, this squad leader, I don’t like his method, and that one day, he yelled at me, and I felt hurt in front of the squad. And those drills? What is up with those”? Did that happen often? Did that make them derelict to their duties? I don’t know. Curios on that.

I will tell you, this is this something that I do know, because I have been a leader of teams in the private sector. I did not give a flying F if the people underneath liked me or not. Or if they cared for my methods. I cared if they were team oriented and performed to what our expectations were. That is what is important. The rest is high school girl talk.

• Post of the Week 2